Author Topic: NORTHERN CALIFORNIA SET TRENDS Re: America's fav. cities thread  (Read 363 times)

Suga Foot

Re:NORTHERN CALIFORNIA SET TRENDS Re: America's fav. cities thread
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2004, 07:46:10 AM »
poppin collas,hella,playa hatas,whats crackin?,nephew,crack lol (invented in the "O" for you dont knows)

"oh boy", "hyphy"

Don Seer

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2004, 07:50:48 AM »
lol.. 'sam' used to say "oh boy" at the start and end of every episode of quantum leap...  8)

some 'inventions' i find hard to swallow, others.. fo shiggadoh.. <- e four oh , if ya didn't know. ;)

SGV

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2004, 08:45:10 AM »
I agree, the Bay does set trends. West Coast Hip Hop would just be gangsta shit if it wasn't for the Bay. A lot of the clothing trends are both Bay and L.A. I think we equally set the trends. Now, Bakersfield, they set no trends. So, Jake, stop trying to stick up for place you're not even from.

Don Seer

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2004, 10:29:12 AM »
^ wubbish..  only gangsta shit?

what about groups like Pharcyde? Dilated Peoples? Freestyle Fellowship? Alkaholiks?

don't forget.. the bay gave the world MC HAMMER!!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 10:29:50 AM by Overseer »

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2004, 12:42:41 PM »
tha bay got more gangsta acts than L.A anyway.....plus we were tha 1st to talk about drugs, broken homes, and all tha struggle basically.....ofcourse there was gangs, in any given city in tha bay there are gangs, but it didn't go mainstream till NWA, it did not need to go mainstream anyway.....This is where gangs as a whole transformed from a mafia perspective to pitty street shit.....U can thank L.A for that.....it was suppose 2 stay in tha streets so tha feds couldn't tap in so much.....

and yes there is no GAME like bay game.....pac got it from here, Daz moved here for years after he got raped by death row, got his game in fillmoe.....The Game came up here for a year and got his game and basically became a force 2 be wreckoned wit.....before that bay game, he was just anotha pitty gang banger.....he's tha homie, ask him if U ever get a chance about here, he'll tell U wassup strate up.....

and then U have mr. dip shit himself up there stressin we only got 1 city worth mentioning? ahahahahahaha......just because we ain't stuntin on TV like all yur pink panther buddies, it don't mean shit......We have our brooklyns, harlems, and all that, we have famous bridges seperating shit just like yall......got more hoods than U ever thought of.......

East Oakland, East 14th, dirty 30s, 100s etc etc....In San Francisco we got Fillmoe, Hunter's Point, Sunnydale, Big Block, West Point, Mission District, Valencia, and tha list goes on....all hoods that'll make U shit yur pants steppin into em pink ranger....Tha only gay area is a place called CASTRO known for it's Mardi Gras and Halloweens....dats it....
In west bay, we got South SF, Trench Town, East Menlo, East Palo Alto < 85 murders in a city of 40,000, tha bay is gay huh? then U got South Bay wit San Jose's evil side which has over 10 crip sets and tha same for norteno sets, c-4 alliances and all that, also Salinas is it's own world, all tha nuestra familia leaders operate outta here.....shiiit, then U got yur East Bay which will take me another big paragraph, U got your North Bay, your south and your north richmond area which only has a sherrif station with no cops, central area for northern drug traffiking, murders don't even get recorded in tha stats over there, then U got yur South Sacramentos and your Garden Bloccs.....
but mannn, fuc this.....I ain't gotta prove nothing to U, I don't even care enuff to, but when muthafucaz come talkin this and that, talkin that gay bay, stressin how we aint got shit on L.A etc, then I gotta step in as a representative.....tha same way all tha L.A heads start goin krayzie if someone talked shit, or tha same way Suga Foot would step in and murder U if someone talked shit about Vancouver.....dats tha way it is.....everyone has 2 agree wit me there, I ain't tryin 2 come up in this bitch stating all these facts that doesn't need to be on here for no reason.....respect is earned.....but sometimes U gotta go chin up wit muthafucaz and get it.....  

« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 12:51:47 PM by RODZILLA a.k.a tha7th »

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

SGV

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2004, 01:14:22 PM »
And L.A. gave us Young MC!!! Hammer was a g, Young MC was, well, Young MC. The Bay brought a different aspect to the game. They weren't talking about gang banging(gangsta shit), they were talking about slanging drugs, pimping hoes and just all around hustling.

Suga Foot

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2004, 01:22:05 PM »
Suga Foot would step in and murder U if someone talked shit about Vancouver

Who The FLLLUCK Want What!?!?!

lololol

SGV

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2004, 01:27:03 PM »
For everything bad thing The Bay has produced, L.A. has produced the same. Both areas are equal in terms of importance. Without The Bay(Sacramento included) West Coast Hip Hop would be HORRIBLE. They keep us alive up there. L.A. don't do shit. People go up there to make money, people don't go to L.A. to make money. You don't see E-40 coming down to L.A. hopping on everyone's albums. But, you see Daz, Kurupt, Bad Azz, Mitchy Slick, The Game, and many others who go up to the Bay and hop on albums and compilations. I'm from L.A. so I hold more weight than most in here when it comes to this type of convo(from the L.A. side that is). Rod is right that The Bay does set trends, but at the same time, L.A. does too. It's equal.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2004, 01:30:28 PM »
I agree, the Bay does set trends. West Coast Hip Hop would just be gangsta shit if it wasn't for the Bay. A lot of the clothing trends are both Bay and L.A. I think we equally set the trends. Now, Bakersfield, they set no trends. So, Jake, stop trying to stick up for place you're not even from.

shut up whitino!

for the record.....on the whole southern cali has set MORE IMPORTANT trends than all of northern california.......that is just straight up fact....you could go into fashion, any kind of music, movies, politics, ect.

and bako doesn't set trends?.....listen to some modern rock station why don't you....every fucking band tries to sound like korn.....listen to country music after buck owens and merle haggard came out.....every mother fucker was trying to use a strat and incorperate rock and spanish flamenco.....shit i can even get into the mexican music that came outta bako, so don't try to tell me bako don't set trends,lol cuz i can turn on the radio and hear it with my own TWO.

and btw i am from Los Angeles i was born there in 85' and we moved to bako in 94. and damn near everyweek end i'm in LA to chill with my cousins and shit.

go back to honduras cracker, where you got 'maids' and 'butlers' trying to keep the dirt floor and mud brick walls clean in your hut

and AGAIN someone PLEEEEASE show me something the bay area 'made up' that blew up in the main stream......cuz frankly i havn't seen it.

all i seen here was people trying to take credit for what Chicago people created.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Suga Foot

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2004, 01:32:15 PM »
someone PLEEEEASE show me something the bay area 'made up' that blew up in the main stream......cuz frankly i havn't seen it.

Collar Poppin

Don Seer

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2004, 01:32:25 PM »
^ quit with the racial shit.  >:(

Suga Foot

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2004, 01:33:06 PM »
Sorry

SGV

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2004, 01:34:03 PM »
LMAO @ This White boy. Riley, we're talking Hip Hop, not rock fag. Bakersfield has set no trends in Hip Hop. You're opinion is not valid.

Let's remember here buddy. You're a Mexican FROM Bakersfield. Not a white boy from L.A.

Go back to the fields.

Don Seer

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2004, 01:40:13 PM »
Sorry

lol sorry i was replying to jake dude.

but u be good too *waves finger* lol

Suga Foot

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2004, 01:45:57 PM »
Sorry

lol sorry i was replying to jake dude.