Author Topic: Don Jacob Corleone  (Read 730 times)

Don Seer

Re:Don Jacob Corleone
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2004, 03:01:38 PM »

SGV

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2004, 03:10:06 PM »

....and somehow i'd be prouder to say all that than to be a wanna be latino white dude who listens to lil jon and and every other flavor of the moment rapper to make yourself look 'cool' around  girls.
Thank God that's not me. Thank God I'm Latino, not just a wannabe white guy, who has liked Lil Jon since before "Bia Bia." Thank God I don't want to be something I'm not. And Thank God I'm not ashamed of my people.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2004, 03:12:31 PM »
lol arn't all white people.....

yah dude was born in Stoke-on-Trent, England and flea was born in austrailia and Eddie van halen was born in the neverlands. All 3 moved to the states and learned guitar in LA as kids so  i figure, hey if these bay area dudes can transplant chicago culture over to the bay i can import some guitarists, lol

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2004, 03:14:06 PM »

....and somehow i'd be prouder to say all that than to be a wanna be latino white dude who listens to lil jon and and every other flavor of the moment rapper to make yourself look 'cool' around  girls.
Thank God that's not me. Thank God I'm Latino, not just a wannabe white guy, who has liked Lil Jon since before "Bia Bia." Thank God I don't want to be something I'm not. And Thank God I'm not ashamed of my people.

denial is the first step in admitting you have a problem...

MUSICK

• Lil Geezy
  • Da BAY Bietch!!!!
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2004, 03:53:34 PM »
aright now, someone please show me another trend , that matters, that the bay started.

so far it's the bay :1
So Cal: 6

alright fuk it I'ma go head and take it somewhere else ,some ol off tha wall shit just for the fuk of it a trend that got started in the BAY lol KARATE nigga haha that counts as 4 points and the muhfukka that got it crackin,Bruce Lee ,born where? Frisco twenty hundred points and a can of Spam,come on now,Bruce Lee? you know thats tight ;D

naw but for real man I'm just tryin to stop you from hatin wit all that gay bay shit,aint no one puttin down so cal but you feel the need to hate ,its cool if you dont want to give us any kinda props but that dont mean ya got to go the hatin route,feel?and if THA BAY coined the term playa hata you were the type of muhfukka that inspired it

PEACE 8)

West C. Connected

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2004, 04:16:07 PM »
^ Yeah, I always knew Karate originated from the Bay area. :P ;D

SGV

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2004, 04:27:00 PM »

denial is the first step in admitting you have a problem...
OH! So that's why you deny being ashamed of Mexicans. You actually are ashamed, you're just trying not to admit it directly. Ok! Gotcha!

SGV

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2004, 04:29:07 PM »
Wasn't Grateful Dead from the Bay, too?

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2004, 04:46:25 PM »
Alright fuk it I'ma go head and take it somewhere else ,some ol off tha wall shit just for the fuk of it a trend that got started in the BAY lol KARATE nigga haha that counts as 4 points and the muhfukka that got it crackin,Bruce Lee ,born where? Frisco twenty hundred points and a can of Spam,come on now,Bruce Lee? you know thats tight ;D

(Bruce Lee)
I know you ment to say Kung-Fu...
then later Bruce's own twist on self defense
Jeet-Kune do, not Karate...

(Just a Bruce Lee fan...)
Hatesrats 2oooIV

Back 2 the Catfight...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2004, 09:52:00 PM »
Wasn't Grateful Dead from the Bay, too?

yeah , but if you're trying to say the counter culture STARTED in the bay , you're going to piss off a GRIP of people in Orange County and San Diego

Neji Huga

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2004, 08:57:56 AM »
aright now, someone please show me another trend , that matters, that the bay started.

alright fuk it I'ma go head and take it somewhere else ,some ol off tha wall shit just for the fuk of it a trend that got started in the BAY lol KARATE nigga haha that counts as 4 points and the muhfukka that got it crackin,Bruce Lee ,born where? Frisco twenty hundred points and a can of Spam,come on now,Bruce Lee? you know thats tight ;D

naw but for real man I'm just tryin to stop you from hatin wit all that gay bay shit,aint no one puttin down so cal but you feel the need to hate ,its cool if you dont want to give us any kinda props but that dont mean ya got to go the hatin route,feel?and if THA BAY coined the term playa hata you were the type of muhfukka that inspired it

PEACE 8)

First off Bruce Lee was born & Raised in Hong Kong! Second I heard Playa Hater back in 89 while in Houston, TX. Next, KARATE  is Japanese Bruce Lee 's style was Jetkundo not KARATE. (Jetkundo = Jujitsu, Karate & Tae kwon do)SF has KARATE  kid though, if you want to take it there. You can talk about their great Wax museums... But don't LIE... And where's the Love for Oakland?
My Train of Thought

"I Got 99 Problems. But, a Bitch ain't one...."

We Fly High

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2004, 11:46:59 AM »
im sorry, i was on the east coast this past week in nyc, so wasnt able to check up on this forum, or else i would have posted up about this topic.. its locked now.. but i felt like adding a little.. i think its important..

if you guys know your history of music, you will know that the funk sound was originated in the bay area.. namely SLY & THE FAMILY STONE. this group has done influenced and idolized by everyone from miles davis to geroge clinton to temptations to dr dre to stevie wonder to herbie hancock to prince to michael jackson. none of them would be here without sly and the family stone. michael jackson idolized them so much that he purchased their publishing rights. all of the artists i mentioned show strong traces of sly's bay area funk sound in their music.

The first funk hip hop records have come from the Bay Area. DJ Slice and Kool Rock J sampled Knee Deep in their classic song "slice it up" in 1986. hammer fused the pfunk sound into his song "they put me in the mix" in 1987. Digital underground got the funk in full effect with "underwater rimes". Dave Kaos from the bay area, also did cuttin and scratchin on some of george clinton's albums.  Oakland was the city where George Clintons Parliament/Funkdaelic mothership first landed in 1976. George clinton has very strong ties to the bay area, and they are so strong that he recorded part of his live album p funk earth tour in the oakland coliseum. On digital undergrounds Sons of the P(arliament) album.. they were considered very ahead of their time cos of their use of the moog synthesizer...  which has influenced artsits like snoop dogg and ice cube to start utlizing that device..

Dr dre credits his chronic and doggystyle sound heavily to the pfunk sound esp george clinton.. but man.. where did geroge clinton get this sound ?? he was a student of the bay area product "sly and the family stone"
sly actually came in during the 60's..  and yeah his influence was that strong on these artists.. i have read various interviews in which geroge clinton has firmly and boldly stated that SLY was the greatest funk band of all time. I have also read interviews in which the Jackson Five have claimed that SLY was their biggest influence.

for the way in which sly influenced the temptations. you can just listen to songs like "cloud 9", "run away child, running wild", "psychadelic shack" , and "ball of confusion" which reflect the psychadelic sounds and genre that sly created. sly also influenced their style and their appearance, which is related to the influence that sly had on the creator of Motown,  Berry Gordy.. berry was known to run motown in a way in which he controlled everything, standardized songwriting, using the same band to create a standard sound, and controlling the apperance of their artsits. berry tried to model the apperance of some of his artists after Sly.

sly also influenced herbie hancock, on his headhunters album.. released in the early 70's.. this quote comes straight from herbie hancocks official homepage biography:

"In 1973, Headhunters, the second LP in his new deal with Columbia Records, became jazz's first platinum album. With its Sly Stone-influenced hit single "Chameleon," this album (and its follow-up Thrust) signaled, once and for all, that Herbie Hancock would not be pigeonholed or categorized"..

herbie even has a song on the headhunters album called "SLY", which is an obvious tribute to the group.

sly has also influenced jimi hendrix, on his album "band of gypsys" in which he has a cover of sly's "sing a simple song" at the begining of "We Gotta Live Together".

as im speaking, im reading a dr dre interview in the book "it aint about a salary" in which he credits SLY as one of his major influences.

by the way, since we're on the topic of funk... i was in NYC this past week and was able to catch a sold out show of geroge clinton and the pfunk all stars at the Bb kings blue bars and grill (hands down the best venue ive ever been to, and ive been to like over 20 shows in various venues)... Shock G made a guest apperance with the funny nose/glasses get up. and geroge had his granddaughter "sativa" rap a few verses on stage.. probably the best concert ive been to besides up in smoke.. the sound that they have is just incredible.. it was so funny seeing all the old ass folks that grew up on george all funkin and singing the lyrics.. seeing a 60+ white woman just waving her hands singing "to the window to the walls, to the sweat drop down my balls..." was just great..  highlight of the performance was probably "flashlight"... im so glad i went.. i'll have pictures up in a few days..

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2004, 01:36:41 PM »
funk didn't start with sly and the family stone...... ::)

James Brown ( a Georgia boy) in 64' started the essense of funk! that isn't even debateable....Funk is a sound from the SOUTH, it's was a form a soul, mixed with southern jazz, and big band.

the funk guitar as we know it was popularized and reformed by Jimi Hendrix. Lil dude from Seattle

the funk bass that you love in your g-funk can be credited to John Entwistle of the who , just a lil band from england

c'mon guys i know there 's something out there besides Kirk Hammett that came out of  the bay, this thread is almost becoming pointless now

BTW, thanks for proving me right guys ,lol

MUSICK

• Lil Geezy
  • Da BAY Bietch!!!!
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2004, 03:11:19 PM »

PEACE 8)

First off Bruce Lee was born & Raised in Hong Kong! Second I heard Playa Hater back in 89 while in Houston, TX. Next, KARATE  is Japanese Bruce Lee 's style was Jetkundo not KARATE. (Jetkundo = Jujitsu, Karate & Tae kwon do)SF has KARATE  kid though, if you want to take it there. You can talk about their great Wax museums... But don't LIE... And where's the Love for Oakland?
aint no one lyin BLOOD!!

First off Bruce Lee was BORN in San Francisco and raised in Hong Kong then when he wanted to teach Kung-Fu(my bad the other guy corrected me cuz I said karate)when he came to the states it wasnt aloud by the Chinese people so he fought(literally)to open up and teach the art here in the states,then later taught his own form of gung-fu,jeet-kune-do but when he first started teaching his first school was in Oakland

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000045/

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2004, 03:22:59 PM »
1. Eddie Van Halen-Pasadena
2. Randy Rhoads-Santa Monica
3. Slash-L.A.
4. Flea-L.A.
5. Dave Navarro-L.A.

OK ure just naming artists outta L.A now....we was talkin bout trends....but ure taking it to a whole notha route....

how bout GREEN DAY? weren't they like tha biggest punk rock band in tha world? they from the BAY.

Where's SANTANA from? oh yea, THE BAY!

BARRY BONDS grew up in tha bay....most home runs ever....how bout OJ SIMPSON? wasn't he 1 of tha best football players ever? wait.....didn't he get involved with the most famous trial of our era? where he from again? oh dats right.....THE BAY! FRISCO.

How bout HIPPIES? they started in THA BAY! Didn't they set some trends in tha 60s? hmmmmm, yur goin down Jake....

How bout them BLACK PANTHERS? ever heard of em? hmmmm......THE BAY!

Speakin of slang......where was the birth place of the word EBONICS? THE MUTHAFUCIN BAY!

Who got tha bombest weed in tha nation? HUMBOLDT COUNTY!!! NORTH BAY!

Ohhhh hey, where did Personal Computers come from? hmmmm, we are all communicating via the computer rite now in our homes rite? where did this whole phenomenon start? did it not change tha world? if I'm not mistaken, APPLE's central companies are still in THE BAY! didn't Bill Gates come here and get his ideas? DOESN'T EVERYONE COME TO BAY TO GET SOME REAL GAME? ever heard of Silicon Valley moron? Home of tha computer revolution, JESUS CHRIST.....

hmmmmmmm, let's see here......OH YEA, do U download mp3s? how did this krayzie idea get to MAINSTREAM AMERICA? ah yes, U guessed it......NAPSTER! who made Napster? some average dood named Sean Fanning from where? AH YES! THE MUTHAFUCIN BAY! San Mateo West Bay 2 be exact.....

ummm, let's see why in tha hell do they call this area "YAY" AREA? hmmm, before Crack was mainstream, where was it sold 1st? AH YES, THE BAY! where in tha U.S.A would U say is tha most cocaine traffiking goes down? AH YES, THE BAY!

I mean shit, Ure draggin this thread to a whole notha level.....I made it clear it wasn't L.A vs BAY but U had to take it there.....

back to school......

Let's talk about Land Marks......wat is the most famous bridge in tha world? hmmm, let's see.....could it be THE GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE??? ah yes, THE BAY!

What is tha most famous PRISON ever? ah yes, ALCATRAZ.....where that at? THE BAY!

Where's Skywalker Ranch at? hmmm, could it be THE BAY?

Where was the 1st Hollywood located at? NILES IN FREMONT, CA....SOUTH BAY!

The first EVER moving picture was made of a horse running at Stanford ranch.....basically the 1st movie clip ever......THE BAY!

How bout tha 1st radio station to ever broadcast?? AH YES, SAN JOSE, SOUTH BAY!

U wanna talk about crime? not a very "cool" issue 2 touch on....but how many times has Oakland been murder capital of tha world in tha past 10 years? hmmmmm......how bout East Palo Alto? city of ONLY 40,000......Murder Capital of tha world in 92 in all of U.S.A?? mannnn......THE BAY!

INDEPENDENT GAME in hip hop, we set trends......we are known as muthafucaz WITH GAME......make money, fuck tha fame mentality......The pimp game was brought up in this area......ever heard of Fillmoe Slim? only tha most famous pimp ever......from FRISCO, oh yes......pimpin is still huge here......im talkin bout REAL pimping......shiiiiit, I could go on FOR DAYYYYZ.......ohhh, where did SIDE SHOWS come from? ahhh shieeet, THE BAY!

i'm tired of this......want more? shieeet, holla......it's nothin......all we ask for in tha bay is RESPECT and after so many years of being neglected, muthafucaz want RECOGNITION! but recognition won't be achieved if RESPECT ain't in place yet......as U can see, even L.A outsiders don't respect wat we about......sad.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!