Author Topic: Whats the diffrence between Jews and Christians?  (Read 389 times)

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
Whats the diffrence between Jews and Christians?
« on: April 10, 2002, 01:53:03 PM »
yo, i dont have much knowledge in this topic, i still get confused @ parts......Chatolics/Jews/Christians......like what do they belive in?
can sumone shed sum light on this subject?

-{bLaDe}
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: Whats the diffrence between Jews and Christian
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2002, 02:31:23 PM »
the difference between jews and christians are, that christians believe tat jesus was the savior that was prmoised in the old testiment and jews are still waiting for the savior to come. also jews only have the old testiment in their bible, but christians have the old and new testiment in their bible

christians and catholics are the same thing, it's just cathololism is just a denomination that is alot stricter, plus they believe in alot of stuff that's not in the bible (like pergatory and stuff)

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2002, 06:15:36 PM »
Very true.  

The catholic church, is basically the church that rose out of Jesus Christ's ministry on the earth.  It's been changed, several, several times, but Devout Catholics usually acknowledge this, and feel that most of the changes were necessary, as times changed.  Nobody really doubts though that the church was corrupted over the centuries, by well-meaning (and not so well meaning) Kings, Popes, etc. etc. etc.  Catholic church has killed a loooooooot of people.  Today, though, they stand as pretty cool, lol.  At least in my opinion, they are pretty fair people, they mean well, even if I don't agree with most of their stuff.

The protestant church branched off from the catholic church a few centuries ago, I guess around the time that America was formed.  It includes all the other denominations, baptist, presbyterian, penticostal, all those.  

Mormon church is one that was 'restored' (they say :) ) in 1820 by a modern day prophet, who claims to have received visions of god and Jesus, spoke with them, and even translated an ancient collection of writings of american prophets, including a visit shortly after his resurection from jesus christ.  

Peace~

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2002, 08:29:16 PM »
Big Jake and Trauma are on point.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

TheSheriff

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2002, 02:47:54 AM »
The Protestant church was founded in the 1500s by Henry VIII.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2002, 04:49:14 AM »
1600s actually

Protestantism and every religion derived from it is complete bullshit

Henry VIII wanted to divorce his first wife Catherine of Aragon, the Catholic Church wouldn't let him so he created his own Protestant religion and forced everyone in Britain to follow it.  So basically Protestantism is part of a corrupt Kings imagination.

MidnightPills

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2002, 06:19:18 AM »
the difference between jews and christians are, that christians believe tat jesus was the savior that was prmoised in the old testiment and jews are still waiting for the savior to come. also jews only have the old testiment in their bible, but christians have the old and new testiment in their bible

christians and catholics are the same thing, it's just cathololism is just a denomination that is alot stricter, plus they believe in alot of stuff that's not in the bible (like pergatory and stuff)

you forgot that christians are protesting the Catholic church do to the crupption during the days of Martin Luther.... They are also protesting against the traditions.. of the catholic church.... Not all Catholics churches teach about Pergatory either... I personally don't believe in pergatory... and there are alot of Catholics how don't as well... Although.. there are some catholics that do... like my father for example... he does... it was taught to him well.. making his sacraments... I am not sure about M dogg believing that there is such a place.... but i was told that there wasn't in my church classes.. but that was just the teacher.. as for the priest talking about it... i never heard that word come out of his mouth... so... not all catholics do...!! thats just what i have observed :D

MidnightPills

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2002, 06:21:27 AM »
Very true.  

The catholic church, is basically the church that rose out of Jesus Christ's ministry on the earth.  It's been changed, several, several times, but Devout Catholics usually acknowledge this, and feel that most of the changes were necessary, as times changed.  Nobody really doubts though that the church was corrupted over the centuries, by well-meaning (and not so well meaning) Kings, Popes, etc. etc. etc.  Catholic church has killed a loooooooot of people.  Today, though, they stand as pretty cool, lol.  At least in my opinion, they are pretty fair people, they mean well, even if I don't agree with most of their stuff.

The protestant church branched off from the catholic church a few centuries ago, I guess around the time that America was formed.  It includes all the other denominations, baptist, presbyterian, penticostal, all those.  

yep yep!!

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2002, 08:06:14 AM »
im catholic,  they aint cool people.  First off,  if we marry outside,  tha religion,  tha catholic church does not recognize it.  2ndly why should my i tell a priest my sins,  why cant i prey directly.  3rd off,  greedy,  very greedy,  atleast tha church i used to go 2.  They sent my dad a letter sayin he wasnt giving enough money to them,  even though all 3 of his kids went to religious instructions.  I was wondering what r tha differences between catholics an luthren's (sp),  my dad is a luthren,  its basically tha same wit a few things differently like they dont believe jesus was killed on tha cross an they dont believe in tellin a priest there sins they can pray to god an be forgiven.  What are some other differences.

TheSheriff

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2002, 08:49:47 AM »
Jay, you straight wrong.

Elizabeth I died in 1601; she was Henry VIII's daughter. Henry was dead by 1558, I think it was.

Thus, what you're saying is LITERALLY impossible.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2002, 10:41:33 AM »
Jay, you straight wrong.

Elizabeth I died in 1601; she was Henry VIII's daughter. Henry was dead by 1558, I think it was.

Thus, what you're saying is LITERALLY impossible.

Yep I apologize my dates were wrong

But what I am saying is not impossible it's the truth (about Henry creating Protestantism)

TheSheriff

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2002, 10:46:22 AM »
I agree on that point.