Author Topic: Bret Hart Won't be At WrestleManiaXX  (Read 127 times)

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
Bret Hart Won't be At WrestleManiaXX
« on: March 13, 2004, 09:48:19 AM »
Hart won't be at WrestleMania XX

TSN.ca Staff with files
3/13/2004

The biggest WrestleMania of all time will have to make due without one of its biggest superstars of all time.

Bret 'The Hitman' Hart finally squashed the rumours of his return to the event in his weekly column for Saturday's Calgary Sun.

"And as for the rumour I'll be appearing at WrestleMania XX tomorrow at MSG, I want to wish Chris Benoit all the luck in the world and, to all the grapplers, have the time of your lives," wrote Hart.

"I'll be watching, but I won't be there."

Tabloid-style internet wrestling sites have taken the column completely out of context, going so far as to add, "Let's just leave it at that, for now" at the end of Hart's final quote. You can see the full text of the actual column by clicking here on SLAM! Wrestling.

Hart, a 15-year WWE veteran, has not returned to WWE in any capacity since departing for World Championship Wrestling in November 1997. He parted with WWE on unfriendly terms after McMahon set him up to lose his title at the 1997 Survivor Series.

Hart and McMahon have been on amicable speaking terms for the last year and a half, fuelling speculation that the five-time WWE Champion would make one final appearance with the company to give a proper farewell.

The 46-year-old wrestling icon made a company record 12 appearances at WrestleMania, participating in 13 matches. His one-on-one bouts with brother Owen, Shawn Michaels and Stone Cold Steve Austin have been recognized many times over as some of the best in the history of the event.