Author Topic: Classic Speech Of The Week  (Read 283 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re:Classic Speech Of The Week
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2004, 01:22:49 PM »
my 'responds' (response..) is this..

how i take it is that people dont understand that it aint about color, its about power.. wherever any race has power over another they wont let go.. its the way it is. its way way deeper than black/white/brown.. divisions of each would stick together given the chance..

hell yeah fight the powers that be doin bad.. but dont put it on everyone else who happens to be the same colour..

a few bad apples spoil the whole damn bunch? naww

they get militant they will get shut down.. hard.

very true. Which is why when Martin Luther King was going to have a poor peoples' march, I think that would be the most effective way of hitting the problem.

But it is easy to say from the outside looking in. As a Latino, I see a white majority and they are in charge, it's hard for me to realize that most poor people in the United States are white. From the inside of an opress racial group, first of they tent to have less education, so it is hard to see from a whole perspective, and instead groups tent to see from a very central outlook in their eyes. I personally think that what the Black Panthers (which you could tell Rap Brown was in at the time, after all he did mention Huey Newton's chair) and the Nation of Islam was just too extreme, and down right coming from ignorance. BUT, they were a people that had a small view of the world due to the situation Black America was at the time. Now we can look back and realize this, but at the time, it seemed right, for the sight of Black America was just to get to point B from point A, and how they got there, it really didn't matter. I know a few rooten people don't make all whites bad, but at that time, the view was not that, but how to overcome the ones that were bad. If that meant talking about all whites, then so be it. The 60's was the decade America changed, and lost it's innocents.

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2004, 03:52:01 PM »
very true. Which is why when Martin Luther King was going to have a poor peoples' march, I think that would be the most effective way of hitting the problem.

The reason for that is because Martin Luther King, unlike many of the civil rights leaders, wasn't racist.  He was a genius, totally understood the problem and was intelligent enough to know how to properly approach it.  Unfortunately, his message has been perverted by some since his death, and a lot of whites don't realize what he actually stood for.  

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2004, 09:44:14 PM »

The reason for that is because Martin Luther King, unlike many of the civil rights leaders, wasn't racist.  He was a genius, totally understood the problem and was intelligent enough to know how to properly approach it.  Unfortunately, his message has been perverted by some since his death, and a lot of whites don't realize what he actually stood for.  

OMG We Agree  :o

Now that doesn't happen everyday.

Martin Luther King was not racist, he was not a Reverse Racist, and he knew how to solve the problem because he was an educated man, he had a Doctorate Degree, and he was a Man of God. Too bad more people didn't follow him. He did start out with Black Civil Rights, and moved on from there, he was about Justice. Not just Black Justice, but Poor people justice, women's justice, other minorities justice. But at the end of his life, he was more to Poor People's justice, and his Poor People's March.