Author Topic: OASIS take it to a whole nother level, lol  (Read 156 times)

Trauma-san

OASIS take it to a whole nother level, lol
« on: March 23, 2004, 08:46:35 PM »
LOL I ain't believing this shit.

If you keep up with Oasis, you know they're working on their next album right now in England.  Well, their drummer got fired a few months back, and Noel Gallagher has been playing drums for them (as well as writing, singing, and playing guitar).  Anyways, they need a drummer so they hired....

wait for it.......

Ringo Starr's son, Zak.  

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:OASIS take it to a whole nother level, lol
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2004, 09:54:33 AM »
ok, pretty big coincidence, their songs aren't hard to play on the drums, nothing really complex, but their music is great though, i'm a fan, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 01:35:36 PM »
LOL...they wanna be The Beatles so bad

Can't be DONE...
Hatesrats 2oooIV

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 05:33:59 PM »
ok, pretty big coincidence, their songs aren't hard to play on the drums, nothing really complex, but their music is great though, i'm a fan, peace.

Coincidence? LOL come on man.  I'm a fan too, and I don't care who their drummer is, I just thought it was funny as shit.  

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 08:17:01 PM »
HAHAHA they argue and fire members sooooo much its hilarious I'm bettin 6 months with Zak then he's goooone!

-KIDRENEGADE-

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2004, 06:04:07 AM »
Well, not really. It hasn't been that bad.  

I dunno all the names, but they started out with

Noel
Liam
Bonehead
Bass Player
Drummer

and recorded "Definately Maybe"

Then, they fired the drummer during the middle of "What's The Story?" becuase they said he sucked.

So they hired a new drummer.  The dude they hired was pretty good, I wouldn't say all his beats are simplistic, he (i'm not lying) studied some ancient indian drumming technique where you can keep 2 different rythms going at the same time, and incorporated it into their songs.  Listen to the drums on "Be Here Now", crazzzzzzy.  

So, then they do "Be Here Now" with the same lineup, and then after Be Here Now and the tours that follow, Bonehead and the bassplayer quit.  They didn't get fired.

So, they hired Gem and a new bassplayer.  They recorded "Standing on the shoulders of Giants" and then recorded "Heathen Chemistry".  

Now their drummer got fired, and they hired Zak.  Zak's actually a good drummer, he toured with The Who on their comeback tour, taking over for Keith Moon.  If you can fill Keith Moon's shoes, you're a damn good drummer.  

Fuck, Ringo was a good drummer.  That's just an urban myth that he wasn't.