Author Topic: One thing that annoys me on Kanye's album  (Read 219 times)

On The Edge of Insanity

One thing that annoys me on Kanye's album
« on: February 20, 2004, 03:31:08 AM »
Overall I'm really feeling the album but i'm starting to get a little annoyed with all the time where the choruses in songs start coming in before the end of rapping verses. It happens on two of Kanye's verses on All Falls Down, and on Jay Z's first verse on Never Let Me Down, and probably on some other tracks i've forgotten. Its stupid because you can hardly hear what the rapper is saying whilst the chorus is being sung over the top, and it seems to me to be a very strange idea.

Anyone else find this?

N-Sane Brain

Re:One thing that annoys me on Kanye's album
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 04:35:06 AM »
^^ That was exactly what I thought when I listened to the outro where he's talkin' about his past, but sometimes there's a sample which makes it hard to understand what Kanye's talkin' >:(

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 03:07:48 PM »
I like vocal samples and they are good on this album but it starts to piss me off on here when I find it difficult to hear all the lyrics in a verse when some chick is singing over the MC's vocals.

The skits have to go, it just ruins it for me.  I gotta get a hold of the advance and make a nice 12 track CD (which is what he should have done).
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

vitodeluca

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 06:34:38 PM »
 This is a little off topic too, but it annoyed me how the album kind of had this "anti college" stance to it, like the skits made fun of people that went to college and got degrees and all that.  I mean, yeah, college ain't for everyone, but I think it sends a bad message to all those kids out there when you 've got this skit with this guy sounding like the typical "black person making fun of a white person's voice" talking about college, ya know?  I mean, not everyone can drop out and become a Kanye West or Stat Quo...

.:-ELITE-:.   M-Dogg.. Rodzilla.. SiNiStEr.. VitoDeLuca.. S.H.O.P..  .:-ELITE-:.Wins: Lost titan, bloody apronz, cee hoody, the answer, indecisive, primo, abstruse, ill natural, Adam X, Bez, Illicit aka Cee Ride, CSN, Jemuel, timelock, prophecy, assasin, Mack
Losses: Mack(x2), Red Alert,
Crew:Elite  
Battle Record: 17-3-0
April Awards:
Rookie of the month
Most Improved

MC of the Month
Battle MC of the Mont

Suga Foot

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 06:39:32 PM »
I like the whole "Anti College" thing.  From the second I got into high school, all I was told was that if I wanted a good job and a good paying job, I had to go to college.  I went to college, and dropped out because I realized that money makes money, not education.

vitodeluca

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2004, 07:48:07 PM »
i'm not saying college is the only way, but I think it's ignorant to make fun of people that do.  And education helps you make more money, 9 times outta 10

.:-ELITE-:.   M-Dogg.. Rodzilla.. SiNiStEr.. VitoDeLuca.. S.H.O.P..  .:-ELITE-:.Wins: Lost titan, bloody apronz, cee hoody, the answer, indecisive, primo, abstruse, ill natural, Adam X, Bez, Illicit aka Cee Ride, CSN, Jemuel, timelock, prophecy, assasin, Mack
Losses: Mack(x2), Red Alert,
Crew:Elite  
Battle Record: 17-3-0
April Awards:
Rookie of the month
Most Improved

MC of the Month
Battle MC of the Mont

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2004, 12:52:47 AM »
I went to college, and dropped out because I realized that money makes money, not education.

Smartest shit you've ever said...LoL