Author Topic: The American Public  (Read 111 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
The American Public
« on: March 07, 2004, 09:12:50 PM »
It's funny, as a Democrat, I support my party, and I know the issues, and I agree with most the issues. I know the games of politics, and I can't agree with most, but sometimes you need to play hardball to get what you want done.

The funny thing, the Democrats for the past few years have been the party taking major shots, as George Bush's popularity has gone up. As Democrats, most got worried that we were going to lose the next election, that Bush will get credit for Saddam, and eventually Bin Ladan, and we can't counter, whatever. Basic politics. Most my Democratic friends were tripping, but I was like fuck that, the economy isn't doing to well, business is getting better, but the people are still struggling. Bush sut 3rd trimester abortion, he did enough for me, I think a democrat would be good now, and we'll get back to normal. Primaries hit, I don't put support on anybody, I like Clark, and I like Kucinich, Kerry I was a little shaky in, Edwards I was so so, and everyone else filed out like they should, including Dean who I liked because he made the Democrats have some life, but went too far and killed himself, which is cool because aside from war and medical issues, he was too far right for my taste. As it turns out, the Democrats oft he United States have spoken, and Kerry is the man to challenge Bush. I'm like, whatever, politics, but now I realize, we just nominated a fucken Democrat version of Bush. We didn't nominate the best person, we nominated the person we thought could win. FUCK THAT. I'd rather have right wing Liberman, or radical Dean than going with Kerry. I understand, people like Kerry because he votes as the people want, which is cool. People wanted the war, he voted, and when it was later found out about no WMD, he turned on that discision, just like the American people. Honestly, Kerry is a perfect example of the American people. Just like Bush, both of them are lying 2 faced, hypocritical politicians that I really don't like. Give me Dean if his going to be honest, give me Kucinich, Clark with his military experience, Liberman, hell even Sharpton and him making a fool out of all minorities. At least they are honest, and what the Democrat party is suppose to be about. Kerry, he better have a damn good VP, and a damn good excuse to why he does and says what he says. 2004 election, could it be the first election that M Dogg doesn't vote?

Trauma-san

Re:The American Public
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 06:10:58 AM »
This has nothing to do with the american public, I hope you realize that.

The democrat that was nominated, got nominated by 10% voter turn out of the registered democrats in America.  Think about that shit.  10% of the registered democrats voted.  They made a big deal out of him winning in the south; but how hard is it to win with 10% of your own party showing up to vote? LOL OF COURSE you're going to win, no republicans voted!  

In conclusion, you, & the American people don't have anything to worry about who you should have nominated.  He's going to lose.  

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004, 07:35:31 PM »
His leading Bush in the polls 55 to 45... and I really don't see Bush beating Kerry... he seems to gather support. And honestly... if it's between Kerry and Bush... I'd go with Kerry. But honestly... I'm having a hard time liking Kerry

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2004, 09:35:35 PM »
you complain too much

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Woodrow

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2004, 09:47:31 PM »
His leading Bush in the polls 55 to 45... and I really don't see Bush beating Kerry...

Gonna quote this so you can see how wrong you are come election time.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2004, 04:50:42 AM »
His leading Bush in the polls 55 to 45... and I really don't see Bush beating Kerry...

Gonna quote this so you can see how wrong you are come election time.

Bush'll win, but that doesnt make him a better president .... in fact, he proved in 2000 it doesnt even make him having the most votes .. lmao!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2004, 04:51:34 AM by 7even the Harbinger »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Woodrow

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2004, 02:19:17 PM »
Hate to break it to you, but in the USA, we have an electoral college which exists to protect the rights of all states so that a few, populous states don't over-exert their will unfairly. We also have a Supreme Court that judges the legality of tough issues like voting irregularities and poorly designed ballots. That democracy worked, but that dosen't stop the complaining.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2004, 03:21:37 PM »
the hell are you referring to? it's a known fact gore had more guys that voted for him than bush...

besides I dont see much democracy in a country where the president is the head of the republicans and the congress mainly consists of republicans.

btw you didnt scare me with that shit, I know your electoral system pretty well.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2004, 07:55:27 PM »
Hate to break it to you, but in the USA, we have an electoral college which exists to protect the rights of all states so that a few, populous states don't over-exert their will unfairly. We also have a Supreme Court that judges the legality of tough issues like voting irregularities and poorly designed ballots. That democracy worked, but that dosen't stop the complaining.

And what in the blue hell are you talking about. Lets see, you are telling me that a few people in Idaho's vote is valued more than the many in California. You can add up a lot of states population and they still would not equal California, but they have more electoral college votes, just because they own more land doesn't make them more important. You have no clue what the Electoral College was meant for at first. Back when the founding forefathers founded this country, they did not trust the election of the president in the hands of the United States citizens, because back then most people didn't even know what each person running for president looked like, let alone what their issues where. So they came up with a system that would allow a certain number of representives to vote for president from each state. The first time the public voted for president was for Andrew Jackson, who was the 7th president of the United States, and they used the electoral college to follow the constitution, not to have equal say amoung states. The thing you are thinking of is why we have a senate and a house of representives. That was the compromise, and from that we get the number of representives and senators as the number of electoral college. But we the people didn't vote on the electoral college at first, it was a way of keeping the president's election out of the presidents hand.