Author Topic: Africa and Christianity- An African quote  (Read 462 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re:Africa and Christianity- An African quote
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2004, 04:33:28 PM »
read this in a book of great African quotes...

"When the Europeans came to Africa they had the Bible's and we had the land.  They asked us to close our eyes and pray with them.  When we opened our eyes they had the land and we had the Bible's."

Good point...all religions are useless/pointless  ;)
good quote, they are pointless to the people who dont belive in them... but nevertheless good quote, too fuckin true

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2004, 06:13:01 AM »
It ain't no history lesson, it's just makin of white people basically 2 put it in 3rd grade terms, cuzz it ain't like people don't know wats goin on.....and just for the record, fuc European colonialism in Africa.....

and infinite.....don't act like u kno anything bout women's rights in the middle east.....if U knew anything, you'd kno dat shits lame and every real middle eastern muthafuca knows it, shit's wrong, I still talk 2 cuzzins in middle east and they tell me wassup and how fucked up it is, who u talk to? some die hard fanatic dumb fucs that follow some non logical bullshit laws?.....fuc all U fanatics......

I was speaking on Islamic law.  Go back and read my post again.  I wasn't talking about the Middle East I was talking about Islamic law.  If you want to talk about countries in the middle east I have been to three; Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and Oman.  

Why do you speak so poorly towards me?  The prophet Muhammad (saws) said that in the sight of Allah the best of you are the ones who are the most polite in manners.  

You don't like it that I consistently identify myself as a Muslim.  I don't like it that you want to consistently identify yourself with being a "gangsta" or whatever this consumer culture has told you is currently fashionable.  To you be your way and to me mine.

The Problem, infinite, is that you're a hypocrit.  You weren't like you act now, you were a total asshole for years to people, and then you come around with your hands out "why are you so mean to me???"... you even went so far as to change the tone of your voice and how you phrase things, to sound exactly like an immigrant sounds.  To most people, that's sickening that you hate yourself so much you have to change even the way you talk.  

infinite59

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2004, 08:03:40 PM »

The Problem, infinite, is that you're a hypocrit.  You weren't like you act now, you were a total asshole for years to people, and then you come around with your hands out "why are you so mean to me???"... you even went so far as to change the tone of your voice and how you phrase things, to sound exactly like an immigrant sounds.  To most people, that's sickening that you hate yourself so much you have to change even the way you talk.  

How did you hear if my tone changed?  When have we talked?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2004, 12:42:15 AM »

How did you hear if my tone changed?  When have we talked?

LMAO! He's got a point there, Trauma.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2004, 01:13:41 PM »
Do we need to get into the role that Islam has played in Africa? Gee, how exactly did Arabs come to inhabit all of North Africa, from Egypt in the east to Morrocco in the west? How did Islam come to be so prevalent in the continent, completely replacing most of the north's traditional African religions?

Let me guess, they received special invitations from the native Africans to take their land and destroy their cultures.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2004, 05:20:19 PM »
You dont wanna start on christain/islamic presence in Africa, trust me. Yes, the Arabs loved their slaves, but trust, slow your roll and back away slowly
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Fabulous_Verstyle

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2004, 10:22:02 PM »
You dont wanna start on christain/islamic presence in Africa, trust me. Yes, the Arabs loved their slaves, but trust, slow your roll and back away slowly

Doggystylin

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2004, 10:52:09 PM »
LMAO, god damn whos this guy?^^ goin all out huh?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2004, 10:52:24 PM by Doggy aka Pitbull »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2004, 11:06:47 PM »
It's Allah...

infinite59

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2004, 05:34:30 PM »
Do we need to get into the role that Islam has played in Africa? Gee, how exactly did Arabs come to inhabit all of North Africa, from Egypt in the east to Morrocco in the west? How did Islam come to be so prevalent in the continent, completely replacing most of the north's traditional African religions?

Let me guess, they received special invitations from the native Africans to take their land and destroy their cultures.

Actually, No. Africa was not conquered by the sword.  Atleast not in black Africa. There were major battles fought through North Africa amongst the Berbers, Moors, Arabs, etc...

Islam came to dominate West Africa through trade. The great Mali Empire king Mansa Musa loved Islam and made frequent trips on Hajj to Mekkah and traded his gold with the Arabs. But Islam began spreading even before Mansa Musa's time to black Africa as early as the 11th century.

Islam entered through Egypt by conquering the Eastern Roman Empire (Byzantium), with the collaboration of Christian Coptic groups who were not very happy with Byzantium rule. Then Islam spread along the East African Coast and accross the Sahara through trade and commerce.

When Muslim traders gained a foothold in Africa without vying for political control over African states. They were mainly used as technical advisors because they had literacy and their knowledge was deployed in the service of African Kings.

Then finally in the 19th and 20th centuries when a racist Christian-European colonialism began threatening Africa; Africa resisted by identifying even more closely with Islam, in light of Islam's recognition that the only thing that makes one human being better than another is in righteousness and piety. (taqua, love, nearness to Allah)

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2004, 08:41:14 AM »
Somehow I think a culture that promotes Jihad and wants the whole world to be forced to join them does not seem very polite,civilised or merciful to me.

Fuck all religions..they're the prime source of crimes against humanity.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..