Author Topic: The "What Books are you currently reading?" thread  (Read 367 times)

infinite59

The "What Books are you currently reading?" thread
« on: March 27, 2004, 06:25:43 PM »
"The Adventures of Ibn Battuta:  A Muslim traveler from the 14th century"-by Ross E. Dunn-     Based on the recorded history of 14th century world traveler Ibn Batutta.  It puts me back in the 14th century when Islam was politically dominant in the world.  Back in these times even the non-Muslim regions that Ibn Battuta travels to used to copy the Islamic culture.

"A People's History of the United States"  by Howard Zinn-   This is the true history of the United States, not the government's history that you find in textbooks.   It's the "discovery of America from the viewpoint of the Arawaks, of the Constitution from the standpoint of the slaves, of Andrew Jackson as seen by the Cherokees"... and on and on till present day.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
Re:The "What Books are you currently reading?" thread
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 01:15:34 AM »
lol @ no posts in this thread! people don't read anymore, do they? the farenheit 451 predictions are coming true. Way to go Bradbury
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2004, 01:51:59 AM »
On The Road- Jack Kerouac

I've been trying to start this for about 5 months :(  I keep getting slammed with readings for school that I cant start it now. last thing I read was Starship Troopers for my English class last semester, and the Giver and  Fast Food Nation all last semester ;D

-KIDRENEGADE-

Neji Huga

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2004, 03:07:26 AM »
It's sad but true. Reading is a novelty. ??? Windheven was the last book I read(February) It's tight. I have been trying to start Catch 22 but I find it boring. :(
« Last Edit: March 28, 2004, 03:12:12 AM by Neji Huga »
My Train of Thought

"I Got 99 Problems. But, a Bitch ain't one...."

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2004, 11:20:43 AM »
Sammy "The Bull" Gravano - Underboss

Gambino Family underboss who testified against his boss John Gotti and pretty much was the reason of the downfall of The Cosa Nostra families aka The Mafia....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

pappy

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2004, 01:18:03 PM »
the rise an fall of the gambino crime family

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2004, 01:32:01 PM »
I never read books anymore.  

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2004, 05:33:37 PM »

"A People's History of the United States"  by Howard Zinn-   This is the true history of the United States, not the government's history that you find in textbooks.   It's the "discovery of America from the viewpoint of the Arawaks, of the Constitution from the standpoint of the slaves, of Andrew Jackson as seen by the Cherokees"... and on and on till present day.

That book is leftist garbage.

Don Breezio

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2004, 10:07:16 PM »
Michael Moore - Dude! Where's My Country?
Plato's "Republic"
Donald Goines - Never Die Alone (well im gonna start it today)

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2004, 10:26:41 PM »
The autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman.

infinite59

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2004, 07:08:05 AM »

That book is leftist garbage.

If your views are "right", then we want to be as far left as possible, and to stay left.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2004, 05:26:55 PM »
Nelson Mandela's autobiography, but I've only been reading it from time to time.

I just finished a Canadian novel called "The Luck Of Ginger Coffey" for school.

Also for school a novel called "Fifth Business"

And soon in the mail I'll have Jamil Al Amin's 2 books.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

JLscorpio

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2004, 10:15:39 PM »
Multiple horror books written by Bentley Little. Most of them have titles like The Store. His stories make seemingly normal places and things seem sinister and demonic. Stories are quite entertaining and right up there with horror legends like Stephen King.

azn_h0ney

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2004, 01:56:56 AM »
catcher in the rye :D .....ive read like 2 pages
BOO... :P

GoodLuvn169

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2004, 02:03:01 PM »
"The Adventures of Ibn Battuta:  A Muslim traveler from the 14th century"-by Ross E. Dunn-     Based on the recorded history of 14th century world traveler Ibn Batutta.  It puts me back in the 14th century when Islam was politically dominant in the world.  Back in these times even the non-Muslim regions that Ibn Battuta travels to used to copy the Islamic culture.

" A People's History of the U.S."  is a very biased book written by the view point of a communist, or so ive heared, could be interesting.