Author Topic: Palestinians: Hamas founder killed in airstrike  (Read 751 times)

JTSimon

Palestinians: Hamas founder killed in airstrike
« on: March 21, 2004, 08:56:42 PM »

Hide the kids because its about to go down  :o

(CNN) -- Hamas founder and spiritual leader Sheikh Ahmed Yassin was
killed in an apparent airstrike by Israeli forces Monday morning as he was being driven from a mosque, Hamas and Palestinian security sources told CNN.

Five others were killed in the strike, sources said.

Yassin's car and the cars carrying his bodyguards were hit by three rockets as they left the mosque after prayers.

Thousands of angry Palestinians gathered around his minutes after the attack, calling for revenge against Israel.

In September, Yassin, who used a wheelchair, was lightly wounded in an Israeli missile strike in Gaza City. At the time he vowed "jihad will continue."

Thousands of Palestinian Hamas supporters marched through the streets in support of Yassin after the strike last year.

Yassin founded Hamas in 1987, during the Palestinian intifada. Hamas is a fundamentalist Islamic organization whose military wing, Izzedine al Qassam, has carried out attacks on Israeli civilian and military targets. The U.S. State Department and Israel consider Hamas a terrorist organization.

An Israeli court convicted Yassin in 1989 of ordering Hamas members to kidnap and kill two Israeli soldiers.

He was sentenced to life in prison, but was freed in 1997 under the terms of a deal arranged by the late King Hussein of Jordan, who asked Israel to release Yassin in exchange for two Israeli Mossad agents, who attempted to assassinate Khalid Mishaal, a Hamas leader in Jordan.

The Palestinian Authority has placed Yassin under house arrest on a number of occasions since his release, most recently in December, 2001, after a series of terror attacks that killed 25 Israelis.

That detention triggered demonstrations and clashes with Palestinian police.

Yassin was born in 1938 in what was then the British mandate of Palestine. His family became refugees in Gaza during the violence that followed Israel's creation in 1948.

On September 15, twin suicide bombings jointly claimed by Hamas and Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades killed 10 people in the Israeli port city of Ashdod.

Immediately after the terrorist bombings, Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon canceled a planned meeting with Palestinian Prime Minister Ahmed Qorei.

The scheduled talks were an attempt to revive the so-called "road map" to Mideast peace.

The plan, backed by the United States, European Union, United Nations and Russia, calls for steps by both sides aimed at ending the conflict and establishing an independent Palestinian state by 2005.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/03/21/yassin/index.html

Trauma-san

Re:Palestinians: Hamas founder killed in airstrike
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2004, 09:22:12 PM »
Fuck him.  

smerlus

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2004, 09:30:02 PM »
it's a shame when terrorists can't even go for a nice sunday drive after praying to allah.

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 10:04:28 PM »
I dunno why this is even newsworthy.  If anything, it oughta read "bastard finally gets sent to hell"

JTSimon

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2004, 10:13:33 PM »
I dunno why this is even newsworthy.  If anything, it oughta read "bastard finally gets sent to hell"

lol I bet you don't know anything about Sheikh Ahmed Yassin other than the word terrorist  ;)

Here you go...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheikh_Ahmed_Yassin

« Last Edit: March 21, 2004, 10:17:48 PM by Tecca Nina »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2004, 12:52:56 AM »
YAYYYY!

infinite59

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2004, 05:49:02 AM »
May Allah send his mercy and blessings upon the poor and oppressed people of Palestine dying everyday.  They appear weak and have little power against an Isreali force with tanks and bombs and control over major media outlets.  Bless brother Sheikh Ahmed Yassin and those who defend the oppressed people of this Earth.  La Hawla Quwata Illah Billah.  (There is no might or power except with Allah)

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2004, 06:01:27 AM »
LOL  How much damage has this asshole done in the name of your religion?  You people that defend people like this are so fucking ignorant, it's amazing.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2004, 07:55:42 AM »
killing him was a bad move, its just gonna fuck the peace process up even more. it has recieved world wide condemnation with the exception of america funnily enough. america needs to change its policy towards israel and forget about those jewish lobbyists, israel wouldn't do half the shit it does if didn't know america was on their side.

btw Lebanon have responded by attacking israel military positions on their boarder, and that was just a couple of hours after.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2004, 10:06:20 AM »
"btw Lebanon have responded by attacking israel military positions on their boarder, and that was just a couple of hours after."

u make it sound like it was the Lebanese army when in fact it was the Hizzballah , they probably launched a couple of "Katiouchas"

but i wouldn't be too worried , what i love about my "arab brothers" is that they'll get worked up about something , they'll write speaches and go to protests screaming stuff like "jihad" and "death to Israel" then a couple of days later they'll forget all about it . there'll probably be a heavy number of suicide bombers in Palestine in the next couple of weeks then it'll die down as it always does
Most Arabs are all talk and very few actually do shit , and thank God for that

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2004, 10:45:39 AM »
sorry i didn't know much about that there wasn't much about it on the news.

but at the end of the day almost all of israel is on land either illegally siezed or baught illegally. for those who don't know Israel didn't even exist untill 1948 it was simply called palestine! where arabs had a definate majority, there were only a few jews there but not that many. The jews have basically taken what they want thru the use of force, taking away land which has belonged to palestine for a thousand years. It seems most ppl forget this, its no wonder they have to resort to suicide bombers when they face the more powerful jews in israel. Its a shame that the British had such a large hand in setting up Israel, its one of the dark points of our past.

on a side note this lost me over £500 today as share prices fell around the world and this news was a major factor in this, and in the last week n a half i lost a further £900 due to all the shit which has been going on. i hope it gets better soon.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2004, 10:55:54 AM by Don Rizzle »

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Seer

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2004, 11:11:56 AM »
so why does america support it while we condemn it?

because of the power of jews in american politics?

JTSimon

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2004, 02:54:03 PM »
so why does america support it while we condemn it?

because of the power of jews in american politics?

Yes that and they need a strong ally in that area of the world.

Yeah the British Empire really fucked up on Israel/Palestine and Iraq/Kuwait.

JTSimon

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2004, 03:16:09 PM »

but i wouldn't be too worried , what i love about my "arab brothers" is that they'll get worked up about something , they'll write speaches and go to protests screaming stuff like "jihad" and "death to Israel" then a couple of days later they'll forget all about it . there'll probably be a heavy number of suicide bombers in Palestine in the next couple of weeks then it'll die down as it always does
Most Arabs are all talk and very few actually do shit , and thank God for that

::)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2004, 03:19:52 PM by Tecca Nina »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2004, 03:54:49 PM »
When the whole world (including the Arabs) turned their backs on Palestine, Shiekh Yassin stood up for them, the only one who fought back, so I could care less how he fought, way to go pigs, kill a crippled blind man.

I hope to God HAMAS strikes hard

RIP
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll