Author Topic: Picked up 3 new CDs today  (Read 1017 times)

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Picked up 3 new CDs today
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2004, 12:50:35 AM »
Shit, I ain't bought a cd in months, since like october, and I think it was boo yah tribe.  before that I would usually get an avg of 2 cd's a month.  but I decided that the music industry is fucked and I ain't gonna support it anymore, with very few exceptions.  Shit cd's cost like an avg of $16 these days, and I know the rappers ain't seein but a couple of bucks from that.  Fuck the industry!

I understand where you're comin' from, but getting a lil' is better than gettin' nothing right? And if no one copped the albums then artists would be broke as fuck and would obviously quit rappin'. We ain't tryna have that happen now are we.

ACGRUNDY

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2004, 12:56:17 AM »
Shit, I ain't bought a cd in months, since like october, and I think it was boo yah tribe.  before that I would usually get an avg of 2 cd's a month.  but I decided that the music industry is fucked and I ain't gonna support it anymore, with very few exceptions.  Shit cd's cost like an avg of $16 these days, and I know the rappers ain't seein but a couple of bucks from that.  Fuck the industry!

I understand where you're comin' from, but getting a lil' is better than gettin' nothing right? And if no one copped the albums then artists would be broke as fuck and would obviously quit rappin'. We ain't tryna have that happen now are we.

I don't care, I'm not supporting the industry.  It has ruined music.  and I don't think we ever have to worry about no one copping albums, cause people are always going to buy music.  and it ain't like the albums I buy, actually sell a lot anyways, so my 1 sale isn't gonna make any artist starve.  Don't blame me man, blame the industry.  I own well over 250 cd's and I have had over 50 stolen.  300 cd's x $15 = $4500, well over the amount of money most people in the world have spent on cd's.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2004, 02:01:59 AM »
Last I picked up Kanye West & Rouca da 5'9" - Death Is Certain. But I got Suga Free's Street Gospel & Quik's Safe + Sound in the mail on their way over here. Can't find those here, so had to import, and that's pretty expensive. But I love this shit, so why not spend money on it.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2004, 05:50:02 AM »
î've ordered

The Children Of The Corn Album
Ill Bill Is The Future
The Big L Freestyle History

from sandbox, but it's gonna take a while.

last i bought was

The Coup - Party Music
Royce 5'9'' - Death Is Certain
David Banner - Mta 2: Baptized In Dirty Water
Blackstar (finally found a OG of this)

mauzip

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2004, 12:23:51 PM »
the last cd i picked up was sarah connor's last album ::)

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2004, 03:50:41 PM »
Last week I picked up:
Ras Kass - Rassination
Killah Priest - View from Masada
DJ Quik - Balance & Options
Paris - Sleeping With The Enemy

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2004, 08:13:50 PM »
Last albums I picked up were:
Westside Connection - Terrorist Threats
Kanye West - The College Dropout

Don Breezio

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2004, 10:35:10 PM »
i just picked up:

Pete Rock & CL Smooth - The Good Life: The Best Of...
Boo Ya Tribe - West Koasta Nostra
Papa Roach - Potatoes For Christmas
Papa Roach - Infest
Lord Tariq & Peter Gunz - Make It Reign
Dru Hill - Enter The Dru
Mobb Deep - Murda Muzik
Sisqo - Unleash The Dragon

....ahhhh....i love used cds.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2004, 07:44:01 AM »
^^ and you got time to listen to all of those? or are u the type to look at ur cds and realize a year ago you bought sum shit u still ain't listened to?

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2004, 09:07:38 AM »
^^ and you got time to listen to all of those? or are u the type to look at ur cds and realize a year ago you bought sum shit u still ain't listened to?
That would be me.

Don Breezio

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2004, 10:13:18 PM »

my mom says the same shit to me..."how do you have time to listen to all of those"....have you ever thought about the obvious fact that im not going to listen to them all in a day. i listen to what i feel like...i listen to every cd in my collection...i weed out everything i dont listen to.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2004, 03:31:42 AM »

my mom says the same shit to me..."how do you have time to listen to all of those"....have you ever thought about the obvious fact that im not going to listen to them all in a day. i listen to what i feel like...i listen to every cd in my collection...i weed out everything i dont listen to.

yeah, of course u don't listen to all of them the same day, but u listed 20 cd' and said u'd picked em up in one week. now if that's ur average u got 2,857 new cd's a day to listen to and i really wouldn't have time to listen to that much

soopadoopaflykid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Iguess
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2004, 07:47:24 AM »
I picked up the 2nd II None cd and Kanye

Don Breezio

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2004, 12:15:52 PM »

yeah, of course u don't listen to all of them the same day, but u listed 20 cd' and said u'd picked em up in one week. now if that's ur average u got 2,857 new cd's a day to listen to and i really wouldn't have time to listen to that much

you also missed the part where i said i got my tax return...which means i had lots of extra money. i dont buy cds that often but im tired of downloading so i buy my shit now and i have the money to do it so i will. i only have probably 300 cds.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2004, 12:39:38 PM »
aight. i was jus wonderin