Author Topic: Our generation sucks  (Read 372 times)

pappy

Our generation sucks
« on: March 03, 2004, 11:12:35 AM »
most of the people on this board are part of generation Y i think its called.  maybe some of you like seer, trauma, badass,  toungetwister are part of gen X.  But for the most part our generation fuckin sucks.  everything,  from the trends we follow.  to the music we like it all fuckin sucks.  what this generation does in its spare time.... wtf why cant we chill on a stoop for why do we gotta go to fuckin starbucks or a mall or drop xtc an go to a fuckin club.  what happened to chilling with  your crew on at the corner candy store.  its nearly impossible to find a nice girl anymore.  one thing i'll give this generation is book smart wise where light years ahead of any other generation.  but common sense wise an street smart this generation is a fuckin joke.  i dunno maybe its jus a suburb thing.  maybe i jus notice it cuz im a city kid in the burbs i dunno.  but i jus hate being part of this generation.  

infinite59

Re:Our generation sucks
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 02:28:48 PM »
Interesting post.  I feel the same way about our generation as a whole.  At some point our generation lost it's soul.  Or maybe it never had it to begin with, I don't know.  But I remember being younger and looking at the older generation.  They were really mature.  Most of them had some kind of moral system and control over their lives.  

I used to be affected by all this but not anymore.  I have my own community.  The Islamic nation.  We still have all of our values.  No society can decay our moral and social system.  We have a gaurantee from Allah in the Qu'ran that our way of life will be perserved cause this is the last of revealed messages to mankind.  Even here in America we feel like we can practice an Islamic way of life the way the prophet and his companions did.  We don't go to malls or starbucks or whatever you were complaining about.  We hang out at the mosque.  There's Muslims there at 5 points of each day for congregational prayer, reading Qu'ran or Hadith, and just biulding with eachother.  We have resteraunts and commnity centers to spend our time at.  Our women are the best women in the world.  They love and respect the men.  They are our major support system and backbone.  Our women make great wives and mothers.  We love our women.  Inside our family and home lives we find great joy in our marriages and in raising our families.  Children and wives are a great blessing from Allah.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2004, 02:30:07 PM by Ibrahim Islam »

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 03:50:03 PM »
Think about what you are syaing, we lost our soul because we go to Starbucks and hang at the mall?  I think you (Gotti) don't want to accept the fact that maybe poppin' pills and drinking $5 coffee drinks is our generation, I don't feel that we are living a lackluster life but I do feel that people who say our generation is a waste that is part of our generation is comparing ours to the previous.

Ibrahim.....You and Linclon can never post on topic, you both start with something along the topic but always trail into a pro islam Argument... ::)

-KIDRENEGADE-

Doggystylin

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2004, 04:10:50 PM »
i understand what your saying but i lost all concerns with this type a of shit a long time ago, i mean yeah true our generation does suck, but hey what are we gonna do about it just sit around all day and be pissed about how shit sucks?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2004, 05:27:37 PM »
I don't even know what generation I'm part of, since people born in 1980 are list in some to be Generation X, and others Generation Y, Y2K or whatever it's called now. Personally I feel more about of X, because I was really into the whole Grudge (yes I know but it was cool) and Gangsta Rap, and wasn't into the clubs much, and basically I like to chill more than going to Starrbucks. But whatever, honestly, we ain't had a good generation in a while. Gen X were the kids of the Baby Boomers, which my mom was but my dad was the next gen. They were alright, but not since the 70's teenagers have we had a get young generation. Since the 80's, we've had Yuppies, Gen X which was a really spoiled and depressed generation, and now Y2k, which is a really self absorbed generation. We have nothing to make our generation great, though California true Gen Xer's are tight as hell, especially the ones that remember the L.A. Riots, as that had a huge effect on Southern California, and Gen Xer's there are more intuned than Gen Xer's in Minnesota, and the Y2K Generation in either place I've been. Who knows, a generation needs that event to make them, and we haven't. I still remember the riots though, even though I was in San Bernardino, the message was felt through out Cali, and I think the rest of the nation ignored it.

JTSimon

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2004, 05:29:39 PM »
Delete this thread  :P

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2004, 06:59:48 PM »
Yup...Our generation sucks...But drugs were actually a big part of the 60's and 70's as well, so don't act like it's a new thing...LoL

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2004, 07:28:51 PM »
^It was.....but in our generation, kids start drugs at a younger age, for example: do u kno anyone around yur age that won't smoke weed if offered? to tell U tha truth, I dunno anyone off the top of my head.....in 60s and 70s, partying was HUGE rite? but think about 2day, ofcourse everybody partys, but in tha past couple of years, I been seeing younger and younger people at these house parties, I'm seeing more and more lil freshman chicks everywhere, hearin bout em fuckin everybody.....blows my mind.....in out generation, we are maturing faster than any other generation, dat explains why we are ahead in book smartness.....but common sense wise like tom said, we are down TREMENDOUSLY, I remember when I was younger, if my cousins was gone fuck up somebody for doing them wrong, they would research and see who dood is affiliated with, but nowadays, there is absolutely no common sense, everything is done on site, there's no rational thinking involved, who knows, maybe this dood we fuckin up has an army behind him, we might spark a war here....but no, that doesn't matter, we 'street', muthafucaz might be street, but the street smarts is fading away, all kinda codes are being broken nowadays, there is no principles, I'm ol skool, I keep it as mafia as possible with everything I do, but our generation is fuckin shit up majorly.....what happened to homies chillin at the candy store? I dunno, muthafucaz still kick it on the block, but there is absolutely NO TRUST between anyone what so ever, not even if dood is family.....that's another big issue in our generation, there is no trust, kno why? because everyone backstabs everyone, there is little/no principles left in our generation, too many father less families, no codes of life is being taught.....even families with a father are struggling because of these times that we goin through, cmon, the bottom 90% of the nation has 26% of the wealth.....damm near everyone is poor, no one has time to pay attention to their kids, heart attack rates are up, homelessness has hit the roof.....mann, yall need to come to san francisco and see how many home less muthafucaz roam these streets, they take up like 10% of the city's grounds sleepin on the streets every night.....I could go on for ever man, but bottom line is, it isn't our generation's fault that we are fucked up like this, it's just the way it is.....we were put in these times.....wasn't no one's choice.....we can talk about it like this, but what we gone do? I'm press this 'post' button in a second and boom, I'm bac in the jungle.....survival of the fittest......let's go!

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2004, 08:04:33 PM »
^^ This generation isn't maturing faster than other generations.  They just think they are.  That's the problem.  

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2004, 08:11:00 PM »
Ibrahim.....You and Linclon can never post on topic, you both start with something along the topic but always trail into a pro islam Argument... ::)

I can't speak for Ibrahim but I speak of Islam often because I relate it to my life, which I feel came to a complete circle after the acceptance of Allah and the teachings of the Prophets (Peace be unto all of them).

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2004, 08:25:03 PM »

I can't speak for Ibrahim but I speak of Islam often because I relate it to my life, which I feel came to a complete circle after the acceptance of Allah and the teachings of the Prophets (Peace be unto all of them).

You're doing it again!

-KIDRENEGADE-

pappy

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2004, 09:13:53 PM »
rod an  trauma on  point.  but rod was on to something with the loyalty thing.  no1 is loyal anymore. almost every person in this generation is looking to backstab some1 even if u dont get no gain from it.  its like they get off from it.  an truama was 2.  this goes back to like 7th grade kids acting like they were adults.  how the fuck can you be an adult when u have lived a nice comfy life.  maybe i feel this way cuz i never fit in with my generation cuz i was always around older people like my dad an his friends.  so i associate with past generation better.  an plus the fact i grew up in a different world where some old school trends were still around an than throw into a completly different world.  i dunno this generation jus seems so bland an generic.  its a very dangerous generation b/c every1 is looking to stab each other in the back.  there aint no common sense.  fuckin 13 year old kids smokin dope an already fucklin think there adults already.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2004, 09:17:56 PM »
and don't forget some of those 13 YO ar eparents now!  it is pretty sad.

-KIDRENEGADE-

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2004, 09:40:11 PM »
^^ This generation isn't maturing faster than other generations.  They just think they are.  That's the problem.  

yup.....dats another way 2 look @ it.....makes sense.

And yea, loyalty means nothing anymore.....Tom, I grew up ol skool like U mane, always hangin around older heads.....Loyalty is EVERYTHING to me, but I been backstabbed so many times, I have no intention of trusting anyone.....but I stay loyal, so what that make me? a bitch that lets muthafucaz walk over him? I dunno.....I stay confused at all times, at least I can admit I'm confused tho, because another reason why our generation is fucked is because everyone is confused but act like they kno it all.....my grandpa use to tell me the greatest way to gain knowledge is to act like a 3 year old everytime U wanna know about something.....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

pappy

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2004, 09:41:14 PM »
and don't forget some of those 13 YO ar eparents now!  it is pretty sad.

yo word i was jus thinking that.  its fuckin sad you got pre teen mothers out there now.