Author Topic: Does anyone Own/Know where to get Em's Masterpiece "Infinite"?  (Read 1116 times)

Don Breezio

Re:Does anyone Own/Know where to get Em's Masterpiece "Infinite"?
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2004, 11:20:28 PM »
its funny because i bet if this had become a hit back in 1990 when it was recorded everybody would be saying its classic...it'd be like the chronic...but white.
Luke, please man. Don't even try to compare this average crap to The Chronic. That is just absurd man. Damn! Some people get too much credit for being the majority.

lmfao...dude the style of rap in this cd is exactly the same. your dislike for eminem is blinding the fact that what i said is 100% true.

SGV

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2004, 12:03:26 AM »
No...The fact that you compared this album to The Chronic is absurd and blinds anything else you say. The Chronic IS classic. It defines what a classic is. Infinite doesn't have that same vibe. It doesn't come off as a classic, a masterpiece or even that great. I think you're feeding into the "hype" of the an artists first album. Like someone said earlier, just because it's rare and underground DOES NOT make it great. I'll say it again, SSLP is and will be Em's best album.

Don Breezio

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2004, 12:04:49 AM »
No...The fact that you compared this album to The Chronic is absurd and blinds anything else you say. The Chronic IS classic. It defines what a classic is. Infinite doesn't have that same vibe. It doesn't come off as a classic, a masterpiece or even that great. I think you're feeding into the "hype" of the an artists first album. Like someone said earlier, just because it's rare and underground DOES NOT make it great. I'll say it again, SSLP is and will be Em's best album.

it has nothing to do with the first album hype...i would listen to this album over sslp any day.

SGV

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2004, 12:06:31 AM »
To each is own. But, can you really back up Inifinte being rated at the same caliber as The Chronic?

Don Breezio

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2004, 12:09:17 AM »
To each is own. But, can you really back up Inifinte being rated at the same caliber as The Chronic?

yes...just because infinite didnt put a certain coast on the map or become a top 10 album on the charts or whatever doesnt mean its not the same caliber. the shit is hot hands down. there isnt one bad track. lyrically its probably better than 90% of the stuff coming out in 1990. the album was classic all around. and the amazing thing is that nobody back then thought a whiteboy could make an album that good.

SGV

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2004, 12:26:32 AM »
Just because Vanilla Ice was out doesn't mean people didn't think whites could spit. Don't forget the Beastie Boys and 3rd Bass.

The lyrics were good, but far from amazing. To me an album has to have a total package to be classic or a masterpiece. Infinite lacked production, which alone keeps it from being anywhere near the top of any list.  

Don Breezio

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2004, 12:28:24 AM »
Just because Vanilla Ice was out doesn't mean people didn't think whites could spit. Don't forget the Beastie Boys and 3rd Bass.

The lyrics were good, but far from amazing. To me an album has to have a total package to be classic or a masterpiece. Infinite lacked production, which alone keeps it from being anywhere near the top of any list.  

youre looking at the glass half empty...infinite didnt so much as lack production but it lacked budget...being that it lacked budget i'd say the production that they managed to get was dope as fuck. i can't say i dont like any of the beats.

SGV

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2004, 12:34:09 AM »
Don't give me that "lack of budget" crap. There have been plenty of Underground albums with AMAZING production and these cats never had much budget either. The beats were NOT all that. Again, this album is caught in that whole "first album" hype. You see it with almost any emcee. None of you even heard this album until a few years ago, so already you guys have a bias. I had always knew of Eminem from the Wake Up Show, and I enjoyed what he did there. SSLP was when I said, "hey, let me peep this cat a little more." I came across Infinite and I didn't think it was anything more than average. It was very amateur.

Don Breezio

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2004, 12:37:50 AM »
Don't give me that "lack of budget" crap. There have been plenty of Underground albums with AMAZING production and these cats never had much budget either. The beats were NOT all that. Again, this album is caught in that whole "first album" hype. You see it with almost any emcee. None of you even heard this album until a few years ago, so already you guys have a bias. I had always knew of Eminem from the Wake Up Show, and I enjoyed what he did there. SSLP was when I said, "hey, let me peep this cat a little more." I came across Infinite and I didn't think it was anything more than average. It was very amateur.

you still bent on that first album hype shit? nobody gives a fuck whether its his first, fourth, or twentieth album! if we didnt hear it till a few years ago how does that mean we already have a bias? shouldnt that mean that since sslp is the first album anybody heard from em then we would all be biased towards that...or is that just the great and powerful SGV who is biased towards an album that was severly overrated.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2004, 05:16:24 AM »
lloool may I say it like that:

Dre - Superiour Producer, decent ghostwriter lyrics.
Em - Superiour Lyricist, decent Beats on Infinite.

what Im tryin to show you is that Chronic is mostly classic for the Beats used and the "cool" lyrics which fit the beats properly.

Infinite is classic :D for the absurd lyricism and I like the Beats too, but I guess it's obvious you cant compare em to the ones Chronic owns.

besides eminem raps very good :D lol..

to sum up... I wont compare those Albums stylewise, way too different focal points - even tho both are very good and classics.
Just cause two things are very good it duznt mean you can compare them you know.

I love the Album, and as far as I can value myself it's not for bein his debut or anything.
I just love how the Beats connect to each other, his voice, his lyricism, the whole mood the Album emits.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2004, 05:18:47 AM by 7even the Harbinger »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2004, 11:49:01 PM »
Quote:
did i ever say i owned infinite.....>??  

Quote:
i got a bootleg one on ebay once, but it's like someone said earlier, it's kinda ghetto.

I guess not, I must have been smokin a sherm stick and been imagining things again.

man you're retarted, i have a BOOTLEG FAKE of infinite.

i don't own the original

damn man you got eye prblems

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

ACGRUNDY

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2004, 12:15:51 AM »
Quote:
did i ever say i owned infinite.....>??  

Quote:
i got a bootleg one on ebay once, but it's like someone said earlier, it's kinda ghetto.

I guess not, I must have been smokin a sherm stick and been imagining things again.

man you're retarted, i have a BOOTLEG FAKE of infinite.

i don't own the original

damn man you got eye prblems

actually you are retard, and a liar.  oh and you must be the one with eye problems, but that happens when you let people bust in your face.  Let me write it again for you:

maybe you were too busy listening to your og next episode on your special edition of doggystyle to notice what I wrote.  I understand it happens, thats probably why I didn't understand your original post, I was listening to my special edition of the chronic with Ho Hopper on it.

The Watcher

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2004, 12:54:10 AM »
^ lmao
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2004, 12:01:36 AM »
Luke, "Infinite" was recorded in 1995, not 1990...And I think the lyricism on that album was one of the greatest efforts I've ever heard...Classic.

Don Breezio

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2004, 01:03:08 AM »
Luke, "Infinite" was recorded in 1995, not 1990...And I think the lyricism on that album was one of the greatest efforts I've ever heard...Classic.

from the back cover of infinite:

(C) 1990 P.O.T. Productions...and that definetely sounds nothing like 95.