Author Topic: Why isnt there just one religon?  (Read 635 times)

infinite59

Re: Why isnt there just one religon?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2002, 10:17:38 PM »
Oh, Yeah... I mean, we know how well Pakistan and India get along, LOL.  And we see how well the Jews and the Muslims get along in the middle east (even though they both don't have anything to do with Christ).  

That wasn't the question.  The question was "why isn't there a universal religion."  Your saying, "Why don't we all live in peace" that's another topic all together.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2002, 10:19:04 PM »
Yea, but at least in the middle east one, it's clear it's a religious war.  So there you have 2 religions that have nothing to do with Christ killing each other left and right.  

infinite59

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2002, 10:38:28 PM »
Yea, but at least in the middle east one, it's clear it's a religious war.  So there you have 2 religions that have nothing to do with Christ killing each other left and right.  

Word I agree with you, but that's a different topic.

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2002, 10:43:13 PM »
I don't feel it is, because your point is that, Christians cause beef between religions, and are the reason that the religions can't get along.  But that is an example of 2 non-christian religions killing each other mercilessly, showing that even without Christians, diff. religions kill each other.

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2002, 10:44:32 PM »

Buddism, and Sikism and all those other religions don't have a figure quite like Jesus, human flesh depicted as God.  So therefore, I am saying that we would be very close to a universal religion, if Christians projected Jesus as a prophet, a man, rather than a God.  It's okay if you strongly disagree with me, it's just a theory of mine.

I thought Jesus said he was the son of God, not God himself?  Dont christians belive that he was a prophet?

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

infinite59

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2002, 10:48:40 PM »

I thought Jesus said he was the son of God, not God himself?  Dont christians belive that he was a prophet?

-{bLaDe}

WORD.  Exactly.  Isn't that confusing.  He says he's the Son of God, and then they go ahead and make him God.  But don't worry, I know the argument coming up from Christian theologists, that he's the embodiment of God.

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2002, 11:04:05 PM »
He was god's only son, just like he said.  What's so hard to believe about that?  Yall take things too deep.  Their is no trinity, nothing like that, Jesus is God's son, just like he said he was.  His only begotten son.  Why is that hard to believe, and what is the problem with that?  

BTW, dont' think for a second, that christians are the only ones who believe that!  Have you looked into any Japanese religions, you know, the House of the Rising Sun?  They all feel they're descendants of the Sun Goddess.  At the end of world war II, part of Japan's 'punishment' or whatever, was for the emperor (who lived into the 1980's) to publicly state that he was in fact not a god.  

Instant_Killa

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2002, 11:11:28 PM »
the anser to this quesition is this

the world is too vast a place, religion needs to be spread accordingly from place to place. but the basic idea of equality , oneness n peace should be same n promoted as a whole. It would just not be possible to follow a particular religion worldwide as it would destroy the traditional religions set by man. People worldwide would not be ready to accept such a state of religion.

Religions may have certain differences and similiarities, however the main idea or belief of 1 universal God should be acknowledged upon all of em.

Peace

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2002, 11:13:22 PM »
^^^ But it isn't, *Cough *Cough Hinduism *Cough *Cough ^^^

Instant_Killa

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2002, 11:15:04 PM »
^^^ But it isn't, *Cough *Cough Hinduism *Cough *Cough ^^^

what bout hinduism?

Trauma-san

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2002, 11:34:14 PM »
Don't they believe in multiple gods?

Instant_Killa

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2002, 11:53:39 PM »
about hinduism, its like ancient roman gods, idols...but

the thing is that these gods were related to each other...serving and forming 1 religion , which was hinduism....that means that they had a master(God), who controlled them for various purposes and hence co-exist. The basic idea was of 1 God imo. Thats how it always is. But, hinduism wasnt looked upon as having 1 universal God, instead several small Gods or prophets.....but i believe the idea must have been same, 1 God.... maybe ppl misunderstood it.

Like i said, religions have differences here n there due to their circumstances or situations, they have been set accordingly.....but there is 1 universal God, thats the basic approach

Peace

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2002, 12:02:56 AM »
about hinduism, its like ancient roman gods, idols...but

the thing is that these gods were related to each other...serving and forming 1 religion , which was hinduism....that means that they had a master(God), who controlled them for various purposes and hence co-exist. The basic idea was of 1 God imo. Thats how it always is. But, hinduism wasnt looked upon as having 1 universal God, instead several small Gods or prophets.....but i believe the idea must have been same, 1 God.... maybe ppl misunderstood it.

Like i said, religions have differences here n there due to their circumstances or situations, they have been set accordingly.....but there is 1 universal God, thats the basic approach

Peace

Yes, hindus pray to diffrent GOds like, Shiva, Visnu etc...which represent diffrent things...... The Hindu trinity is of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. They are respectively the creator, preserver and destroyer of the universe.

BUT, the Goddesses of Hinduism represent various functions of this One Supreme Divinity, and are not separate Gods.

So basicly, i think it all narrows down to "One God"

Im not too sure since I myself am not hindu....

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

ToNe1904

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2002, 01:41:05 AM »
Why isnt there just one look for people? Why isnt there one Race? Why isnt there one personality?

Because everyone thinks different is different...

yah thas true. cept race and lookz arent in our control. Religion is.

U can neva expect there to be ONE religion tho. Itz almost funny tha way people contradict themselves. I mean, supposedly we are seperated frum tha animals...partly because of our ability to rationalize thought, and see different points of view...EXCEPT in religion. And religion is one subject where there really is NO right or wrong. No facts to support. YET, followers of most religions...are COMPLETELY convinced that their religion is tha right one. As an outsider looking in (im not faithful to any specific religion), u get to see tha ideals of different religions thrown back and forth. And u realize how similar ALOT of shit is. With tha exception of a few small rules here and there...most of it is NOT that different. My belief is that religion began as a way to keep people in check. to control their behavior. Basically tha same premise as....when u tell little kids that if they dont behave, Santa wont bring them any toys for Christmas (assuming u celebrate Christmas). Only difference is, Religion works on adults also....the Santa thing doesnt, hopefully lol.

TheSheriff

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2002, 03:05:41 AM »
To Infinite:

From the Apocryphal of John: 'And God spake unto them,"I am the Father, I am the Mother, I am the Son."'

To Trauma:

Brigham Young, quoted in the Deseret News: "To believe in a divine being apart from God is to be spiritually, if not physically, blacklisted. Thus, to say Jesus is not God, or God is not Jesus, is to sin."