Author Topic: Dubbya campainge ad  (Read 122 times)

pappy

Dubbya campainge ad
« on: March 07, 2004, 09:12:40 PM »
what does every1 think about them.  its stired up some contraversy b/c his use of the images from 9-11.  i havnt seen them yet.  but the daily news ( a major paper in new york) polled readers and it was 2:1 in which readers thought the ad was tasteless.  my dad saw it an he said the first thing that came to his mind was it was tastelss.  like i said i have yet to see it but for those on this board that have what is ur opinion

Woodrow

Re:Dubbya campainge ad
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2004, 10:31:08 PM »
First: I'm not from New york...

Second: I don't think it's out of line. It's an event that occured while Bush was president, and IMO he showed great leadership skills in the days and weeks following the event. I've seen the commercial, and it's not like the WHOLE thing was about 9/11. He came on, talked a bit about what he's done, and said that after 9/11 things changed and he thinks he's the right man to lead the country. I didn't see what the big deal was, but then again, I didn't loose a family member in the attacks, and I'm not from NY.

ACGRUNDY

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004, 10:37:09 PM »
here is what I think is stupid about bush and the whole 9/11 thing:

he, and the public, act like he did such a great thing after 9/11 by cleaning up new york, attacking afghanastan, helping the victims, increasing US security,etc.  Well no shit bush, what president wouldn't have done that?  Honestly, does anyone think that anyone as president would have just sat back and done nothing?  big fuckin deal what he did.  fuck him for not stopping that attack.  you can look at it two ways:

1) bush stepped up and helped america after the attack.  (what else could he have done?)

2) bush fucked up, and let the biggest terrorist attack ever on america happen.

bush got way too much credit for what he did concerning 9/11.  too bad most people are too dumb to realize this.

Woodrow

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 10:46:40 PM »
Everybody's already gone tit for tat over the blame, fact is, Clinton is just as much to blame for it happening as Bush.

I'll say it once again, I don't think the campaign adds are out of line.

JTSimon

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2004, 03:40:27 AM »
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/binladen/etc/cron.html

Don't forget about George Bush Sr. who set this all up...but why go into Iraq when the job wasn't done in Afghanistan?  ::)

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2004, 06:07:32 AM »
Tom, i'll sum up what everybody thinks.

If you're a democrat, you think the ads are tasteless.

If you're a republican, you think the ads are respectful.  

pappy

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2004, 03:00:30 PM »
Tom, i'll sum up what everybody thinks.

If you're a democrat, you think the ads are tasteless.

If you're a republican, you think the ads are respectful.  

my dads a republican so ur whoel theory is shot to hell

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2004, 04:52:08 PM »
He's not really a republican, then.  He's not planning to vote for Bush, is he?