Author Topic: Erick Sermon  (Read 253 times)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Erick Sermon
« on: March 20, 2004, 08:28:35 AM »
Just wondering what's happening with him cause I haven't heard about him lately,when is his new album comin out?And what y'all think about him?

N-Sane Brain

Re:Erick Sermon
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 10:55:44 AM »
I don't know the exact date, but his new album is supposed to drop this summer. Here's the link to the video of his first single: http://boss.streamos.com/real/universalmotown/universal/erick_sermon/video/00_relentless.ram. A very unusual single for E Dub, not really commercial, just him spittin' about his projects non-stop without a hook.

I really like "The Green Eyed Bandit", I think people have to like him just for the fact he's a member of one of the greatest crews of all time: EPMD (although the Def Squad is great too). I prefer PMD on the mic, but Erick Sermon has skills too and I love his productions.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 12:56:38 PM »
Thx for the info & link.I watched the video & I've gotta say I'm really dissapointed,tight lyrics,but the beat is wack.Not enough that he made this song he's also makin this his first single for his album.Fuck.Fuck the single,I know his album is gonna be better than this one song.

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2004, 02:16:19 PM »
I rather see him work on a Def Squad album or another EPMD album instead of making these solos.

An EPMD LP was supposed to be in the works last year but I haven't heard about that in a long time.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2004, 05:30:26 AM »
...I've gotta say I'm really dissapointed,tight lyrics,but the beat is wack.Not enough that he made this song he's also makin this his first single for his album.Fuck.Fuck the single,I know his album is gonna be better than this one song...

I thought exactly the same, that's why I said it's "a very unusual single for E Dub", but on the other hand it's good to see that somebody who became a mainstream-artist with the years shits on the sales and releases a single with dope lyrics instead of a club-hit. I'm sure he'll have enough of these party-tracks on his album, so it'll be a normal E Dub album, the only difference is that he released a non-club-hit as single. Good move in my opinion.

...I rather see him work on a Def Squad album or another EPMD album instead of making these solos...

Agreed.

West C. Connected

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2004, 05:51:33 AM »
...I've gotta say I'm really dissapointed,tight lyrics,but the beat is wack.Not enough that he made this song he's also makin this his first single for his album.Fuck.Fuck the single,I know his album is gonna be better than this one song...

I thought exactly the same, that's why I said it's "a very unusual single for E Dub", but on the other hand it's good to see that somebody who became a mainstream-artist with the years shits on the sales and releases a single with dope lyrics instead of a club-hit. I'm sure he'll have enough of these party-tracks on his album, so it'll be a normal E Dub album, the only difference is that he released a non-club-hit as single. Good move in my opinion.

Or not, seeing as club hits USUALLY (bad example: Joe Budden) sell good.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2004, 09:48:39 AM »

...I rather see him work on a Def Squad album or another EPMD album instead of making these solos...

Agreed.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2004, 09:54:02 AM »
Releasing this song as his first single was just keepin it real cause it ain't commercial but the thing is,is that I don't like the beat.I hope it grows on me.

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2004, 10:27:53 AM »
Releasing this song as his first single was just keepin it real cause it ain't commercial but the thing is,is that I don't like the beat.I hope it grows on me.

You're right, the beat is kinda strange, but I like it.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2004, 12:56:24 PM »
It's pretty much the same too,it keeps on repeating & repeating,know what I mean?