Author Topic: I hate Punk rock...  (Read 511 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
I hate Punk rock...
« on: March 01, 2004, 07:03:05 PM »
Yea, just some fag with Good charlete in their avatar, i fuckin hate them, and all other punk bands, (exept GC's lifestyles of rich and famous), punk rock is so gay, its a discrase to rock classics, they try to act all hard, but then Sing about breaking up with their girlfriend, going to a mostly white school, so many fuckin preps listen to this, its fuckin anoying, i like soft rock like coldplay and others, but when a band is dressed all hardcore, and sings about relationships, that shit pisses me off, and all the fans think they are all cool and hardcore, and sing along in their wimpy voices....

Don Breezio

Re:I hate Punk rock...
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 07:05:01 PM »
i love punk rock, i went to a mostly white school, im a prep, and i've had my heart broken a few times...gee...i wonder why i like punk rock?

either way i like it, and not all punk bands are like good charlotte dude...thats the more poppy punk...try some old green day or some old offspring or some underground shit like the matches. you'll hear a big difference.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 07:09:27 PM »
I don't hate punk but at the same time I don't like Good Charlotte Blink 182 bullshit, a lot of my friends try and get me into it with real bands like Rufio, Alakaline Trio, Thrice, and The Pervs.  Can't say I'm hardcore but I ca listen to it when I'm with them...not alone though ::)

-KIDRENEGADE-

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 07:21:03 PM »
its not the music that really bothers me, but they dress and act so tough, but then they sing in their lil wimpy voices about breaking uo with their girlfreind, i like green day and offspring...

Don Breezio

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2004, 07:22:29 PM »
its not the music that really bothers me, but they dress and act so tough, but then they sing in their lil wimpy voices about breaking uo with their girlfreind, i like green day and offspring...

i dont get why people care how an artist dresses and acts...seriously i only care about how the music sounds...not how the artist acts in real life. personally i like their lil wimpy voices...i think punk rock is probably the best form of rock out there. shit always puts me in a good mood.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2004, 07:22:39 PM »
i have hated Punk for years..All the dudes talk like they are gay..Luke gets props though for admittin' hes a prep and shit on a hip hop message board..Since everyone around here supposedly is from the ghetto.
I can't stand them EMO kids at all. If i could throw them in a hole and do some holocaust shit I would.

Don Breezio

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2004, 07:24:50 PM »
Luke gets props though for admittin' hes a prep and shit on a hip hop message board..Since everyone around here supposedly is from the ghetto.

lmfao thanks man lol

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2004, 07:30:52 PM »
i have hated Punk for years..All the dudes talk like they are gay..Luke gets props though for admittin' hes a prep and shit on a hip hop message board..Since everyone around here supposedly is from the ghetto.
I can't stand them EMO kids at all. If i could throw them in a hole and do some holocaust shit I would.

Haha everybody does act ghetto huh? haha never really noticed it myself, funny how how "real ghetto" people call me white-washed because I'm not Gangsta and most of my friends are philipino haha oh well, I guess I'ma black prep, not Carlton Banks tho... far from that lol!

-KIDRENEGADE-

JTSimon

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2004, 07:31:42 PM »
I like punk rock that makes it on the radio - Blink182/Linkin Park/Good Charlotte  etc...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2004, 07:32:07 PM by SUV(Check my Sig I'm Gay) »

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2004, 07:33:59 PM »
luke the funny thing is that im also a white prep, im the exact oposite of gangsta, expept the music i listen too..

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2004, 07:45:26 PM »
I probably don't like punk rock because I don't relate to it at all. I'm white but I never lived in a house or had my own room until i built myself a room in my 6 room mobile home. I have drugs and violence around me daily. I gotta lock all of my doors because I WILL get robbed if I forget.  I relized music is what you relate to thats why they say music styles are a lifestyle. You can tell the what music someone listens to by the way they act..Fake people come out when they act like they are gangstas and they come from a privilaged background

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2004, 07:53:42 PM »
You can tell the what music someone listens to by the way they act..Fake people come out when they act like they are gangstas and they come from a privilaged background
thats not 100% true, i live in a suburban neighberhood, mostly white, and a lot of people listen to rap, and a lot of those people arent "thugs", and are just rich white boys driving around in BMWs, but most of them listen to commercial shit, and are opsesed with 50 cent, eminem, and pac, i like them, but i like a lot of other rap,

davida.b.

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2004, 08:49:59 PM »
You guys are treating like punk like some of my friends treat rap: you guys hear a crappy pop/punk song on the radio/mtv, and you immeadiatlly judge that everyone in the punk genre sucks. And that is just straight up pathetic. Good Charlotte (I think they're ok) & Blink 182 (they fell off big time) are pop, Pennywise and the Distillers rule (they don't talk about people breaking up with them and all that other pussy stuff)!! And there are many more bands that rule and deserve to dress hardcore.

And on a further note, yes, I do live in a white suberb. And I am a white kid.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2004, 08:54:07 PM by davida.b. »

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2004, 09:14:32 PM »
You guys are treating like punk like some of my friends treat rap: you guys hear a crappy pop/punk song on the radio/mtv, and you immeadiatlly judge that everyone in the punk genre sucks. And that is just straight up pathetic. Good Charlotte (I think they're ok) & Blink 182 (they fell off big time) are pop, Pennywise and the Distillers rule (they don't talk about people breaking up with them and all that other pussy stuff)!! And there are many more bands that rule and deserve to dress hardcore.

WHAT?  I don't like Good Charlotte because I don't like their music, don't like Blink because I never liked their music it's not about hating Punk as a genre but there is always someone...like yourself... that rants about people writing off a whole genre because they don't like a popular band.  It's not that We are all saying Punk as a genre sucks, because some of those break up songs are pretty dope IMO but a lot of that popular shit that is being played on MTV I can't stand, not because I am a punk officianato(SP?) but because I hear it and personally am not feeling it.  Chillin' at my homies house a song may come one and I may like it, soemtimes it is some stuff from mainstream bands  sometimes it's not or it is a different version of the song ie. Dashboard Confessional's Hands Down(acoustic).

Ultimately it's about lyrics IMO.

-KIDRENEGADE-

davida.b.

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2004, 09:17:40 PM »

WHAT?  I don't like Good Charlotte because I don't like their music, don't like Blink because I never liked their music it's not about hating Punk as a genre but there is always someone...like yourself... that rants about people writing off a whole genre because they don't like a popular band.  It's not that We are all saying Punk as a genre sucks, because some of those break up songs are pretty dope IMO but a lot of that popular shit that is being played on MTV I can't stand, not because I am a punk officianato(SP?) but because I hear it and personally am not feeling it.  Chillin' at my homies house a song may come one and I may like it, soemtimes it is some stuff from mainstream bands  sometimes it's not or it is a different version of the song ie. Dashboard Confessional's Hands Down(acoustic).

Ultimately it's about lyrics IMO.

Oh, well in that case, never mind. :-[