Author Topic: Africa and Christianity- An African quote  (Read 463 times)

infinite59

Africa and Christianity- An African quote
« on: March 06, 2004, 10:32:32 PM »
read this in a book of great African quotes...

"When the Europeans came to Africa they had the Bible's and we had the land.  They asked us to close our eyes and pray with them.  When we opened our eyes they had the land and we had the Bible's."
« Last Edit: March 06, 2004, 10:42:42 PM by Ibrahim Islam »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re:Africa and Christianity- An African quote
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 11:16:44 PM »

woman's rights in islamic  countries anyone>?

infiinite shut the fuck up

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

infinite59

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 11:41:31 PM »

woman's rights in islamic  countries anyone>?

infiinite shut the fuck up

What about women's rights in Islamic countries?

Some countries have alot of Muslims but not all have Islamic law.  But I can teach you about what I know, which is Islamic law.  

Lesson in Islamic Law:  It's rights concerning women:

Islamic law has made the mother the most revered figure on Earth.  In Islamic law, After Allah, the mother is who we owe our highest obedience to.  It is Islamic law that gave the woman rights of equal ownership in marriage.  It is Islamic law that gave the woman property and ownership rights in the event of a divorce.  It is Islamic law that forbids adultry, fornication, those things forbidden even by the Christians in their ten commandments.  It is Islamic law that put an end to the practice of infrezi; the killing of female children.  Islamic law demands that men provide and protect their wives.  Islamic law was the first system of law to give these rights to women in marriage an divorce, long before the Europeans it did this.  It was the first to put a limit on how many wives a man may have.  The prophet Muhammad (saws) said the best of you is the one who is best in treating your wife.  It was Islamic law that gave the women the authority to say no to any marriage proposal.  All praise to Allah, who is certainlty the most merciful for he has made Muslim women to be excellent wives and mothers!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2004, 11:43:18 PM by Ibrahim Islam »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2004, 11:45:45 PM »
 ::)

infinite59

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2004, 11:57:56 PM »
Jacob?  You are not aware of how deeply Africa has suffered under European colonialism?  Most of the countries and territories have been carved up by European colonialism.  Ever read about apartied in South Africa?  

I am not talking bad about Christianity here.  I am making people aware of the suffering Africa has endured through European influence.

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2004, 12:02:23 AM »
Infinite, you still haven't learned how to treat people.  When you meet your creator, he's going to ask you why you were so harsh to those of children whose faith was different, and you won't have an answer.  
« Last Edit: March 07, 2004, 12:02:45 AM by I Just Wasn't Made For These Times »

Woodrow

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2004, 12:02:54 AM »
apartied

I've never heard of that, but have you heard about apartheid?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2004, 12:11:21 AM »
Jacob?  You are not aware of how deeply Africa has suffered under European colonialism?  Most of the countries and territories have been carved up by European colonialism.  Ever read about apartied in South Africa?  

I am not talking bad about Christianity here.  I am making people aware of the suffering Africa has endured through European influence.

i'm fully aware of english rule throughout the world

BUT  that's not the message you were conveying in your post! you were building a post that was anti christian

african opression was a DISTANT sub issue here.

infinite59

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2004, 12:14:29 AM »
Infinite, you still haven't learned how to treat people.  When you meet your creator, he's going to ask you why you were so harsh to those of children whose faith was different, and you won't have an answer.  

I'm sorry if I have offended anyone; but I don't feel that this thread is an example of harsh treatment towards other faiths.  This is a history lesson, not persecution or transgression.  I am sure of that.  

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2004, 02:29:51 AM »
It ain't no history lesson, it's just makin of white people basically 2 put it in 3rd grade terms, cuzz it ain't like people don't know wats goin on.....and just for the record, fuc European colonialism in Africa.....

and infinite.....don't act like u kno anything bout women's rights in the middle east.....if U knew anything, you'd kno dat shits lame and every real middle eastern muthafuca knows it, shit's wrong, I still talk 2 cuzzins in middle east and they tell me wassup and how fucked up it is, who u talk to? some die hard fanatic dumb fucs that follow some non logical bullshit laws?.....fuc all U fanatics......

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2004, 06:21:15 AM »
^ ahahahaha  8)

smerlus

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2004, 09:33:15 AM »
apartied

I've never heard of that, but have you heard about apartheid?

you've never been to apartied before?

smerlus

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2004, 09:33:58 AM »

"When the Europeans came to Africa they had the Bible's and we had the land.  They asked us to close our eyes and pray with them.  When we opened our eyes they had the land and we had the Bible's."

at least we taught them english

infinite59

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2004, 03:07:26 PM »
It ain't no history lesson, it's just makin of white people basically 2 put it in 3rd grade terms, cuzz it ain't like people don't know wats goin on.....and just for the record, fuc European colonialism in Africa.....

and infinite.....don't act like u kno anything bout women's rights in the middle east.....if U knew anything, you'd kno dat shits lame and every real middle eastern muthafuca knows it, shit's wrong, I still talk 2 cuzzins in middle east and they tell me wassup and how fucked up it is, who u talk to? some die hard fanatic dumb fucs that follow some non logical bullshit laws?.....fuc all U fanatics......

I was speaking on Islamic law.  Go back and read my post again.  I wasn't talking about the Middle East I was talking about Islamic law.  If you want to talk about countries in the middle east I have been to three; Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and Oman.  

Why do you speak so poorly towards me?  The prophet Muhammad (saws) said that in the sight of Allah the best of you are the ones who are the most polite in manners.  

You don't like it that I consistently identify myself as a Muslim.  I don't like it that you want to consistently identify yourself with being a "gangsta" or whatever this consumer culture has told you is currently fashionable.  To you be your way and to me mine.

JTSimon

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2004, 04:22:28 PM »

Good point...all religions are useless/pointless  ;)