Author Topic: So Latinos Can't Speak Spanish In America Anymore?  (Read 2084 times)

SGV

So Latinos Can't Speak Spanish In America Anymore?
« on: March 21, 2004, 11:10:59 PM »
Cats like this is why I people hate Whites. Me and my boys roll up to some Donut spot that my homie wanted to hit. We're chillin' in line just clownin' and we happen to be talkin' in Spanish. This muthafucka, who had no idea who we were or even knew what we were talkin' about jumps in. He was questioning what we were saying because he "didn't understand." At first we just laughed in his face, we didn't know he was being serious. He starts going off about how we should speak English, this that and the other. I told him "So what if we speak Spanish? This(California) used to Mexico, so we speak Spanish here." He replies with the ignorant "Well go speak that in your country." I hit him off with the whole "This is my country" shit. My boy broke it down by letting this shit head know, anyone that is NOT Native American is, in reality, a Wetback here in the states. This muthafucka had nothing to say back. He kept his mouth shut the rest of the time. Fuckin' punk ass muthafuckas.

Don Breezio

Re:So Latinos Can't Speak Spanish In America Anymore?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2004, 11:13:42 PM »
yeah...i dont' have a problem with people speaking the language they want to....but what i hate is when people come to america and don't even bother to learn english...that just makes it hard as fuck for everybody...i have a lot of mexicans that come into my work and went to my school who had been here for years and really didn't know a fuckin word of english...then they had the nerve to take spanish as a fuckin course and get credit for it.

ACGRUNDY

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2004, 11:14:16 PM »
it was probably NIK and he probably was just looking for some extasy for him and his boyfriend.  You shoulda just given him some advil and he woulda believed you.

SGV

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 11:16:39 PM »
Luke: Ever thought that most people who come here from Mexico or other Latin American countries RARELY speak English when at home or among friends? I know plenty of people like that, it's hard to learn a new language when all you hear all day everyday is Spanish.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2004, 11:20:18 PM »
word, I got no problem with people speaking apanish but dammit I have a problem with them speaking spanish loud as fuck! projecting their conversation to everyone around, that is just rude and/or inconsiderate

-KIDRENEGADE-

Don Breezio

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2004, 11:22:22 PM »
Luke: Ever thought that most people who come here from Mexico or other Latin American countries RARELY speak English when at home or among friends? I know plenty of people like that, it's hard to learn a new language when all you hear all day everyday is Spanish.

but that shouldn't stop them from learning the language. nomatter where you go in america you're most likely going to be dealing with somebody who speaks english. therefore you should know the language. i also think that americans should atleast take one other language in school...i know the fact that i can speak spanish (or used to be able too...can't remember a lot of shit now lol) but it helped a lot at my job.

Don Breezio

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2004, 11:22:46 PM »
it was probably NIK and he probably was just looking for some extasy for him and his boyfriend.  You shoulda just given him some advil and he woulda believed you.

do you ever post anything thats not about NIK?

ACGRUNDY

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2004, 11:29:53 PM »

Never, unless its about gay music.

Don Breezio

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2004, 11:33:37 PM »

Never, unless its about gay music.

well as long as we have that straight.

SGV

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2004, 11:33:58 PM »
Since when did Luk become NIK's protector? LMAO.

Anyway, Latinos are quickly becoming the majority in the Southwest and are we're spreading. Spanish should be recognized as one of our languages because, well, America has no set language. There is not "National Language," in America. People ASSUME it's English, but it's not. The whole West was Mexico, that's why we speak Spanish out here. The rest of the Country was all Indians, why aren't we speaking a Native American dialect?

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2004, 11:35:15 PM »

but that shouldn't stop them from learning the language. nomatter where you go in america you're most likely going to be dealing with somebody who speaks english. therefore you should know the language. i also think that americans should atleast take one other language in school...i know the fact that i can speak spanish (or used to be able too...can't remember a lot of shit now lol) but it helped a lot at my job.

Your point is valid but you are also wrong.  There are people who migrate and never learn the language and most of the time they are older folks that can easily find a job where they do not need English as much as they could use their natural language.  Most who migrate that are younger do in fact try to learn the language but like SGV said they are immersed in their native language at home.  Like you Luke, who learned Spanish but you do not speak it as much now and forgot a lot of it you speak English at home most often..I assume.  Same with those immigrants they may make a wholehearted attempt to learn english but they will not be able to because they hear spanish most often, hence ESL classes for in school so they can learn english with the help of spanish.  In San Diego City School District and my high school you are required to take a language class for 2 years to graduate.

-KIDRENEGADE-

Don Breezio

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2004, 11:36:11 PM »

Anyway, Latinos are quickly becoming the majority in the Southwest and are we're spreading. Spanish should be recognized as one of our languages because, well, America has no set language. There is not "National Language," in America. People ASSUME it's English, but it's not. The whole West was Mexico, that's why we speak Spanish out here. The rest of the Country was all Indians, why aren't we speaking a Native American dialect?

i'm not NIKs protector...its just thats probably the 20th thread in the past 3 days to have a reply by AC towards nik and its getting old.

as far as what you said after that...you're right....i guess what im saying is we should all kinda meet half way...the majority of this country is people who speak english & spanish...and i dont expect the people who speak spanish to know perfect english & vice versa...but i think we should all kinda meet halfway...enough to atleast be able to communicate.

Don Breezio

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2004, 11:39:24 PM »

Your point is valid but you are also wrong.  There are people who migrate and never learn the language and most of the time they are older folks that can easily find a job where they do not need English as much as they could use their natural language.  Most who migrate that are younger do in fact try to learn the language but like SGV said they are immersed in their native language at home.  Like you Luke, who learned Spanish but you do not speak it as much now and forgot a lot of it you speak English at home most often..I assume.  Same with those immigrants they may make a wholehearted attempt to learn english but they will not be able to because they hear spanish most often, hence ESL classes for in school so they can learn english with the help of spanish.  In San Diego City School District and my high school you are required to take a language class for 2 years to graduate.

i understand that...i mean thats the reason i dont remember a lot of it...i dont speak it on a regular basis....but i do know enough to generally communicate. i don't agree at all about the older people who can find jobs where they don't need to speak english...they may be able to find jobs like that but like i said...(depending on where you are)...theres a 90% chance in america you're going to be dealing with somebody who speaks english. you should be able to communicate. i get people at work all the time of every age group who don't speak a word of english. i went to high school with kids...kids who went to school with me all 4 years and still barely knew a word of english...and it just pissed me off more that they got credit by taking a spanish class.

ACGRUNDY

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2004, 11:40:47 PM »

i'm not NIKs protector...its just thats probably the 20th thread in the past 3 days to have a reply by AC towards nik and its getting old.

hahahaha, it ain't old to me, and thats all I care about.  Gee, its getting old to Luke, maybe I better stop doing it, cause God knows I want to please Luke.  NIK is a fag.  

EvlQNxGC

• Lil Geezy
  • EvlQN/GC
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2004, 11:52:53 PM »
One. Spanish is for people of Spanish decent. In Mexico they are 4 million "native Mexicans" that speak the "native tongue" of their tribal decent. So No, Spanish is not the Mexican language. It was forced on by the dominate spanish leaders. Spanish equals oppression!

"The Best Opportunities are not found but MADE"