Author Topic: Whats wrong with Backpackers?  (Read 690 times)

Doggystylin

Re:Whats wrong with Backpackers?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2004, 10:41:30 PM »
i read that, and you had some points in there, but all 4 paragraphs mean nothing to me. im not even in this argument, i just came in to point out something stupid you said, simple as that, im not mad or happy, i just simply dont give a fuck. i can care less what you think of the music i listen to, if i like it, im gonna listen to it man. you might suggest somethin to me and ill check it, but if i dont like it, i dont go out writing essays about how horrible it is, i just leave it alone. now keep that emo callin shit out of my face.

Don Breezio

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2004, 10:41:38 PM »
LMFAO @ i show female traits...ok lets think about this...i show female traits why? because i get emotional over stuff...umm...hey buddy...THATS HUMAN TRAITS! you look like bubba sparxxx and i dont call you a "fat trailer ass muthafucka"

SGV

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2004, 10:48:36 PM »
lmao when did this line come into play:

Minorities don't give a mad fuck if someone is racist towards Whites for the fact that Whites were racist towards us.

last i knew you werent black bud so stop acting like you are.
Minorities homie. Who mentioned blacks? You. I brought up Minorities. That's what I am. And that's who started Hip Hop. Blacks and Puerto Ricans. C'mon.

the fact is when it comes to white people in rap theres a double standard. the only way for a white person in rap to succeed is to do something horribly radio friendly. think about their breakthrough hits:

Eminem - My Name Is
Bubba Sparxxx - Ugly
Eamon - Fuck It (I Don't Want You Back)

all of them got played more times in a day than most black rappers get played in a week. if you're white the only way to succeed in rap is to have a poppy ass single that will play on the radio.
Eamon is Rap? LMAO. Due, stop!!!! The fact is "Ugly" was far from "horribly radio friendly." The beat was sick, it wasn't on some "Real Slim Shady"/"Country Grammar" shit. It wasn't anything that people would label as "generic" or "poppy." Fact is, Nelly, Snoop, Jay, Chingy, J.Kwon, all these BLACK artists come with generic radio friendly tracks and blow up. When they drop tracks that aren't radio friendly, they fail. The fact is Lucas, you have to bring a Radio Friendly track to blow up, black or white.

Man, usually, I'm the one saving you in threads. I guess Doggy is trying to play Captain Save A Hoe tonight. I said that statement because Luke seems to always be whining about this thing and that thing, it's emotional. Since you're not apart of this convo, Doggy, don't try to be.

I'm proud to look like a succesful rapper, as opposed to a Disney character. Goofy ass foo.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2004, 10:49:25 PM by SGV(Check The Sig) »

Doggystylin

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2004, 10:58:14 PM »
man, i said what i wanted to, just deal with it man, why do you have to make a big deal out of everything, if i have somethin to say then ima say it, and i dont know how you see this thread, but i think your the one gettin emotional callin me a captain, lol

Don Breezio

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2004, 11:00:27 PM »

Minorities don't give a mad fuck if someone is racist towards Whites for the fact that Whites were racist towards us.

last i knew you werent black bud so stop acting like you are.
Minorities homie. Who mentioned blacks? You. I brought up Minorities. That's what I am. And that's who started Hip Hop. Blacks and Puerto Ricans. C'mon.

the fact is when it comes to white people in rap theres a double standard. the only way for a white person in rap to succeed is to do something horribly radio friendly. think about their breakthrough hits:

Eminem - My Name Is
Bubba Sparxxx - Ugly

all of them got played more times in a day than most black rappers get played in a week. if you're white the only way to succeed in rap is to have a poppy ass single that will play on the radio.
Eamon is Rap? LMAO. Due, stop!!!! The fact is "Ugly" was far from "horribly radio friendly." The beat was sick, it wasn't on some "Real Slim Shady"/"Country Grammar" shit. It wasn't anything that people would label as "generic" or "poppy." Fact is, Nelly, Snoop, Jay, Chingy, J.Kwon, all these BLACK artists come with generic radio friendly tracks and blow up. When they drop tracks that aren't radio friendly, they fail. The fact is Lucas, you have to bring a Radio Friendly track to blow up, black or white.

Man, usually, I'm the one saving you in threads. I guess Doggy is trying to play Captain Save A Hoe tonight. I said that statement because Luke seems to always be whining about this thing and that thing, it's emotional. Since you're not apart of this convo, Doggy, don't try to be.

I'm proud to look like a succesful rapper, as opposed to a Disney character. Goofy ass foo.

ugly was horribly radio friendly...i still can't stand that track and i havent heard it in a year or two. tracks that arent radio friendly fail?

Jay-Z - What More Can I Say?
DMX - Ruff Ryders Anthem
Nelly - Country Grammar

i dont consider those radio friendly tracks...country grammer was pretty damn gangsta if you listen to the lyrics. i didnt consider ruff ryders anthem radio friendly when i first heard it...i never thought it would blow like it did...i still dont consider anything on the black album radio friendly except the two songs done by the neptunes.

some other artists who put out tracks regularly that arent radio friendly and still sell:

Nas, Wu-Tang, Ice Cube, Busta (or used to), Dr. Dre, Wyclef

everyone of these artists has had singles be succesful from tracks that were not radio friendly.

i consider eamon R&B but i was generalizing him in there because he's the only white R&B singer i know of.

SGV

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2004, 11:11:26 PM »
Doggy: Don't concern yourself if you don't want to be belittled. Simple as that. Move on.

Lucas: Nobody listened to the "Country Grammar" lyrics. Why? Because the beat was "poppy" and it sounded like a riddle.

"What More Can I Say" has an "R & B"-ish hook, which in todays Hip Hop world, is "pop" and or "radio friendly."

"Ruff Ryders Anthem" had a very catchy hook, which makes it "radio friendly."

You're bringing up Dre and Cube like they've released any new Solos lately. All of Cubes last singles have been "Radio friendly." In the Early to Mid 90s shit was different.

When was the last Wu successful single?

Doggystylin

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2004, 11:16:21 PM »
shit nigga....

Don Breezio

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2004, 11:16:23 PM »

When was the last Wu successful single?

2001 w/ Uzi

not that long ago...sorry bud  ::)

SGV

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2004, 11:18:55 PM »
LMAO! Yea, that track was EVERYWHERE buddy! I remember turning on the radio and hearing it everyday. I remember TRL retiring the video. I remember that track being on 106 n Park everyday!! LMAO. Really man? Are you serious? I'm questioning your knowledge now man.

After that horrible comment, I'm bouncing. LMAO. Step ya game up Lucas.

ACGRUNDY

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2004, 11:19:59 PM »

last i knew you werent black bud so stop acting like you are. the fact is when it comes to white people in rap theres a double standard. the only way for a white person in rap to succeed is to do something horribly radio friendly. think about their breakthrough hits:

Eminem - My Name Is
Bubba Sparxxx - Ugly

Jesus christ dude, do you ever know what you are talking about?  The only way for anyone to succeed in rap, regardless of color or race is to make something horribly radio friendly.  THATS HOW THEY BECOME SUCCESSFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Name me one black rapper that has come out since 2000 that has been successful without any wack ass commercial sellout crap on the radio, or because they were brought up by someone huge such as dre, snoop, eminem, jay z etc, and even then they still usually have a lot of super radio friendly tracks.  Now I ain't sayin everything on the radio is crap, but 95% of the new rap on the radio today is crap imo.

Don Breezio

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2004, 11:24:56 PM »
alright then fuck the radio lets go this route...theres different levels of success too...i would say you guys have proved me wrong on the radio part so fuck it...im cool with it. but then you got artists like royce da 59, common, fredro starr, mos def, noreaga, mobb deep, sticky fingaz, etc...who sell enough units to keep them set for life...they may not be all over the radio but they are still successful.

then you got a ton of underground rappers who arent doin shit...sure theres a ton of black underground rappers not doin shit either...but there are no rappers that are white that are in the category of artists i listed above.

SGV

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2004, 11:29:26 PM »
LMAO. Luke, what's your deal? Paul Wall, King J.C., Haystak, El-P, Copywrite, High & Mighty, Cage, and tons more. I can go on for days. These are all White rappers who do well. They got a good fan base, they stay releasing material like the Black rappers you named. Just stop.

Now I'm going to sleep.

Don Breezio

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2004, 11:38:29 PM »
LMAO. Luke, what's your deal? Paul Wall, King J.C., Haystak, El-P, Copywrite, High & Mighty, Cage, and tons more. I can go on for days. These are all White rappers who do well. They got a good fan base, they stay releasing material like the Black rappers you named. Just stop.

Now I'm going to sleep.

dude all those guys are underground as hell.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2004, 11:46:38 PM »
Oh the real, it's just as hard for blacks as it is for whites. You need to stop this argument because you are not getting now where. You can never understand what you are arguing, and honestly, you need to claim the fuck down.

Lets look at this. Vanilla Ice, Beastie Boys, Eminem, all more famous than what the times call for. For blacks to be famous, they too have to sell their souls to the lable. Xzibit wasn't platnum until Restless, Nas with If I Rule The World, DMX was all over the place before he came out and created his own buzz with being on Bad Boy songs. Ma$e was a sell out, and most every platnum black artist now had to sell out. You going to tell me Busta Rhymes first solo single wasn't radio friendly, Whooha Got You All In Check. Black artist can't sell without a catchy hook, and a video full of naked girls. They sold out the art to sell. We can get into a deep, deep racial discusion on just that alone. but honestly, don't waste your time, because you can never understand. I'll leave you with this, most backpackers I know are black college students, with Asians coming in at a close second. Most like rappers like Canibus, like Atmosphere, like Royce, like Murs, like Common, Mos Def, and hell, many like Kanye West now who is a backpack rapper that has radio friendly singles like Slow Jam. You can never fully know the argument you take because the battle in hip-hop has never been about white vs black. Hip-hop is a universal race culture. The battle is between real and sell out. Until you realize that, you can never understand the true battle in hip-hop. Peace.

Don Breezio

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2004, 11:54:53 PM »
saying blacks had to sell their soul is retarded considering blacks started hip hop. every white rapper that has ever come into rap has caught a load of shit for being white. the beasties dont make music very often anymore...vanilla ice was corny as fuck and im glad he doesnt rap anymore, eminem will probably be washed up sooner than we think.

even white rap fans catch crap....where i live most people listen to either country or rock...i listen to everything but people focus in on the fact that i love rap and they act like im some fuckin wigger...the fact is in today's society its becoming unnacceptable to rap or even listen to rap if your white.