Author Topic: Ya'll think DMX has really retired?  (Read 248 times)

BCG1

• 'G'
  • "Cleveland is the City"
Ya'll think DMX has really retired?
« on: March 05, 2004, 12:47:39 PM »
 I don't think DMX is going to retire because I don't think he liked how the album sold.(dosen't seem like people are paying attention to his singles that much besides his first one.)

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Ya'll think DMX has really retired?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 02:36:44 PM »
he released where da hood at/ayo kato and get it on the floor as singles right...or has he released others that i don't know about?

peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 03:10:45 PM »
I was totally surprised one night when I was channel surfing... I hit MTV and there was the video for Get It On The Floor. Never knew he'd release that as a single - never knew he was releasing a single period.

But you never knpw who's really retiring and who's not. Sure artists say a lot of stuff, but how much of it actually holds? Wouldn't be terribly surprised if we saw another DMX or DJ Quik record. (The Jay-Z retiring - that one I think will hold though. He seemed so determined about it - plus it ain't like he doesn't have a record label to run.) Shit, Eminem said for a long time he'd retire from rapping at 30 - now dude's putting out a D12 AND a solo record.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2004, 03:11:45 PM by T-Dogg »

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 03:30:43 PM »
apparently sean carter will be releasing his first cd sometime this year (that's what i hear at least), so he retired his name, that seems to be it, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 04:09:28 PM »
apparently sean carter will be releasing his first cd sometime this year (that's what i hear at least), so he retired his name, that seems to be it, peace.

laughin my ass off dude, are you serious?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

The Watcher

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2004, 05:44:02 PM »
Em's next solo is rumored to be his last, guess we'll see. All depends on how many albums are in his contract though i'd say
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2004, 06:56:25 PM »
no i dont think so

Don Breezio

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2004, 10:04:53 PM »
DMX kinda...started off at the top and went downhill from there...actually he kinda staggered imo...the first album was damn near classic, second i wasnt feeling at all except the singles, third was almost as good as the first, fourth & fifth just kinda were average...though the fifth definetely had some dope tracks...really wished he would've rhymed more on "My Life" though.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2004, 03:13:14 AM »
yeah, i kinda agree with luke, the last 2 albums were mediocre, i never really was a dmx fan so i didn't care that much bout his retirement

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2004, 05:39:44 AM »
DMX never released a whack album, although I kinda agree that he went downhill with the time (except for "The Great Depression", which I appreciate more than "...And Then There Was X").

And as for his retire, I think he'll never come back with a solo-album, he was too depressed in all the interviews I read and said at least two times an interview that he fuckin' hates the industry.

I think he'll just appear on some of Bloodline's releases on the mic, as well as on the boards (who knows). And he'll definitely appear on the soundtracks for his movies.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2004, 09:59:16 AM »
Em's next solo is rumored to be his last, guess we'll see. All depends on how many albums are in his contract though i'd say

If Em would ever stop rapping, he would certainly go on with producing (he said this in several interviews).

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2004, 09:58:58 AM »

I heard something about Em's next album is gonna be a double cd...One cd of him solo and the other cd of collabo's with his fav rappers and his crew...That true?