Author Topic: I hate Punk rock...  (Read 512 times)

MANBEARPIG.

Re:I hate Punk rock...
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2004, 09:21:55 PM »
You guys are treating like punk like some of my friends treat rap: you guys hear a crappy pop/punk song on the radio/mtv, and you immeadiatlly judge that everyone in the punk genre sucks. And that is just straight up pathetic. Good Charlotte (I think they're ok) & Blink 182 (they fell off big time) are pop, Pennywise and the Distillers rule (they don't talk about people breaking up with them and all that other pussy stuff)!! And there are many more bands that rule and deserve to dress hardcore.

And on a further note, yes, I do live in a white suberb. And I am a white kid.

WHAT?  I don't like Good Charlotte because I don't like their music, don't like Blink because I never liked their music it's not about hating Punk as a genre but there is always someone...like yourself... that rants about people writing off a whole genre because they don't like a popular band.  It's not that We are all saying Punk as a genre sucks, because some of those break up songs are pretty dope IMO but a lot of that popular shit that is being played on MTV I can't stand, not because I am a punk officianato(SP?) but because I hear it and personally am not feeling it.  Chillin' at my homies house a song may come one and I may like it, soemtimes it is some stuff from mainstream bands  sometimes it's not or it is a different version of the song ie. Dashboard Confessional's Hands Down(acoustic).

Ultimately it's about lyrics IMO.

Oh, well in that case, never mind. :-[

it's o.k. you're a misled little monkey. 8)

haha jp :P

-KIDRENEGADE-

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2004, 09:43:42 PM »
people that dress "punk" are escaping the norm. Kinda like hip hop was for alot of young people back in the day.  Punk and Hip Hop have alot of similarities

ACGRUNDY

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2004, 10:07:47 PM »
Social Distortion is fucking awesome.  so is the offspring album Smash.

Don Breezio

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2004, 12:00:59 AM »
people that dress "punk" are escaping the norm. Kinda like hip hop was for alot of young people back in the day.  Punk and Hip Hop have alot of similarities

LMFAO @ escaping the norm...thats such bullshit...since when is that not the norm? considering in my highschool we had 3000 students and probably 2000 of them dressed punk...its the preps really who are escaping the norm..and thats not why we do it...we do it because we like the way we look.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2004, 01:39:19 PM »

LMFAO @ escaping the norm...thats such bullshit...since when is that not the norm? considering in my highschool we had 3000 students and probably 2000 of them dressed punk...its the preps really who are escaping the norm..and thats not why we do it...we do it because we like the way we look.
sure go ahead laugh at escaping the norm. I was referring to the real punk heads...they are escaping the norm most of them are just tagging along tryna be cool and this and that.

Look at the history of Punk and look at the history of Hip Hop.

Don Breezio

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2004, 01:51:19 PM »

sure go ahead laugh at escaping the norm. I was referring to the real punk heads...they are escaping the norm most of them are just tagging along tryna be cool and this and that.

people started dressing punk years ago...like in the 80's...its not some new shit where people are as you say "escaping the norm"...its the exact same thing with hip hop...do you really think back in the late 70's/early 80's they were wearing jeans that were 8 sizes too big, jerseys, and backwards baseball caps...no.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2004, 02:14:23 PM »

people started dressing punk years ago...like in the 80's...its not some new shit where people are as you say "escaping the norm"...its the exact same thing with hip hop...do you really think back in the late 70's/early 80's they were wearing jeans that were 8 sizes too big, jerseys, and backwards baseball caps...no.
it started around the 70s ....and its still escaping the norm because most of them are fucken tagging along

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2004, 02:16:35 PM »
plus punk is different than emo

Don Breezio

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2004, 02:18:21 PM »

it started around the 70s ....and its still escaping the norm because most of them are fucken tagging along

i dont think you understand this...if there are lets say....40 billion teenagers in the world...and 25 billion of them dress punk...its impossible for them to escape the norm  ::)

i think most of them dress that way because they know their parents hate it or they just like the style.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2004, 02:23:18 PM »
most of the bands that have been mentioned in this thread is Emo not Punk. so Punk is still the minority.

Don Breezio

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2004, 02:25:06 PM »
most of the bands that have been mentioned in this thread is Emo not Punk. so Punk is still the minority.

to you they are emo...to all the people who are watching them on MTV they are punk. to me (who doesnt believe in seperating the same damn genre) they are punk. in fact i bet to most people they would say they are punk. maybe not on this forum but then again there are only maybe 5 people on this forum who like punk.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2004, 02:32:29 PM »

to you they are emo...to all the people who are watching them on MTV they are punk. to me (who doesnt believe in seperating the same damn genre) they are punk. in fact i bet to most people they would say they are punk. maybe not on this forum but then again there are only maybe 5 people on this forum who like punk.

ok. ok how bout the punkers that like punk music thats not on MTV and that is not emo...can you say they are escaping the norm?!

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2004, 02:38:14 PM »
whats that eminem line go like in one of his joints?......something like "no ones punk, dont giv a fuck, white pop, so much spunk" or  sumshit like that........but yeah, all that punk stuff is bullshit

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2004, 02:52:16 PM »
but yeah, all that punk stuff is bullshit

No its not all the punk stuff is bullshit

black flag, circle jerks, the ramones etc etc and then u got the underground bands that are equivilent to what some underground rappers are to Nelly

Don Breezio

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2004, 03:17:52 PM »

ok. ok how bout the punkers that like punk music thats not on MTV and that is not emo...can you say they are escaping the norm?!

i wouldnt say so because not all of them are like that...i like that stuff and im preppy as hell. imo the only way to officially escape the norm is to learn from mauzip and crossdress