Author Topic: Chavez warns U.S. about '100-year war'  (Read 581 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re:Chavez warns U.S. about '100-year war'
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2004, 07:39:35 PM »
^ Yup, sounds just about right
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Woodrow

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2004, 12:00:26 PM »
http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000087&sid=aHyy5ptEIS.I&refer=top_world_news

Venezuelan Election Court Rules Signatures Valid
March 15 (Bloomberg) -- Venezuela's Supreme Court's Electoral Chamber ruled that disputed signatures seeking a recall for President Hugo Chavez are valid, giving a boost to opposition efforts to oust the former paratrooper. The government said it would appeal.

Supreme Court Justice Alberto Martini, a member of the court's electoral chamber, said the body ruled in favor of an opposition request to overturn a ruling by the national electoral council that said 876,000 signatures needed to be reconfirmed in order to be valid. If the ruling stands, there probably would be enough signatures to force a recall vote on Chavez, said opposition leaders such as Leopoldo lopez, mayor of Chacao district of Caracas.

The opposition has waged a two-year campaign to force Chavez from office, including a two-day coup in 2002 and a strike last year. The ruling came days after the Supreme Court's constitutional chamber said that the electoral chamber lacked jurisdiction to rule on the opposition request.

"This could turn into a constitutional crisis,'' Vitali Meschoulam, director of Latin America for the New York-based political risk adviser Eurasia Group, said in a telephone interview. "This could turn into a battle between the supreme court's separate parts.''

Freddy Bernal, mayor of the Libertador municipality of Caracas and a Chavez ally, said the ruling Fifth Republic Movement would appeal the ruling.

"The electoral chamber's decision is illegal,'' he said in a televised press conference."

Here's a little insight to see why Chavez tried to grow some nuts...

Doggystylin

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2004, 03:32:25 PM »
engelwood is not someone you try to be nice to when you argue, your either on his side, or your shittin on top of eachother Tech vs Engel, perfect example, lol. thats how you do it