Author Topic: Young Man Marries Own Grandmother  (Read 226 times)

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Young Man Marries Own Grandmother
« on: March 22, 2004, 04:28:17 AM »
PANCHPARA, India (Reuters) - A 25-year-old Indian man has married his 80-year-old grandmother because he wanted to take care of her.

"I felt she needed extra care as she is old. I can look after her better as a husband than as a grandson," Narayan Biswas told Reuters.

"As a husband, I am with her all the time, to care for her," said the high school graduate, who farms rice fields and also works as a tutor.

The grandmother, her back bent with age, says she is "happy" with her young husband whom she married in a traditional Hindu ceremony near Panchpara, a village 100 miles west of Calcutta. Her first husband died more than 30 years ago.

"I helped bring him up with my own hands and now he looks after me. He is a good husband and ensures I get my meals on time," said Premodas Biswas, a red vermilion streak on her forehead, the mark of a married Hindu woman.

Local officials say marrying a blood relation is illegal under the Hindu Marriage Act, but they have no plans to take action against the couple.

"There has been no complaint against them and they are living as husband and wife after a temple ceremony. Their own family has accepted them so we have no plans to act as of now," Dilip Das, a local government official, told Reuters.

Last June, a nine-year-old Indian girl was married to a dog near Calcutta after a priest told her parents the wedding would ward off evil.

http://cnn.aimtoday.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?floc=FF-RTO-reodd&idq=/ff/story/0002%2F20040319%2F0729753647.htm

« Last Edit: March 22, 2004, 04:30:36 AM by Lil Jay »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Young Man Marries Own Grandmother
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 04:29:02 AM »
grandmotherfucker  :-X

i know he's just takin care of her, but why he gotta marry her to take care of her?

« Last Edit: March 22, 2004, 04:29:46 AM by Lil Jay »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 05:47:44 AM »
grandmotherfucker  :-X

i know he's just takin care of her, but why he gotta marry her to take care of her?

exactly was i was gonan say, wtf, like what changes from the day before they were maried to the day after, nada, wtf is wrong with people, damn....

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2004, 06:02:49 AM »
Yup, coming to the states soon.  We're already marrying fags, how long until we marry incestuous couples?

Doggystylin

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2004, 07:48:40 AM »

Last June, a nine-year-old Indian girl was married to a dog near Calcutta after a priest told her parents the wedding would ward off evil.

LMAO

Floydness

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2004, 07:55:35 AM »
are u fucken serious ^^^ wtf...

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2004, 08:05:51 AM »

LMAO
lol, wtf, i missed that part, hahah, crazy hindues...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2004, 04:24:46 PM »
Yup, coming to the states soon.  We're already marrying fags, how long until we marry incestuous couples?

Why? The Mormons have been doing it for centuries.