Author Topic: Concert Review 3/6: Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Hi Tek, Dave Chappelle, sly boogy etc.  (Read 276 times)

We Fly High

holy shit motherfuckers, you wont believe the concert i just went to. this was at club qtopia in LA looked like a wherehouseish type venue... slated for the show was sly boogy, mc supernatural, styles of beyond and talib kweli...there was crazy ass intermissions between the artists which kinda sucked... but first off to bat was sly boogy he did a few of his songs like california (had to smoke a bleez to that), booyaka and a few others. hella claimin san bernardino, IE and the westside. and then styles of beyond came out, which was alright, but i aint really feelin that backpack type shit... and then MC supernatrual came out and basically freestyled his whole entire performance, he was just taking random items from the crowd like hats, chains, blunts and just making rhymes outa them it was sick, and then he had the project blowed freestyle fellowship fools like Mikah 9 showed up, peace, and Medusa. and then he brought out the frontman of Jurassic 5, CHALI 2NA and then TALIB KWELI comes out at like close to 1am, keep in mind the show started at 9. and then talib kweli fuckin brings out DJ HI TEK who helped him out on the reflectionm eternal tracks, brings out MOS DEF who performs pretty much the whole show next to talib and helped him out on all the blackstar tracks, and then he brought out motehrfuckin DAVE CHAPELLE !!! he fuckin introduced him as LIL JON HAHAHAHA. chapelle had a joint in his ear, remaining faithful to half baked. he did all his " whaaaaaaat" "yeaaaaah" . haha hilarious. they did all the tracks like respiration, definition, get by, the blast,move somethin, good to you,guerillamonsooonrap etc. freestyled to the Lil Jon/Usher Yeah beat which was sick as fuck. and then in the middle of his set, talib fuckin brings out STRONG ARM STEADY (KRONDON, PHIL DA AGONY, Chase Infinite) and they did a few tracks together which surprised me....(but i think hi tek has done recent production for S.A.S.) man and fuckin mos def and talib did a crazy ass long encore, and premiered two of their new tracks which was soooooooooo fucking sick, one of them was a talib solo, and it was straight some funky ass bounce type shit, he was pullin some twista shit, and rappin insanely fast (edit: after the advance came out, i now know its called "we got the beat"). and then the second track "Lonely people" they turned off all the lights int he venue, and mos and kweli just fuckin rapped the song ion the dark, with only lighters from the crowd, song had hella heavy bass and violins, IT WAS SIIIIIIICK, the track  sampled "eleanor rigby" by the beatles ("ah, look at all the lonely people..")....and then they mos def and talib kweli both did fucking sick ass accapellas... and then they bring hella girls on stage, and they all of the performers just start dancin with the girls to old school ass songs by like Michael jackson and shit and all that old school cali funk shit, and they called it Club Kweli. they fuckin mustve all danced on stage for like 20 minutes at least. i think chapelle was even doin the robot for a quick moment, but he had the robot guy from all the chappelle show party scenes, the robot guy was like doing it for 10 minutes nonstop hilarious.haha oh man... definitely the sickest hip hop show ive been to (not rap, cos up in smoke still takes that spot). got mos def on the 29th, kanye on the 4th, and method on the 23rd... Im LOving it.

haha i got busted for smokin a blunt and got taken outta da venue durin the kweli set, but luckily it was my third and final blunt, so i didnt have any more when they patted me down, so they let me back into the show !!

« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 08:46:17 AM by justin718 »

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Sounds like you a hell of a great time! 8) (I wish there were concerts like that in Belgium...).
Thanks for the write-up!

·SiNiStEr·

• Tex
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • is this mic on?
ya man thats was a badass read.. thanks for sharin homeboy..

MC Supernatural sounds dope as fuck.. pZ
:..WCC Cup Champion.. 
:..WCC Heavyweight Champion..           

Battle Record :    24-6

thats how we do..
.:-ELITE-:.    M-Dogg.. Rodzilla.. SiNiStEr.. VitoDeLuca.. Mack..  .:-ELITE-:. she wanted me to bust in her eye so she could watch my children..Fabolous

On The Edge of Insanity

Damn man, sounds like an amazing show, lucky on the blunt thing though, wouldn't have wanted to be thrown out in the middle of all that dopeness.

We Fly High

sinister you should check out mc supernatural from NY. i think hes done got his credits in the game. hes amazing freestylist, was basically freestylling for like 20-30 minutes just about anything. the crowd was gvigin him like starbursts, dollar bills, fake gold chains, phones, hat ... he said anything that he can touch and grab from the crowd, he would freestyle about. and it was hella good freestyles that actually make sense and incorporated the items, not some bunk shit.. mc supernatrual has worked with like sway and king tech and shit, so u know its on some officil legit hip hop. probably the best freestylist ive heard.

yeah im pretty lucky witht he blunt thing... that woulda been ALL BAD if they didnt let me back in.. as the bouncer was taking me out the venue, i had to basically move through the whole crowd and was taking my slow ass time cos i wanted to see every last second of talibs performance cos i thought i was getting kicked out for the night.

We Fly High

anybody else seen mos def or talib live?

On The Edge of Insanity

anybody else seen mos def or talib live?

I was really annoyed cause I was broke last time Mos came to the UK, so I couldn't go. He's doing filming for a movie over here for the next few months though I think so hopefully he'll do one or two shows in his time here. Talib is releasing an album an album this year so hopefully he'll do at least one show in the UK this year. However I think the chances of seeing them together are unfortunately quite small.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
why wont the come to philly, that sounds amazing, mos def, talib, DAVE CHAPPELLE, im so jelous