Author Topic: Who do you prefer: Mos def or talib Kweli  (Read 119 times)

We Fly High

Who do you prefer: Mos def or talib Kweli
« on: March 07, 2004, 07:15:16 PM »
man i just saw these guys last night, check the main wcc forum for the review of the show.
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?board=7;action=display;threadid=48984

i was just wondering who you guys thought was the better half of the duo.

i prefer mos def.. i dont know, it just seems like he comes correct on every track that he rhymes on..
dont get me wrong though.. talib is still fucking badass, but  he still comes second to mos, i just like mos def more. hes my favorite hip hop act anyways.
black on both sides as a solo album was better than talibs quality, in my opinion.
although blackstar just combined the both of them into the most insane duo ever.
i know that kanye and common been kickin it a lot recently, and man them two need to get down with talib and mos.. i think that would be a definite classic album. some straight Respiration shit over kanye beatrs... man... itd be Unbelievable.

man if anyone could make me a compilation of all of mos def's songs that are not on black on both sides, or blackstar or on quality,.. and send it to me on a few cds via mail i would appreciate it. i am sure that i can find something in my music collection to trade with you, rare posters, cds, dvds...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2004, 07:26:19 PM by justin718 »

MANBEARPIG.

Re:Who do you prefer: Mos def or talib Kweli
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2004, 08:32:17 PM »
first and foremost....fuck you!

thats like askin the children of that family who'se mom is jewish and father is christian to choose one religion for the family.  they are both genius in every aspect, I love them both equally and I have yet to see either in person  :'( I can't choose, they are two sides of the genius coin.  The world has more exposure nto mos but that is what makes Talib so great because he is the lesser known Mc you will hear about in response to Blackstar...............I say I prefer Talib........but I like Mos more  I don't know but thanks for makin me think before I do this comparison essay...an essay that I had not topic for at first but now I think I do ;D

-KIDRENEGADE-

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004, 08:38:11 PM »
Woahhhhhhh

right after I typed that I changed my channel to Urban beat(Dish Network) and Mya "My love is like Wo" went off and "Waitin' for the Dj" came on, the track that made me buy Quality

so my vote is for Talib Kweli.....maybe you should make this a poll..

-KIDRENEGADE-

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 10:15:55 PM »
Talib Kweli

··: O.G Kody™ :··

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2004, 10:35:32 AM »
Woahhhhhhh

right after I typed that I changed my channel to Urban beat(Dish Network) and Mya "My love is like Wo" went off and "Waitin' for the Dj" came on, the track that made me buy Quality

Both your posts are a big pile of shit. If "Waitin' for the DJ" makes you think Talib is a Genius then help is required.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2004, 02:54:44 PM »
Woahhhhhhh

Both your posts are a big pile of shit. If "Waitin' for the DJ" makes you think Talib is a Genius then help is required.

Fuck you Waitin for the Dj was the song that made me want to buy the album "Gorilla Monsoon Rap" "8th Light" and "Theives in The Night" are what make him a  genius just to name a few..Bitch.

-KIDRENEGADE-