Author Topic: INFO: mIRC-in 1-2-3 - thread copy  (Read 897 times)

Jome

INFO: mIRC-in 1-2-3 - thread copy
« on: July 29, 2002, 12:21:29 PM »
Just keeping it here, because it will get lost in the main forum :D

Here's how to get on mIRC, and download music from either BOTS or F Serves.(F Serves is when people set their computer up to serve files, kinda like WinMX/Kazaa)

Step 1: Download mIRC HERE

Step 2: Install it, follow the instructions.

Step 3: Open up mIRC, and go into the OPTIONS on the left side, choose CONNECT, and go to IRC NETWORK on the right side. Choose EFNET, and in the box below choose a server near your location. (In my case, Aarhus or Oslo)
In the box NICK-NAME, type your prefered name, in my case LiL|Jome.
Choose a unique name, e.g. NOT 2Pac
It could be taken already.

While still in OPTIONS, go to the left again, and find PERFORM under the IRC-option.
Check the box "On Connect, Perform these commands".
In the box you write in the channels you want to join when mIRC starts up, in my case I've written these in:

/join #WestCoastConnection
/join #Nuttermp3z
/join #Rapmp3z

If you want to set your mIRC up to download music, do this:
Still in OPTIONS, go to DCC and see under ON SEND REQUEST.
If you have this set to IGNORE ALL, you will not be able to receive files. Therefore you choose SHOW GET DIALOG, and then you will be asked when someone sends you a file.

NOW HIT OK

Step 4: Now click the CONNECT-button, and you'll be taken to all the channels you have set it up to join.
You can be at dozens of channel at once, and just hit the channel-button to go back and forth from them.
Here you can just talk or download music.

STEP 5: Downloading music
In a channel you can dl music if it's set up to do so.
#Westcoastconnection doesn't usually have music to download, unless you ask in the channel, and then maybe someone will send it to you.
#Nuttermp3z or #Rapmp3z has been set up to serve files, and here you can dowload music from either a F SERVE or a BOT.

NOTE: Asking TOO much, or personal messaging repeated times asking for shit can get you banned from the channel.
!list can also get you banned in some channels.
!List wont get you banned in #Nuttermp3z or #Westcoastconnection though!! But ask TOO much, and you will be kicked or banned.
Normal manners apply.

F SERVES:
To see if a channel contains a F SERVE, type the command
!list
in the channel.
The results will be shown as this:

<LiL|Fame> File Server Online || Triggers:«!Musicvidz || !Albums || !Hot Singles || !Unsorted Music-library || Mofo's still aint banned it» Min:«4 cps» Sends:«3/3» Queues:«6/50» Accessed:«5446 times» Online:«0/10» RCPS:«50.7 Kbs by Triple-X» Served:«59.73GB in 2253 files» Current BW:«50.7 Kbs» AQT:«1hr 5mins» Serving:«275 files» ?I-n-v-i-s-i-o-n?

^^ This is my F SERVE, and here you can DL music from by typing one of the TRIGGERS in the channel.
The triggers here is: !Musicvidz || !Albums || !Hot Singles || !Unsorted Music-library || Mofo's still aint banned it
5 Triggers in all, depending on what you want.

If you want Music-videos e.g. type this trigger in the channel:
!Musicvidz
Now you will be taken to a new window, with all my music-videos.
To see what videos or mp3z I have to offer, type the command
DIR in this new window.
To get a file, type the command: GET <Filename>  
In example:
GET eminem-without_me-svcd-2002-distend-uvz.m2v

Now you will either be sent the music-video, or you will be in the queue to dowload it. You will be in the queue as long as your in the channel.

To get into a folder, let's say I got 2 folders with music-vidz, one called NEW VIDZ and another called OLD VIDZ.
To get into NEW VIDZ, type the command:
CD NEW VIDZ
To see the content of the folder: DIR
to get out of the folder again, type:
cd..

Commands on the F Serve:
cd, ls, dir, read, get, stats, who, sends, queues, clr_queues, terms

Advanced about F Serves: http://urban-videoz.com/fserver.txt

BOTS:
Bots is easier to DL from, as there's just a few commands.
A bot will advertise it's content in the channel, and a ad. might look like this:
<RMZ-DCC83> #1  213x [ 55M] Cormega-The_True_Meaning_(Advance)-2002-CMS

If you want this Cormega advance, you QUERY the actual bot.
This command you give the bot to get this file:
XDCC SEND #1
This will send you pack number 1, which Cormega is here.
You can tell by the ad that this advance is 55 MB big.
If you want to know what a BOT has to offer, QUERY the bot this:
XDCC LIST
Now you can see in the channel what the bot has to offer.

So the most important commands on bots, is
XDCC LIST and XDCC SEND #1 (or 2,3,4 etc.)
And remember to QUERY the bots, not type them in the channel.

- Jome