Author Topic: 50 cent re doing album so he can make it better then his first MTV NEWS  (Read 686 times)

Trizz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Cant spell the West wit out the ES
  from mtv.com

At least no one can accuse 50 Cent of simply cashing in. The rapper has admitted that he recently aborted sessions for his next solo album because he felt the songs didn't meet the standards set by his debut, Get Rich or Die Tryin'.

"I wanted to come out on the Fourth of July, so I went in and made some records," 50 said on Friday. "And then I went back to listen to Get Rich or Die Tryin'. I said, 'I have to top this [album] in my head. I have to make a lot more records in preparation for [a new LP] than I had for Get Rich.' "

Just as a controversial interview with Playboy magazine hit stands (see "50 Cent Slams Gay Men In Playboy Interview, Says Lesbians Are 'Cool' "), 50 explained that he's aiming to have his solo album out by October. That would mean a nonstop caravan of G-Unit releases between now and then: Lloyd Banks, Young Buck and new G-Unit member Game are all scheduled to have solo albums out by the end of summer.

50 noted that he's not the only one feeling pressure. "There's pressure on [Dr.] Dre, also," he said. "He has to produce a better record for me than 'In Da Club.'

"In three days, I could make a record, 12 songs," 50 boasted. "But I have to make an album that tops what my last album was, so it'll take a lot longer."

—Joseph Patel, with reporting by Jeff Cornell

For more on 50 Cent, check out the MTV News Archive

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Let's just hope he will top GRODT 8)

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
So Game is now a 100% G Unit member??
Damn thats great!!

Peace

"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
ok.

Don Breezio

he felt the songs didn't meet the standards set by his debut, Get Rich or Die Tryin'.

standards? if get rich or die tryin set high standards then i sure wouldnt wanna hear what the shit he has recorded sounds like...

MANBEARPIG.

he felt the songs didn't meet the standards set by his debut, Get Rich or Die Tryin'.

standards? if get rich or die tryin set high standards then i sure wouldnt wanna hear what the shit he has recorded sounds like...

at least we know it cant get any worse this time around. ::)

-KIDRENEGADE-

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
hatas >:(

naw GRODT was ok so if he tops it i'ma prolly buy it

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Just great...Just what I need...To hear everyone talkin about 50 again wherever I go...I hope I don't have to hear 50 Cent radio all day/everyday again either after his album drops...

On The Edge of Insanity

Word, this material must have been beyond horrible.

Trizz

• Muthafuckin' OG
dont worry if it was horrible be happy he kept it real and said "regardless that id sell millions of copies cause of who i am and who im down with i owe it to my fans and to the streets and to my reputation to drop mind blowing shit and i did nice with GRODT but i didnt do nice enough so this time i wanna do it even better"

Give 50 his  respect he's working so hard to please us all
he isnt selfish and greedy like most artists who can care less aslong as there cd goes platinum , 50 wants to be considerd one of the greats one day and will work hard to become one of the best or die trying

GGGGG G UNIT!!!!!!

Don Breezio

Re:50 cent re doing album so he can make it better then his first MTV NEWS
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2004, 08:05:36 PM »

at least we know it cant get any worse this time around. ::)

actually it could very well be worse...remember...50 thinks GRODT was a good album...imagine what he thinks of the one he's making now

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2004, 06:33:16 AM »
I think it's just a promotion-stunt, probably he didn't even record one track for it, but says he has and still wants to do it better, so that everyone is hyped about the album.

But if it's real, thumbs up.

Trizz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2004, 12:38:18 PM »
for those who say its gonna be worse

are you fuckin deaf or somthing he said what he had recorded sucked and HE ERASED IT and is RE DOING THE ALBUM TO MAKE IT BETTER THEN GRODT

Don Breezio

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2004, 12:46:17 PM »
for those who say its gonna be worse

are you fuckin deaf or somthing he said what he had recorded sucked and HE ERASED IT and is RE DOING THE ALBUM TO MAKE IT BETTER THEN GRODT

GRODT SUCKED AND HE THOUGHT THAT WAS GOOD. what we're saying is he has no sense of good music. therefore HIS NEXT ALBUM WILL SUCK TOO...

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2004, 01:24:10 PM »
GRODT SUCKED AND HE THOUGHT THAT WAS GOOD. what we're saying is he has no sense of good music. therefore HIS NEXT ALBUM WILL SUCK TOO...

See thats just stupid.. You are talkin on some shit that you know nothing about.
Im not a 50 fan, but ill sure as fuck give him his chance and wait.

GRODT was nothing great, but it still wasent as horible as some people make..
G Unit album was shit, though..

Peace

"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010