Author Topic: Remembering Rachel Corrie  (Read 201 times)

infinite59

Remembering Rachel Corrie
« on: March 12, 2004, 12:08:11 AM »
*sometimes it takes a white american suburban girl to cause people to care*

Rachel Corrie, a 23-year old student at Evergreen State College, in Olympia, Washington, was killed one year ago on March 16, 2003 when she was run over by an Israeli military bulldozer. Rachel—working with the International Solidarity Movement—was trying to stop the bulldozer from demolishing the home of a Palestinian doctor in the Gaza Strip. Rachel is an inspiration to many in the peace movement — in the U.S., Palestine and Israel.

Woodrow

Re:Remembering Rachel Corrie
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 12:33:16 AM »

"peace" activist?

I feel sorry that she died trying to protect tunnels used to smuggle weapons used to kill innocent people...

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 05:21:00 AM »
She's an idiot.  I have no sympathy.  What kind of dumbass steps in front of a fucking  bulldozer?  I learned, YEARS ago, use your MIND, not your body.  Dumb fucker.  I want to stop Osama Bin Ladin.  I'm going to go step in front of his rifle.  What kind of fucked up, twisted ass, make myself a martyr but I'm really a stupid fuck logic is that?  

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 05:58:28 PM »
She's an idiot.  I have no sympathy.  What kind of dumbass steps in front of a fucking  bulldozer?  I learned, YEARS ago, use your MIND, not your body.  Dumb fucker.  I want to stop Osama Bin Ladin.  I'm going to go step in front of his rifle.  What kind of fucked up, twisted ass, make myself a martyr but I'm really a stupid fuck logic is that?  

yup, that chinese cat got lucky the tank stopped.

-KIDRENEGADE-

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 08:33:55 PM »
^ I think they shot him right after that.  Not positive, though, but I'm pretty sure dude's dead.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2004, 06:19:32 PM »
^really, that sux^

at least he died somewhat of a hero.......or something along those lines.

-KIDRENEGADE-

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2004, 07:36:42 PM »
You guys are completely useless. We have Engle here who thinks every Palestinian home is leading to an arms depot. And we have Trauma here who thinks Rachel Corrie jumped in front of a bullldoser. You know she was standing well in advance, demanding it stop. You know the driver with complete intention just ran her the fuck over. This is my beef with America, you guys will put the Israeli cause over your own citizens. The power of a dollar.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2004, 09:57:23 PM »
You guys are completely useless. We have Engle here who thinks every Palestinian home is leading to an arms depot. And we have Trauma here who thinks Rachel Corrie jumped in front of a bullldoser. You know she was standing well in advance, demanding it stop. You know the driver with complete intention just ran her the fuck over. This is my beef with America, you guys will put the Israeli cause over your own citizens. The power of a dollar.

I'm not sure what you are saying here...sounds like you want to be mad but you are agreeing wit Trauma.  ???

-KIDRENEGADE-

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2004, 02:17:46 AM »
Another example of evil Palestinians making up shit and/or stretching the story to make themselves look like they're innocent...

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2004, 09:46:51 PM »

I'm not sure what you are saying here...sounds like you want to be mad but you are agreeing wit Trauma.  ???

Trauma thinks she just jumped in front of the bulldozer, like shes the fool and she deserved her death. She was run over, while standing well in advance demanding the driver stop. It was a cold blooded murder.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Woodrow

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2004, 09:56:50 PM »
And you think that Bulldozer was just taking down Innocent peoples houses?  ::)

This Girl was STUPID. You are smart enough to realize this...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&node=&contentId=A35126-2003Mar16&notFound=true

Notice how the FOUNDER of her wack ass organization say that they (The protestors) fucked up, and also see how that article states that the windows of the BULLETPROOF bulldozer limit the visibility severly. Also note that the article says she was kneeling between some rubble While the rest of her moronic protestor friends stayed back.

It was an accident.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2004, 10:24:29 PM »
Man, i seen the pictures, she was standing well in front of the bulldozer, with a yellow shirt, the bulldozer probably tried to scare her and ended up fuckin shit up. How you fail to condemn brutal practices of collective punishment is beyond me. That is a huge human rights violation. Houses are knocked over with the occupants given like 3 minutes to leave. Where would u go engle if the israeli army knocked your house down?

- Lewis Carroll

Woodrow

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2004, 10:40:15 PM »
Oh Boy!
You've Seen pictures?!!
That must be true then!

http://www.honestreporting.com/articles/critiques/Rachel_Corrie3_Continued.asp

Rachel Corrie, Continued
In the wake of a fatal bulldozer incident, irresponsible photo captions and disparate editorial cartoons

The circumstances of American college student Rachel Corrie's March 16 death beneath an IDF bulldozer in Gaza remain unclear. The key unanswered question: Was Corrie visible and/or audible to the IDF driver just before the accident?

The consumer public got a huge dose of misleading information when Associated Press distributed a photo showing Corrie, standing in (apparently) direct view of the bulldozer driver, dressed in orange and speaking into a megaphone in the direction of the oncoming vehicle.

The AP caption reads: "Rachel was run over Sunday by the bulldozer that she was trying to stop from tearing down a building in the Rafah refugee camp, witnesses said."

See the AP photo at:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/030316/168/3j4y0.html

The problem with the AP photo caption is that readers are led to believe that this photo depicts the very scene and moment of the accident. The implication is criminal recklessness on the part of the IDF driver.

In fact, however, this photo was NOT taken in the moments before Corrie's death. Joseph Smith, of the pro-Palestinian International Solidarity Movement, was the photographer and wrote a chronological account of the incident (published on pro-Palestinian websites).

Smith says that the photo of Corrie "standing with megaphone" is ascribed to the time period 2pm-4pm. In addition, during this period, Smith notes that the bulldozer "always stopped in time to avoid injuring them."

At the time of Corrie's death (5pm), Smith describes Corrie as "sitting, with arms waving" (no megaphone), and another colleague holding the megaphone from a distance.

Additionally, one key point that Smith does not mention is that the bulldozers shown in the two photos are different types. The later photo is a bulldozer with much smaller windows, and hence reduced visibility.

Read Smith's account at:
http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article1284.shtml

Thus, the AP photo and caption fails to note the two most essential factors in determining visibility or lack thereof: 1) Corrie was no longer standing, but had changed to a sitting position, and 2) she was no longer in possession of attention-grabbing megaphone.

When publishing such a photo, AP is obligated to explain details of chronology; in the absence of any information, readers presume that since the bulldozer appears 8-10 feet away from Corrie, the photographer must have snapped the picture moments before the bulldozer hit her.

This photo was published by many of the 15,000 media outlets that AP services. And though the accompanying articles may provide clarifying information, a picture is worth a thousand words. In this case, by not providing a caption that clearly counterbalances the easy "misread," AP has misrepresented Corrie's death and contributed to a worldwide slander of the IDF.

ETC... ETC...

You've been brainwashed!

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2004, 05:36:01 AM »
This is my beef with America, you guys will put the Israeli cause over your own citizens. The power of a dollar.

If Israel attacks us, we'll bomb the shit out of them too.  We put nobody above our own citizens.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2004, 05:37:21 AM »
How you fail to condemn brutal practices of collective punishment is beyond me. That is a huge human rights violation.

The same way you don't condemn what's going on in the countries we invade, so deep is your hatred for our country.