Author Topic: Whats wrong with Backpackers?  (Read 670 times)

MANBEARPIG.

Whats wrong with Backpackers?
« on: March 18, 2004, 03:31:22 PM »
seriously, seems like they are getting a bad rep here, so what are some of ya'll reasons for having a negative view towards backpack hip-hop?  Is it a thing that most of them are white or what?  I'd like to know.

-KIDRENEGADE-

Don Seer

Re:Whats wrong with Backpackers?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 03:38:07 PM »
no. its because they think they know more than everyone else and turn their noses up at whats not 'in'

in reality i think there are 2 types of backpackers.. those who are truely backpackers.

and fake fashion kiddie groupies. fuck em.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 04:38:02 PM »
check my sig...  I think they are ruining hip hop...SPittin suburbs shit

The Watcher

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 05:11:19 PM »
how do you classify someone as a 'backpacker' ? always wondered that. is it by music/attitude, or simply cause they carry a backpack?
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Don Breezio

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 06:42:15 PM »
^^ its simply because they are white, dont have poppy beats, and arent in the mainstream...how else would u explain terms like "nerd rap" when people talk about atmosphere...who was it..i cant remember the mf but somebody said on here a few weeks ago "i can't stand fuckin space rap...fuck slug" or some shit like that...well if you can find me one line from slug that qualify's as space rap then ill stfu and agree w/ u.

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 08:49:00 PM »
Nothing

SGV

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 09:56:04 PM »
Fuckin' Luke. Stop trying to claim all Backpackers are white. You're a lame when it comes to this shit homie. C'mon man, always trying to paint it like Whites catch all the flack.

Cats like Busdriver, Mr. Lif, Brother Ali, MF Doom, Madlib, Murs, Hiero, Riddlore etc. I consider Backpackers. Let me clue you into a little secret young Luke. They're Black. But, yo, you didn't hear that from me. We ALL know that Backpackers are White.  ::)

Most Backpack cats come with weak voices, have a limited amount of topics(mainly focus on Battle Raps and nothing else), they detest ALL mainstream music and various other lame things. For the most part, it's not the Backpack rappers, it's the fans. Just like in any case, the fans ALWAYS give a bad rap to the artists. Backpack Rap fans are horrible.

Don Breezio

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2004, 10:01:46 PM »
Fuckin' Luke. Stop trying to claim all Backpackers are white. You're a lame when it comes to this shit homie. C'mon man, always trying to paint it like Whites catch all the flack.

Cats like Busdriver, Mr. Lif, Brother Ali, MF Doom, Madlib, Murs, Hiero, Riddlore etc. I consider Backpackers. Let me clue you into a little secret young Luke. They're Black. But, yo, you didn't hear that from me. We ALL know that Backpackers are White.  ::)

Most Backpack cats come with weak voices, have a limited amount of topics(mainly focus on Battle Raps and nothing else), they detest ALL mainstream music and various other lame things. For the most part, it's not the Backpack rappers, it's the fans. Just like in any case, the fans ALWAYS give a bad rap to the artists. Backpack Rap fans are horrible.

most of the artists you listed don't have a bad rep on this board at all...its artists like atmosphere, buck 65, sage francis, etc...that get a bad rep...now lemme clue you in on something...their white!

im not saying people are racist im just saying that for the most part there is the conception in hip hop that white guys dont have what it takes to rap unless they bring some poppy shit (eminem, bubba sparxxx, eamon)

if people wanna call the artists you listed backpackers then cool...thats all good...i dont belive in using Sub-Genre's (if thats a word)...but whatever some people do. what i hate is when people say shit thats totally ignorant like "I hate Space rap"...these are also the same people who love canibus. most of the backpacking shit is nowhere near "Space Rap" or "Nerd Rap"

Suga Foot

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2004, 10:08:28 PM »
I agree with SGV, the artists are fine.  I hate the Backpack fans.  They're just fuckin losers.

SGV

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2004, 10:10:39 PM »
Take out Murs and Hiero. The rest are rarely talked about here. They don't have a bad rep because they don't have much of a rep, period. Atmosphere is brought up often, that's why they got a bad rep. Sage Francis, I rarely see his name here. Buck 65, too(you're the only one bringing that cat up). Stop trying to make this a race thing man. You're on some lame shit.

White boys who can bust: Paul Wall, 3rd Bass, Beastie Boys, Sav C, Mista CaNe, Bubba Sparxxx, Eminem, Copywrite. There's more, but I'm not even gonna list them all. Stop fuckin' crying, emo-ass muthafucka. I thought I told you to man the fuck up. No wonder you bump Atmosphere.

Don Breezio

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2004, 10:15:15 PM »
Take out Murs and Hiero. The rest are rarely talked about here. They don't have a bad rep because they don't have much of a rep, period. Atmosphere is brought up often, that's why they got a bad rep. Sage Francis, I rarely see his name here. Buck 65, too(you're the only one bringing that cat up). Stop trying to make this a race thing man. You're on some lame shit.

White boys who can bust: Paul Wall, 3rd Bass, Beastie Boys, Sav C, Mista CaNe, Bubba Sparxxx, Eminem, Copywrite. There's more, but I'm not even gonna list them all. Stop fuckin' crying, emo-ass muthafucka. I thought I told you to man the fuck up. No wonder you bump Atmosphere.

why you comin with this emo ass mothafucka shit? you know damn well i like all types of music. i like the so-called back pack hip hop...i also listen to warren g, r. kelly, sublime, usher, korn, disturbed, paul oakenfold, wyclef, REM, and Red hot chili peppers...i dont think that makes me an "emo ass muthafucka"...considering i listen to everything.

the fact is its harder for a white dude to make it in rap than it is for a black dude...its harder for a latino dude to make it in rap than it is for a black dude...and probably a white dude. the fact is in rap black is accepted...everything else is analyzed horribly...probably the same reason that ice cube can make "cave bitch" and be cool but eminem makes a song about an ex-girlfriend and he's automatically the leader of the KKK

Doggystylin

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2004, 10:23:08 PM »
to say somethin like "no wonder your not man enough, you listen to atmosphere", is just straight up stupid and childish as fuck

"no wonder your in jail for fuckin a 14 year old, you listen to r kelly"  ::)

Don Breezio

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2004, 10:25:04 PM »
to say somethin like "no wonder your not man enough, you listen to atmosphere", is just straight up stupid and childish as fuck

"no wonder your in jail for fuckin a 14 year old, you listen to r kelly"  ::)

LMFAO

SGV

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2004, 10:32:24 PM »
Read this Doggy, it's about you, too.------> You're an emo-ass muthfucka because you're gettin' emotional, not based on your music. You show female traits man. Make sure you still packin' because sometimes it don't seem like it.

In rap, today, it's very easy for a White to make it. White rappers are in style. Paint Eminem black, he's Chino XL, Pharoahe Monch, Ras Kass. Paint one of them White, they're Eminem. It's that simple. Listen to what Murs said man:

"I feel I should have the same scans the White rappers have/It's sad, but that's the way it is/What's the reason that my album doesn't sell like his?/Don't front like you don't know why the hell that is/It's because he's white, you can relate to his face/Through the years you been taught that black is unsafe/Plus it's only natural for you own to be imbraced/Conscious or Sub-Conscious you can't say that ain't the case/Only reason it took so long to take place was, up until now your only choice was 3rd Bass/For others like Ice wasn't reall that tight/Now you got some white dudes who can truely rock the mic/You relate to those stories cuz you share that past...."

And remember, Hip Hop was started by Blacks. It is still considered Black music. It's like going to a KKK rally and bashing whites because they're bashing blacks. Who's the idiot? The one bashing the whites, why? Because you should know your surroundings. If you're doing Black music, the term "Nigger" shouldn't leave your lips. It's senseless. A majority of Minorities don't give a mad fuck if someone is racist towards Whites for the fact that Whites were racist towards us. That's why Cube can make "Cave Bitch" and Em can't say the "N-Word."
« Last Edit: March 18, 2004, 10:33:36 PM by SGV(Check The Sig) »

Don Breezio

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2004, 10:38:34 PM »
lmao when did this line come into play:

Minorities don't give a mad fuck if someone is racist towards Whites for the fact that Whites were racist towards us.

last i knew you werent black bud so stop acting like you are. the fact is when it comes to white people in rap theres a double standard. the only way for a white person in rap to succeed is to do something horribly radio friendly. think about their breakthrough hits:

Eminem - My Name Is
Bubba Sparxxx - Ugly
Eamon - Fuck It (I Don't Want You Back)

all of them got played more times in a day than most black rappers get played in a week. if you're white the only way to succeed in rap is to have a poppy ass single that will play on the radio.