Author Topic: Dre goin to abandon Detox  (Read 1478 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re:Dre goin to abandon Detox
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2004, 12:59:16 PM »
man id rather hear dres album....with all the guests on it or without than any of the other albums he workin on...and im lookin forward to all of them, but a dre album is way sicker, only ever comes once in long muthafuckin time sta.....i dont think jimmy had much to say about this, even if jimmy didnt want dre to do detox im sure dre would do what he wants with thsi album, he dont gotta do nuttin fo the rest of his life and he'd still be makin nuff dollarz. but damn, why drop detox this deep into it, dre seems to be givin up or choosin the eazy ways these dayz to quik, choosin to work with cats who know how to do hits and shit rather than upcomin cats who he can mold into stars n shit and what happened to him n snoop man?......no one knows......man dre got all the money in the world man, he could split with jimmy, get with some real niggaz and do his thang instead of workin for this clown......

but we'll see what happens, lets hope dre will still do this and have something to say about detox himself sometime soon.........homie needs to leave his house or the studio once in a while and see whats gwarnin in the world, what the streets be lookin fo.......

man first rakim, now this.......damn...........

oh n yo to the kat who was talkin about his work with knoc, yeah its true, he shit on that was meant for the 1st albu, thats how old it is

i dono what to say about dre anymo man, imma big fan of his to but he needs to realise, if u in the game, u gotta go full steam instead of fuckin around with people and the fans or get the fuck out

peace

PhantomChild

• 'G'
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2004, 01:03:16 PM »
Dre can release Detox and just do 2-3 songs,and let the rest of his people do it,I promuse you Hip-Hop isn't that bad as people want you to think,If people like Dre had more hope,we would hear some even greater music than ever before!But on the diily-O,Fuck Dr.Dre! ;D

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2004, 01:45:44 PM »
I say fuggit, and lets just hope Scott Storch and Fred wreck keep droppin heaters.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2004, 02:48:26 PM »
^^^yes but they aint even close to dre's level.....id rather hear a melman beat over them 2 but wheres he gone since doin nuff shit for dre that never gets released ........i think its pretty sad if he really has said, fuck detox fo real

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2004, 04:09:33 PM »
This is why Dre can't be considered one of the best producers ever, cause it appears he cares too much about commercial success of projects these days, and now is just giving up on a project cause he is scared of failure. How many Dre productions have we heard recently? Hardly any at all.

People like Quik, DJ Premier, Pete Rock, even Battlecat, consistantly drop dope shit, bring up unestablished artists, and don't care about commercial success as long as they are dropping stuff they consider dope.

Dre has just become a sucker for fame, and to be honest, recently Scott Storch has been making much better Dre sounding beats than Dre himself, and what does that tell you?

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2004, 06:29:35 PM »
my guess would be he is thinking about $$$. And he will get a lot of that if he puts out those other albums.

man how much money does he need to release something that is not about money? i mean he has been making music forever, donated 1 million dollars to 9/11 victims...... why would he need more money?

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2004, 06:46:20 PM »
man Scott Storch  and Fred Wreck do hella tight beats, at least we still got them  8)

Trauma-san

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2004, 07:03:04 PM »
why does dre do this?first rakim now this.

No, first Ice Cube, Rage, RBX, Nate Dogg, King T, Eve, Hittman, etc. etc. etc. a slew of other people we probably don't even know about, THEN this.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2004, 07:04:55 PM »
Dre is a mark azz faggot.

You should think about why 1 man you've never met's decision to not release an album right now makes you assume he's a faggot.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2004, 07:08:05 PM »
This is why Dre can't be considered one of the best producers ever,

Read that line again.  Are you really that stupid?  He "can't be considered ONE of the best producers ever" ?  He's EASILY one of the best producers ever, in any category of music, and arguably by anyone the best hiphop producer of all time.  You can argue that one,but there's no question he's ONE of the best, easily.  

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2004, 07:53:37 PM »
Fuck Dre.  He doesnt give a flying fuck about his fans, and he thinks that he can lead everyone around cuz hes supposedly number 1.  Well fuck him, hopefully Dextox will get bootlegged and then we can all enjoy it without him gettin any money from it.  That'll teach him a lesson.

smerlus

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2004, 08:44:36 PM »
HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE blow to the west coast......this just set the westcoast back 3-4 years....cause all i hear on the radio is the same shit.....everyone says the only west you hear on the radio is Dre and Snoop....Snoop already sold out, and now no Dre.......things don't look good at all

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2004, 08:49:39 PM »
i still think we gonna see the cd....

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2004, 08:52:53 PM »
i've been posting it for years that it wouldnt come out(same for oh my god)...dre's lazy  8)

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2004, 08:55:17 PM »
why are u guys all acting like it's not Dre's fault? The truth of the matter is...Dre is a punk bitch! He's severely overrated, as i'm sure he has a "slew" of ghost-producers like Mel Man, Kon Artis, and Scott Storch who make the majority of his beats. Dre fucked too many people over, and now, he's fucking over all the people who have been waiting for his album. I'm NEVER EVER buying an Aftermath release, even if it's Crooked I or Pharoahe Monch. Fuck Dre
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)