Author Topic: Nas - Double album coming this summer?  (Read 376 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re:Nas - Double album coming this summer?
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2004, 10:38:20 AM »
i wouldnt want NAs doing the majority of his album

Diabolical

« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2004, 01:20:03 PM »
What Songs Has Nas Produced Before?

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2004, 01:49:15 PM »
what?!!?!? i do n dont like the idea of a 10 track cd, for one, in todays world, its to small and wouldnt sell shit for nas......and lets face it, sales to do matter......secondly, i donno why people be ignorin large pro.......him n nas make some of the sickest shit gwarnin......i still wanna see some dark dre beats, like with the strings n shit with nas rappin.........but i aint sure dre knows how to make positive music

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2004, 01:50:23 PM »
plus nas sets standards real high, so we all expect good shitf rom him to......so a 4 mic album is minimum of expectations when nas drops joints

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2004, 02:20:25 PM »
The self produced album is a good idea when u think of songs like 'One Mic', but when u think of his track off 8 Mile, the idea isnt so crash hot.

Was there ever an actual tracklisting for the 2cd version of I Am? I remember all that bootlegging ruining it, but was there an official word on what was going on with that album?

Basically, any Nas release, Im copping. After dropping 2-3 albums this year, I think Columbia will drop a Greatest Hits next year, its just a matter of time

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2004, 09:11:20 PM »
Nas' production is amateur, so I wouldn't really like an album produced mostly by himself...PeCAe

Don Breezio

« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2004, 11:31:50 PM »
Nas' production is amateur, so I wouldn't really like an album produced mostly by himself...PeCAe

man you always talk about amateur production, like the shit has to be complex to be good? fuck that i could care less if shits complex. i want some good shit either way. and nas makes dope shit. one mic was one of my favorites.

Diabolical

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2004, 12:32:14 PM »
I think Columbia will drop a Greatest Hits next year, its just a matter of time

I Wont Be Buying It Cos The Only Nas Album I Dont Have Is Nastradamus

West C. Connected

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2004, 12:44:13 PM »

man you always talk about amateur production, like the shit has to be complex to be good? fuck that i could care less if shits complex. i want some good shit either way. and nas makes dope shit. one mic was one of my favorites.

lol One Mic was dope. It went from slow to fast and fitted the lyrics and shit perfect.

If not knowing what professionial production makes me enjoy a song more, I'd rather not know the difference between professional and amateur production.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2004, 12:59:00 PM »

yeah, u kinda trippin on how professional sumbody's production is. u feelin it or not, damn

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2004, 01:20:52 PM »
what?!!?!? i do n dont like the idea of a 10 track cd, for one, in todays world, its to small and wouldnt sell shit for nas......and lets face it, sales to do matter......

I can't see people not purchasing an album cause it only has ten tracks.  But I don't think it matters anyways, Nas goes platinium everytime (except for The Lost Tapes) and it seems like he's content with that.

Was there ever an actual tracklisting for the 2cd version of I Am? I remember all that bootlegging ruining it, but was there an official word on what was going on with that album?

I don't think that there was a tracklisting for the album ready but the concept of the album was that it was his life from birth to death (and afterlife).  I believe it was supposed to be called I Am...The Autobiography instead of just I Am....

You can place some of the pieces of the puzzle.  It would start of with "Fetus" (I want all my niggas to come journey with me, My name is Nas, and the year is 1973, Beginning of me, therefore I could see, Through my belly button window, who I am..) and end with "Undying Love" (Kissed my lady, her blood on my lips, I said "Amen"/ Put the nine to my head, pulled the hammer, held her close/ Squeeze the toast, said to her, "Now unto God, we elope") followed by "Amongst Kings" (Commited suicide/ I wish I could erase this shit).

The bootlegging of this album was a tragedy.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2004, 01:37:32 PM »
thanks Ras Kass T... that helped

Yeah bootleggins a bitch, but thats the world we live in. Kids these days will download instead of buy albums, or in other cases just pay for a bootleg, its quite annoying to fans that do buy, when good albums are ruined (Nas, Knocturnal)

As for the greatest hits...it would be a pain coz I have every Nas release, but realise they will add 2-3 new songs and a remix or 2, or dvd to interest fans. So it would be worth it in the end.

I Am and Nastradamas were the lowest points in his career, and the bootlegging is the reason behind it. But alteast we were blessed with the Lost Tapes to compensate.

Back to topic, Id much rather a single album... double albums shits me, we could have more Pac albums with only 10-12 good songs... instead of 4 posthumous double cds with 15-17 songs on each disc!