Author Topic: Trauma's newest miracle sighting  (Read 129 times)

Trauma-san

Trauma's newest miracle sighting
« on: March 16, 2004, 05:58:35 AM »
Girl Survives 45-Foot Fall From Overpass

Tuesday, March 16, 2004

TAMPA, Fla.  — A 12-year-old girl was catapulted through a window in the family's SUV during a two-vehicle crash, and survived a 45-foot fall from a freeway overpass.

Doctors said Amanda Young — who is 4 feet, 3 inches tall and weighs 65 pounds — had to have her spleen removed, and suffered a broken leg and a fractured eye socket after she was tossed from her mother's sport utility vehicle. She was recovering Monday in the pediatric intensive care unit at Tampa General Hospital (search).

"I think almighty God saved her," said the girl's mother, Nancy Young. "What else would you think?"

"I see God's hand lowering her to the ground," added the girl's aunt, Peggy Moss.

Amanda suffers from rickets (search), a disorder that has weakened her bones and delayed her development, her family said. She was adopted at 2 — and is now one of nine children in the household, six of them adopted.

"She's very fragile, but her will to live is not fragile at all," Moss said.

Nancy Young was driving the little girl and two siblings from church Sunday when a car hit the back of Young's vehicle. Amanda, sitting in the third row of seats, was catapulted through one of the car's windows as it rolled and spun, eventually coming to rest teetering over a guard rail.

The two other Young children in the car, brother Joel, 10, and sister Ashelyn, 11, escaped "without a scratch," Nancy Young said. It was not known if Amanda was wearing a seat belt.

The driver of the second car, Joshua Sheppard, 53, was charged with careless driving.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
Re:Trauma's newest miracle sighting
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 06:17:20 AM »
Do you have to consider everything extraordinary and involving weaker people surviving an accident the hand of God?

I'd say you have to put more faith in the human body.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 03:29:14 PM »
^ She has Rickets, and bones that break easily.  LOL, fell 45 feet, didn't die.  I say that's a miracle.  You're just ignorant and don't see it.  

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 03:30:14 PM »
alls i got to say is... how many people had the same situation and died, if ur trieng to proove theres a god becasue a miracle happened, ok, its a fuckin miracle, but how many times was there no miracle, how many times did the little kid die....

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 03:33:52 PM »
WOW.  I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THAT!!! You're right, there's no God.  

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2004, 04:50:28 PM »
I dunno I'm glad she's alive, but you can't live W/O a Spleen, correct?

She has rickets and didn't die...........why didn't she have any type of seat belt or safety harness r something on since she is so very small. ???

-KIDRENEGADE-

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2004, 04:56:04 PM »
I dunno, I wasn't there.  

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2004, 07:05:58 AM »
I'll believe in the hand of God when he personally knocks at my door and proves he's God by bringing back to life every extinct species I name. (Wich will be in the hundreds) If he can do that,and if I'll decide he does exist I'll tell him he's an asshole. If he can let that poor kid survive,why not any other? Rather random,those miracles of yours.

Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

JTSimon

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2004, 08:41:12 AM »
Let me start off by saying I do believe there is a god but in way none of us know...forget jesus/mohammed/adam&eve etc...I say its all bullshit.

In the story they never told us what she landed on...so I really can't decide on whether or not its a miracle.

If I'm not mistaken Tampa, Florida has alot of marshland.

;)

« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 08:42:01 AM by Max Powers »