Author Topic: WCC Weekly Muslim Brotherhood Newletter- Volume 3  (Read 408 times)

infinite59

WCC Weekly Muslim Brotherhood Newletter- Volume 3
« on: April 09, 2002, 12:40:45 AM »
-Assulamulakum brothers. Bismillah al-Rahman al Raheem! Highest Possible Honors Due To The Prophets!

-Salutations and Blessings to our brothers Prince Techniec, Infinite, Illicit, I BO, 7TH, Doggystylin, Jamal, Roccy, NimaDPG, PakiGangsta, BL7, Cant C Me, Waswipp, and H20Proof.  

Announcements

Let us connect with the spiritual love, knowledge and wisdom of Islam.  The word Islam means to submit.  Let's talk about that for a moment.  That means that all of our thoughts and focus is on Allah, and that he is with us throughout the day.  This is the reason we pray five times a day, to reconnect with our Creator.  The beautiful reflection of Allah is seen within the framework of his creation.  The sun and the moon are in equal portion to one another.  The sun's distance from man is 93,000 miles, keeping us away from the fire, but at the same time providing eternal warmth.  The Ocean provides us with the water that is wisdom, so in it we may clean and purify our souls, that have become polluted by the illusion of life.  Alot of what you see is what our right hand poseseth, the makings of man, mere mortals, we must strive for the excellence of Allah, and "raise" ourselves high above the corruption of man.  We will stand out like a ray of light shining through a cloudy sky.  Leading non-Muslims by example.  

5 Pillars of Islam.

-Shahada-  Proffesing the Belief in One God.  In front of two Muslim witnesses.

-Steadfast Prayer-  Pray atleast five times a day, so that we are truly submitting to the will of Allah, and re-focusing with Him, and re-connecting with Him, throughout our day.

-Ramaddan- Fasting.  It is through fasting that we feel that emptiness, and in this state of emptiness, we allow ourselves to break free of the illusion that is life, and fill it back up with the love and wisdom of Allah, and purify our souls.

-Charity- Atleast 2% of our salary.  All of the wealth in the land is that of Allah's, it is not for us to control the Earths resources, but to share with our fellow man.

-The Hajj-Trip to Mecca-  The Holy sight of Islam.  Take this trip once in your lifetime, so you can walk amongst the same land that Muhammad and his men walked at, pray where they prayed, and find Oneness with Allah.

The Holy Qu'ran Says

Oh ye of Faith!
Say not (to the prophet)
Words of ambiguous import
But words of respect
And hearken (to him)
To those without Faith
Is a grevious punishment

-The general lesson is that we must guard ourselves against the cynical trick of using words which sound complimentary to the ear but have a hidden barb in them.
Thoughtless people use vain words or put forth foolish questions, and straight away turn their minds to something else.

Islam in Hip-Hop

Liner notes of our brother Mos Def's "Black on Both Sides"
(Mos Def thank you's) "All thanks and praises are due to Allah, the lord of the worlds, the master of judgement, the architect of creation, the ruler of mankind.  The eternal, the irresistable, who is without peer or opponent.  There is no-one who resembles him and he is capable of what he will.  The most righteous of us cannot add an iota to his kingdom and most wicked of us cannot take anything from it.  We have no escape from you but to seek refuge in you."

Let's all rejoice, and unite under the Oneness of God.  Salaam- ~1~

« Last Edit: February 08, 2004, 11:36:07 PM by Ibrahim Islam »

'Illicit'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i rarely smoke... but i love mickey d's
Re: WCC Weekly Muslim Brotherhood Newletter- Volum
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2002, 01:28:53 AM »
Yo dawg, outstanding man. I read the other volumes just yesterday cuz I never noticed them and this is awesome, especially for me. This is one good idea.   Good work. Keep that up!

Let me share with you my first impression when I had first began reading the Qu'ran.

After reading the preface and getting to know the Author and his unimaginable amount of knowledge he possesses, I read the first Sura, by the time I started the second there I read :

This is the Book;
In it is guidance sure, without doubt,
To those who fear God

Who believe in the Unseen,
Are steadfast in prayer,
And spend out of what We
Have provided for them;

And who believe in the Revelation
Sent to thee,
And sent before thy time,
And (in their hearts)
Have the assureance of the Hereafter.

It's nothing deep and I'm not trying to get to any important point nor am I yet capable of sounding the way infinite can, but for me these verses alone made me realize, better yet, showed me that this is right for me to choose. I'm not praising this religion and saying every other religion is bad, no, I'm merely talking about and for myself. First I hesitated to completely sacrifice myself to Allah, but now I know I want to, and will. Because, if I follow the rules mentioned above, if I believe, in my heart I can have the assurance of the hereafter, and I know I'm being loved by God.  

I had to get this off my chest, like I said, its not a point or anything, merely a thought.

Salaam.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
I once walked into a brothel with a honeycomb and a jackass...

"Perhaps the most valuable result of all education is the ability to make yourself do the thing you have to do, when it ought to be done, whether you like it or not."

WCC Hall Of Famer

CantCme213

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2002, 06:52:03 AM »
and again we learnd sumthin thanks
INFINITE

CantCme213

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2002, 06:53:30 AM »
And again we learnd somthin
Thanks INFINITE

by the way I knew most of it ;)

Doggystylin

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2002, 02:11:52 PM »
yo tight newsletter homie, keep this up, and ceeride, thats tight homie, its nice to have another muslim homie, and im happy for ya that you found your way. one love, got love for all religions, christians jews sikhs muslims and any other religion, its a shame whats goin on in the world right now, we should all be able to get along, israelis and palestinians lived peacfully before,hopefully they can live peacefully again, everyone should pray for peace over there in the middle east, peace

infinite59

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2002, 12:07:08 AM »
Yo dawg, outstanding man. I read the other volumes just yesterday cuz I never noticed them and this is awesome, especially for me. This is one good idea.   Good work. Keep that up!

Let me share with you my first impression when I had first began reading the Qu'ran.

After reading the preface and getting to know the Author and his unimaginable amount of knowledge he possesses, I read the first Sura, by the time I started the second there I read :

This is the Book;
In it is guidance sure, without doubt,
To those who fear God

Who believe in the Unseen,
Are steadfast in prayer,
And spend out of what We
Have provided for them;

And who believe in the Revelation
Sent to thee,
And sent before thy time,
And (in their hearts)
Have the assureance of the Hereafter.

It's nothing deep and I'm not trying to get to any important point nor am I yet capable of sounding the way infinite can, but for me these verses alone made me realize, better yet, showed me that this is right for me to choose. I'm not praising this religion and saying every other religion is bad, no, I'm merely talking about and for myself. First I hesitated to completely sacrifice myself to Allah, but now I know I want to, and will. Because, if I follow the rules mentioned above, if I believe, in my heart I can have the assurance of the hereafter, and I know I'm being loved by God.  

I had to get this off my chest, like I said, its not a point or anything, merely a thought.

Salaam.

Welcome brother.  Unless your Malcolm X or Hamza Yosuf (extremely quick learners and teachers) your gonna need to be very patient with Islam.  It's easy to get overwhelmed, the knowledge is never-ending.  It's unfortunate we don't live by eachother, or we could've biult with one another as we learned, but we'll do what we can over the internet.  Assalamulakum.