Author Topic: The Stuff we put kids through, Volume 2  (Read 142 times)

Trauma-san

The Stuff we put kids through, Volume 2
« on: March 17, 2004, 04:51:44 AM »
Again, stuff like this just makes me think, what the hell are we doing to our kids.  Kids shouldn't have to go through this shit.  This kid's 9... look how he strives to survive.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

ADELANTO, California (AP) -- A young boy survived his father's killing spree by playing dead after the man killed his wife and wounded the boy before shooting himself, authorities said.

Aaron Kinard was eating cookies and drinking milk when his father shot him and his mother Sunday. The boy, who turned 9 on Monday, remained motionless on the floor until his father shot and killed himself.

Aaron then rode his bicycle to a family friend's house.

"I saw some blood on his arm, and he told me his parents were both dead, that he saw his dad shoot his mom in the back and then shoot himself in the head," said Blanche Cuccia, one of the neighbors who helped the boy until paramedics and deputies arrived. "He was clearly in shock. It was like he was wanting to cry, but no tears were coming."

San Bernardino County sheriff's investigators said 83-year-old Oscar Lawrence apparently killed the boy's mother, 44-year-old Anita Kinard after an argument.

"The boy was extremely smart. Once he heard the other gunshot and heard his dad fall, he took off running," Sgt. Mitch Dattilo said. "For a kid that age to keep his wits about him in a situation like that is incredible."

The boy was treated for a graze wound and placed in the custody of child-protective services. He may be turned over to an adult sibling who has expressed interest in caring for him, authorities said.

smerlus

Re:The Stuff we put kids through, Volume 2
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 06:23:48 AM »
why you're continuously surprised by these acts is beyond me, you should know by now that thier are great people and there are monsters that walk this planet...when you find a story that completely changes my mind about what the scum of the earth is capable of, then maybe i'll share your ideas, until then these stories are hardly news worthy.

West C. Connected

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 01:02:01 PM »
Wow, that's a real smart kid, I'd probaly be screaming my ass off if I would've heard a gunshot when I was 9.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 02:31:25 PM »
83-year-old Oscar Lawrence apparently killed the boy's mother, 44-year-old Anita Kinard after an argument.

damn thats an age differance..and the kids 9, (do the math, eww)

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 02:49:49 PM »
why you're continuously surprised by these acts is beyond me, you should know by now that thier are great people and there are monsters that walk this planet...when you find a story that completely changes my mind about what the scum of the earth is capable of, then maybe i'll share your ideas, until then these stories are hardly news worthy.

Bullshit.  Just because you've seen 10 million roses doesn't mean a rose is ordinary.  

smerlus

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 08:45:42 PM »
well while you're sitting there smelling every single rose i'll be readying myself for the rose with the gun that kills every other rose bush in the garden

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 09:00:58 PM »
Uh... you dropped the ball on that one, buddy, lol.  I don't get what you mean.  

"Just because you've seen 10 million roses doesn't mean a rose is ordinary"

Just because this stuff happens often doesn't make it any less newsworthy... if it happened to you, your family would think it's newsworthy, and the kid is important as you or I are.  To me it's the intersection of two incredible events.  One, that a man would shoot his wife, his son, and then himself, that's incredible, I can't comprehend that.  Second, that a 9 year old would have the composure and the strength to think that fast, and handle the situation like that, is incredible.

smerlus

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2004, 09:50:58 PM »
1. murders happen all the time
+
2. who knows how anyone will react to that situation
=
no surprise

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2004, 12:56:16 AM »
That really sucks...