Author Topic: Is Twista on the R-O-C?  (Read 165 times)

MANBEARPIG.

Is Twista on the R-O-C?
« on: March 12, 2004, 02:52:37 PM »
Is Twista on the ROC?

-KIDRENEGADE-

We Fly High

Re:Is Twista on the R-O-C?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 02:53:23 PM »
no hes not. but i dont know what label hes on.

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 02:54:52 PM »
I don't think so. Atlantic doesn't want to release him from his contract, so officially he's still under Atlantic, although the new album was very Roc-A-Fella influenced, and I think they'll use the next little chance to sign him.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 02:56:58 PM »
oh because I just saw the new Elephant Man video which BTW has the most unexpected combo ever; Twita Elephant Man YoungBloodz and some other reggae cat anyway during Tiwsta's verse he's rockin a rocafella chain and he's grabbin it and puttin it up in the camera...so I was wondering ???

-KIDRENEGADE-

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 03:27:21 PM »
^^ Yeah, he got that chain during a concert from Dame Dash, who entered the stage to say that he wants to sign Twista (and gave him the chain as a symbolic meaning). After that he wanted the President of Atlantic -Craig Kallman- to come on stage and tell the crowd why Atlantic doesn't want to release Twista from the label-contract, be Kallman denied sayin' anything about that. I saw the video about that concert, but I don't know where anymore :-\

/edit/ I found the news about that: http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=2787
« Last Edit: March 12, 2004, 03:28:00 PM by The T'cha »

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2004, 05:48:30 PM »
oh ok, I just dont see the point of rockin a chain if you arent officially signed yet ::)  thats just me though.

-KIDRENEGADE-

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2004, 07:40:49 PM »
He was supposed to sign with them. "Kamikaze" was mentioned as being a Roc-a-fella project, but obviously he couldnt get out of his contract in time. Too bad for Dame, kuz Twista's cd sold well.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2004, 09:11:34 PM »
He was supposed to sign with them. "Kamikaze" was mentioned as being a Roc-a-fella project, but obviously he couldnt get out of his contract in time. Too bad for Dame, kuz Twista's cd sold well.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2004, 04:22:43 AM »
yeah, i think he'll be on the roc soon, i think Kamikaze wouldn't have been much different if it had been released on the roc

West C. Connected

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2004, 04:24:13 AM »
Whoa lol I could've sworn Kamikaze was a Roc-A-Fella project.

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2004, 05:13:57 AM »
...I just dont see the point of rockin a chain if you arent officially signed yet ::)  thats just me though.

As I already said before, Atlantic doesn't want to release him from his contract, although he wants to sign with Roc-A-Fella. It's kind of a protest. That's the same thing as L.O.X. wearin' shirts against Bad Boy, although they still had a contract with the label.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2004, 10:11:29 AM »
...I just dont see the point of rockin a chain if you arent officially signed yet ::)  thats just me though.

As I already said before, Atlantic doesn't want to release him from his contract, although he wants to sign with Roc-A-Fella. It's kind of a protest. That's the same thing as L.O.X. wearin' shirts against Bad Boy, although they still had a contract with the label.

haha I remember the LOX thing.

-KIDRENEGADE-

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2004, 12:18:47 PM »
Then Puffy made a funny move. He forbid the Lox to use his aliases or real name in their next album...so they included some subliminal disses. Then on 'The Saga Continues', he says 'Say my government name, dont just call me shiney suit man' LOL acting all hard n shit

Doggystylin

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2004, 03:52:43 PM »
Then Puffy made a funny move. He forbid the Lox to use his aliases or real name in their next album...so they included some subliminal disses. Then on 'The Saga Continues', he says 'Say my government name, dont just call me shiney suit man' LOL acting all hard n shit

lmao