Author Topic: Starsky & Hutch  (Read 338 times)

Don Seer

Re:Starsky & Hutch
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2004, 03:42:51 AM »
Gotta see this :)

so snoop didnt really suck that bad?

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2004, 05:08:20 AM »
See, I must have a totally different sense of humour than you guys.  

The absolute, lauging my ass off in the movie theatre and people told me to be quiet moment was when they found the floater on the river.  Hutch grabs a stick and says "Oh Man, dont' touch him, the best thing is if we push him back out with this, hopefully he'll float down the river to another precient... the trick is to not pop 'em"

LOL the last line gives the impression he'd done it before.  I was laughing my ass off, I almost had to leave it was so funny, lol.  
[/quotwhat aboute]

haha like did it before and accidently popped him hahaha.

What about "Oh yea I found a wallet too...no money in it at all, nope none." hahah the look on his face was classic.

See, the wallet part wasn't that funny to me, because I expected that.  But the floater part was hilarious, I thought, because I'd never seen that one before.  LOL.

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2004, 05:11:52 AM »
Gotta see this :)

so snoop didnt really suck that bad?

Well, he plays Huggy Bear, a pimp who's like a local Don but is also a police informant.  In some parts Snoop's lines don't sound right, it sounds like it's just totally contrived, but I think a lot of it was them making fun of the T.V. show.  For instance, Starsky is really overboard and gung ho all the time, while Hutch is laid back and breaks the law, etc... well, Hutch and Huggy are good friends, so the first time Starsky meets them, he pulls a gun on everybody and shoots an Iguana Huggy has in his room, shooting the tail off... at first Huggy's like "OH HELL NO" and they're ready to shoot him, but then he's like "Wait a minute; he's an Iguana; he can regenerate his tail, that's how he escapes his predators".... So, a line like that in any other movie would be HORRIBLE... but I think they're kind of making it campy to make fun of the T.V. show's dialogue.  

From about the halfway point on, Snoop's the funniest thing in the movie.  There's a scene where they're putting a wire on him (a 70's wire, it's a huge box with an antenna and a full size microphone taped to his scrawny chest).  That fucker STILL doesn't weigh over about a buck 10.  
« Last Edit: March 11, 2004, 05:12:53 AM by I Just Wasn't Made For These Times »

Don Seer

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2004, 06:43:01 AM »
sounds good.. maybe it'll give snoop a push if he wants to pursue his acting (from interviews it sounds like he does)... in training day, the wash and bones all he seemed to do was pull his 'mean face' or drop a cheesy line :)

ACGRUNDY

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2004, 10:23:59 AM »
I saw it yesterday.  downed some beers in the parking lot and brought some in, which made it better.  I thought it was funny, owen wilson is hilarious.  It wasn't snoops worse role, not like training day or baby boy, but he still sucked.

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2004, 04:00:49 PM »
sounds good.. maybe it'll give snoop a push if he wants to pursue his acting (from interviews it sounds like he does)... in training day, the wash and bones all he seemed to do was pull his 'mean face' or drop a cheesy line :)

Well, Slow your roll, cowboy, I never said he was a good actor, LOLLLLL

Pretty much, in this one, all he does is drop cheesy lines or pull his mean face.  But it works in the movie, lol, that's what I'm saying.  He was alright in it, Im' a fan so of course I liked it, but normal people probably wouldn't care too much for it.  He'll never get any serious roles that I can see.  

A-Trak

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2004, 11:24:27 PM »
not even close to old school

word. but its still an enjoyable flick. plus carmen electra was fine as fuck.  :)

dexter

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2004, 09:24:06 AM »
Good movie! Stop Hating.