Author Topic: I hate Punk rock...  (Read 510 times)

Buhda

• Lil Geezy
Re:I hate Punk rock...
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2004, 06:41:04 PM »
www.epitaph.com

You idiot's talking shit about punk don't know shit so shut your fucking mouth and go listen to some real punk and meet some real punks and then talk but until you do you talking shit like those who judge Hip Hop from the current MTV version of it. And that group Atmosphere is on the above lable, One of the best Independent Punk lables which is what Punk is about, being independent and putting your beliefs before profit.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2004, 06:56:47 PM »
www.epitaph.com

You idiot's talking shit about punk don't know shit so shut your fucking mouth and go listen to some real punk and meet some real punks and then talk but until you do you talking shit like those who judge Hip Hop from the current MTV version of it. And that group Atmosphere is on the above lable, One of the best Independent Punk lables which is what Punk is about, being independent and putting your beliefs before profit.

Who are you talking to specifically? ??? ::)

-KIDRENEGADE-

Don Breezio

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2004, 06:57:03 PM »
whoa buddy! dont get your g-string in a tizzey  :-* most of this board knows epitaph is a dope label

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2004, 07:08:18 PM »
My stand on the people trying to escape the norm bit is that dressing "punk" was how people were trying to buck the trend, go with something a little different. The problem has now become that everyone is trying to be different and actually all end up looking the same, because everyone had the same idea of how to escape the norm.

And Epitaph are a dope label, I think that Offspring album with "Self Esteem" on it still holds the record for the highest chart position for a independent album. I used to be real into new punk back when I was like 13-14, but it wore off pretty quick to be honest, still don't mind listening to it around other people though, I just wouldn't buy any of it anymore.

Buhda

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2004, 07:22:13 PM »
I'm talking to anyone who want's to judge Punk on a bunch of  Kid's who are following the trends they are given by MTV and the Bunch of Sell Out band's like Good Charlotte and The Offspring and Blink 182 and all these other Pop punk bands that are less represntive of Punk than Nelly is of Hip Hop. Punk has no resemblance to what is being called "Punk" by a bunch of missinformed people that get their ideas and style from a fucking TV or Radio or Magazine. Being punk is about the way you do things and stick to what you believe in and not changing to fit in, Sort of like N.W.A were back in the day or how MC Ren has stayed all along.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2004, 07:23:33 PM »
My stand on the people trying to escape the norm bit is that dressing "punk" was how people were trying to buck the trend, go with something a little different. The problem has now become that everyone is trying to be different and actually all end up looking the same, because everyone had the same idea of how to escape the norm.

i.e. Goth >:(

-KIDRENEGADE-

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2004, 07:26:50 PM »
Sell Out band's like Good Charlotte and The Offspring and Blink 182 and all these other Pop punk bands that are less represntive of Punk than Nelly is of Hip Hop.

now wait a second here...

me and you both know Nelly is the lowest common denominator for all music...He's a pop star that cusses...kinda like Eamon ;D

-KIDRENEGADE-

Buhda

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2004, 07:31:09 PM »
Nelly sucks and so do Good Charlotte and all those bullshit pop bands.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2004, 07:55:20 PM »
exactly, there are very little true INDIVIDUALS in this time