Author Topic: Confederate Flag  (Read 371 times)

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
Confederate Flag
« on: March 02, 2004, 05:28:03 PM »
It annoys the fuck out of me when Lil' Jon and shit use the confederate flag in their videos, cuz the confederate flag is one of the symbols of slavery. Is this some kind of throwback thing? that's really fucked up, and the strange thing is, nobody is sayin' anything about it. Next thing u know motherfuckers gonna have cotton gins in their videos
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Confederate Flag
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 06:18:27 PM »
Oh yeah Mayor can I get a little backup
Please don't let those dixie motherfuckers put that flag up
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

JTSimon

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 07:07:18 PM »
It annoys the fuck out of me when Lil' Jon and shit use the confederate flag in their videos, cuz the confederate flag is one of the symbols of slavery. Is this some kind of throwback thing? that's really fucked up, and the strange thing is, nobody is sayin' anything about it. Next thing u know motherfuckers gonna have cotton gins in their videos

Maybe they trying to redefine the meaning of the flag: New South?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 07:09:57 PM »
yea i was thinking the EXACT same thing, especialy wen i saw it in that guys avatar

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2004, 07:24:28 PM »

No, what's fucked up is that you don't understand shit about the south.  The confederate flag isn't a symbol of slavery, you just percieve it as that.  Apparently, Lil Jon doesn't... guess why? He's from the south, so he knows about that shit.  

Don Breezio

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2004, 07:26:49 PM »
yeah i was thinking the same thing trauma said...i dont know what it symbolizes for sure but ive never heard that it symbolizes slavery

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2004, 07:28:30 PM »
^ Oh, I've heard it, all the time, by ignorant motherfuckers who don't know shit about it.  Just because you hear it, doesn't make it true, though.  

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2004, 07:39:52 PM »
^FITTING, comin from two racist ass cracka muthafukkas! defendin' the slave flag an shit^

Just playing :P, you are both right, Ignorant peeps such as SnoopGogg and Mick who gave trauma shit about the flag not too long ago don't understand that from 1956 to 2001 it was Georgia's state flag, all rappers from Georgia grew up under this flag.  they are obviously not promoting slavery it is being used as a symbol of empowerment for some, but people who are still uneducated and butt-hurt about the world around them still see it as a symbol for slavery. Sad.

-KIDRENEGADE-

JTSimon

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2004, 07:43:11 PM »
Confederate flag IMO is not a symbol of slavery but the Confederacy was fighting to save slavery in the south...so people associate slavery to the Confederate flag.

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2004, 07:43:59 PM »
It's about Heritage.  They come from the south, and they fly the confederate flag, which is a symbol of the strength of the south.  It's more of a rebel thing.  When slaves were brought over here from Africa, there were American flags flying from the ships, not Confederate battle flags.  The civil war was fought over a miriad of reasons, all of them centered around the power of states versus the power of the Union.  Slavery was one of the issues, but not the reason the entire south decided to secede from the union.  The flag represents the south as a whole, and the unique and strong spirit of the south, not that we want to keep slaves.  Anybody that thinks that is a fucking idiot.  

After the civil war, the south was destitute.  It was like hell, everyone was poor, nobody had any money, even the people that did lost it all because most of them made it on the backs of slaves.  Most of the slaves had nowhere to go, and now had no support or places to stay.  They faced racism until today, when they still face racism in many places... the people that weren't slaves were just as poor, and the whites had it as bad as the slaves because now they all had to compete for the same few jobs, the same sharecropping opportunities, etc. etc.  The south wasn't industrialized.  All they had to go on was the human spirit to strive and be successful and strong, and the beauty of the land.  The south is an amazingly beautiful place, unique to the world, and when a southerner flies a Confederate Flag, he's embracing and remembering all of the evil, all of the beauty, and all of the spirit that have made the south what it is today.  

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2004, 07:50:29 PM »
First Official Confederate Flag:

The pattern and colors of this flag did not distinguish it sharply fom the Stars and Stripes of the Union. Consequently, considerable confusion was caused on the battlefield.

The seven stars represent the original Confederate States;

South Carolina (December 20, 1860)

Mississippi(January 9, 1861)

Florida (January 10,1861)

Alabama (January 11, 1861)

Georgia (January 19, 1861)

Louisiana (January 26, 1861)

and Texas (February 1, 1861)

Second Confederate Flag:

On May 1st,1863, a second design was adopted, placing the Battle Flag (also known as the "Southern Cross") as the canton on a white field. This flag was easily mistaken for a white flag of surrender especially when the air was calm and the flag hung limply
Efforts to secede failed in Kentucky and Missouri though those states were represented by two of the stars. *(see note below)
The flag now had 13 stars having been joined officially by four more states,
Virginia (April 17, 1861),
Arkansas (May 6, 1861),
Tennessee (May 7, 1861),
North Carolina (May 21, 1861).

Third Confederate Flag:

The third Official Flag of the Confederacy. On March 4th,1865, a short time before the collapse of the Confederacy, a third pattern was adapted; a broad bar of red was placed on the fly end of the white field.
Confederate Battle Flag:

The best-known Confederate flag was the Battle Flag, the familiar "Southern Cross". It was carried by Confederate troops in the field which were the vast majority of forces under the confederacy.
The Stars represented the 11 states actually in the Confederacy plus Kentucky and Missouri.

Georgia's Former State Flag

Georgia's Current state Flag

-KIDRENEGADE-

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2004, 07:52:13 PM »
Ignorant or not it IS a symbol of slavery and struggle to a lot of people.

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2004, 08:00:28 PM »
^ Comments like that just make me FURTHER want to fly a confederate flag.  Fuck people's misperceptions.  Just because they misunderstand it doesn't mean I'm going to change my style, and since as I said the flag usually represents a rebellious nature, most people that fly the flag feel the same way.  "Oh, you think it represents slavery? Well, it doesn't, and I'm going to fly it, and dare you to accuse me of that shit".  That's the attitude.  

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2004, 08:08:05 PM »
cool good for you. so it doesnt rep slavery to you but it does to a lot of people. Where im from it represents ignorance. All the people i see with that have that flag and stickers on their car  are biggit white trash that ARE racist. One of my best friends is black and has been jumped by 6 of the people i am tlaking about  and they have placed ropes on his car.  So say what you want but that flag to me represents whitetrash in my case.

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2004, 08:12:19 PM »
^ Cool.  You say the flag represents white trash to you, but then at the same time denegrate those people for being racist.  I think any fool could see you're a hypocrit.  

HOLLA!~