Author Topic: Dre goin to abandon Detox  (Read 1476 times)

Throwback

Dre goin to abandon Detox
« on: March 24, 2004, 07:34:18 AM »

Don Seer

Re:Dre goin to abandon Detox
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2004, 07:37:23 AM »
damn we had this rumour in another form recently where 50 said he was dropping it, and having all the beats..

platinumk777

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 07:37:50 AM »
what a waste

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 07:39:58 AM »
Dre will now have more time to work on a slew of up and coming projects

True, but that shouldn't be a reason to give up Detox. We've been waiting for a while now on that album, why not wait a (few) year(s) more, it's allright with me!

Damn...this is very bad news.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 07:55:08 AM »
A damn shame... :-\

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2004, 07:59:51 AM »
Danm!!

no "Say Hi to the Bad guy" Crooked I
"OH my God" Rakim
& now "Detox"...lol

^^3 of the most talked about^^
over the last couple of years.. :-\

Hip-hop is getting stale now!!!
most of the newer act's suck...IMO
Popular music swallow's

Oh well there's always the shelf...
Hatesrats 2oooIV

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2004, 08:02:21 AM »
WTF?What an asshole!He better release this shit,fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!WTF was he thinkin?!WWWWWWTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!Tell me God damn it!Fuck them others,he gotta release this shit!Man,WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!????????

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2004, 08:12:37 AM »
Bet Jimmy said
'Lets just put Busta out'  >:(

SGV

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2004, 08:37:23 AM »
*Watches Dre give away his best beats to East Coast acts*

Hittman2001

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2004, 08:43:02 AM »
maybe he'll put out another aftermath compilation instead...which is what his albums are anyway

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2004, 08:53:26 AM »
why does dre do this?first rakim now this.but i suppose he'll be putting in some serious work with em, busta, game, 50, lloyd banks, young buck and stat quo all working on albums

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2004, 08:58:11 AM »
maybe he'll put out another aftermath compilation instead...which is what his albums are anyway

A kind of hasty generalization that one, taken that he's only released one solo album under the label and the only Aftermath artists on it besides himself were Hittman and Eminem. With Eminem on 2 tracks, at that. The rest of the features didn't have anything to do with the label besides being artists Dre worked with before.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 08:58:47 AM by T-Dogg »

Hittman2001

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2004, 09:23:16 AM »
yeah, thats my bad, i worded it wrong.  but, this news is starting to sink in.  hopefully we'll get more than one aftermath release a year, and probably never hear a dre produced album ever again.  so hopefully that means we should be hearing about at least 4-5 dre produced tracks for every aftermath artist coming out (stat quo, the game, eve, busta, eminem, 50, and that joint deal he has with the governor)  maybe this will all work out for the better when it comes to a business standpoint...but from a fan's standpoint i'm very upset about this news.  detox was what i was looking forward to after rakim's album...but now that both ain't happening i dont know where i stand when it comes to following rap music anymore.  i think mellowman needs to come on here and explain.  first rakim, now this, after being hyped up so much i feel we need some type of explanation.

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2004, 09:23:25 AM »
Hmm, maybe I'm analysing this situation a little too much...but it isn't it a possibility that this could be a publicity stunt? There's no question that once this issue of 'XXL' hits the shelves Dre's supposed announcement will cause an uproar in the rap world. If he hears just how badly people were anticipating his final release it might give him the push that he needs to go full-steam on the project. It would certainly do his career no bad publicity-wise, as his name will be in a lot of people's mouths after this, but I don't think its a good move to pull on his fans. I dunno, I don't think he'd be so quick to drop the apparently large amount of material that was recorded in consideration to make ''Detox''. If he ever drops the album after making this news it is safely assured that A LOT of people will pick it up.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2004, 09:59:46 AM »
damn, this is wack...dre should sign to shady, lol they don't seem to have trouble putting out any album they want, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :