Author Topic: Prince VS Michael Jackson  (Read 762 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Prince VS Michael Jackson
« on: March 29, 2004, 01:51:44 PM »
i just listened to "purple Rain" for the first time in FOORRRRRRRREVER and i got to say that i think that it's a better album than Thrilller....then that got me thinking....prince has a grip of tight ass jams that are up there with all of Jackos , and i was like damn , prince is better than Michael IMO now. i dunno kinda shocked me cuz i use to run around saying jacko is the best solo artist ever, period, but now i gotta say it's prince, especially after the whole rock n roll hall of fame thing

what do you guys think

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

MANBEARPIG.

Re:Prince VS Michael Jackson
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 02:02:10 PM »
they're both incredible.

-KIDRENEGADE-

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 02:04:00 PM »
I like Prince more personally.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 02:04:41 PM »
LMFAO......ImO
No contest

PRINCE!!!!

That's like 1d (vs) 4d....lol
(Not sure if 4d even exist's..)

Hatesrats 2oooIV

smerlus

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 02:38:49 PM »
Prince does have alot of jams, most of jackson's music sounds dated

Leroy

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2004, 04:03:04 PM »
prince

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2004, 07:12:08 PM »

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2004, 10:47:17 AM »
prince, if not only for the fact that he wrote everything by himself....i don't think jackson wrote any of his own songs, quincy jones did

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2004, 11:03:45 AM »
Michael jackson gretest artist of all time. Music wouldnt be like what it is today without him. The amount of people he has influenced and the way he has shaped music and music videos . Michael Jackson was ahead of his time, Prince is a great artist but michael jackson is the greatest.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2004, 01:29:49 PM »
Michael jackson greatest artist of all time. Music wouldnt be like what it is today without him. The amount of people he has influenced and the way he has shaped music and music videos . Michael Jackson was ahead of his time, Prince is a great artist but michael jackson is the greatest.

i agree

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2004, 08:16:55 PM »
prince, if not only for the fact that he wrote everything by himself....i don't think jackson wrote any of his own songs, quincy jones did

You're drunk.  Michael wrote "Ben" in 1970 when he was like 11.  He's been writing, producing, and even choreographing his own dance moves since he was a CHILD.  He doesn't write all his music, but neither does Prince.  Michael, like Prince, is a musical prodigy, and is talented on several instruments, though he rarely plays any live, since he's always spell-binding the crowd with his dance moves.  For instance, he played the drums on "Billie Jean".  He composes on piano, he even plays guitar.  Most of his songs he played percussion instruments on, and he's an incredible beat-boxer, using his voice to lay down the rythm track on almost all of his dance hits.  He's got a voice that can sing ANYTHING, from low bass notes up to some of the highest falsetto notes in pop music; when do people ever cover his music? They don't, because they can't FUCKING SING LIKE THAT!  

That's just his voice.  Lets remember that Fred Astaire has called  Michael the greatest dancer of all time.  He wasn't taught, he taught himself.  He doesn't count steps, he improvises in real time what other dancers spend a lifetime trying to imitate.  His famous Motown 25 performance where he made the moonwalk the most famous dance move of all time, WAS OFF THE CUFF WITH NO PRACTICE REHEARSAL!  At 45? or however old he is, he can still outdance *ANYBODY*, as he routinely proves by shitting all over his own backup dancers in his concerts, and most recently, Justin Timberlake & Usher in his Madison Square Garden concerts a couple years ago.  

Here's just a few of my favorite Michael Jackson songs.  Michael did this in a HANDFULL of albums spread out over a 40 year career; Prince has been putting albums out non-stop, several times a year, for 20 years.  Even still, Prince can't stand up to this, as much of a legend as Prince is.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll Be There
Ben
A.B.C.
I Want You Back
The Love You Save
Who's Lovin' You?
Dancin' Machine
Never Can Say Goodbye
Don't Stop Till You Get Enough
Rock With You
Workin' Day & Night
Can You Feel It
Off The Wall
Girlfriend
She's Out Of My Life
I Can't Help It
It's The Falling In Love
Wanna Be Startin' Somethin
Baby Be Mine
P.Y.T.
The Girl Is Mine
The Man
Thriller
Beat It
Billie Jean
Human Nature
The Lady In My Life
Bad
The Way You Make Me Feel
Another Part Of Me
Man In The Mirror
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Dirty Diana
Smooth Criminal
Leave Me Alone
Jam
In The Closet
She Drives Me Wild
Remember The Time
I Can't Let Her Get Away
Heal The World
Black Or White
Who Is It?
Give Into Me
Will You Be There?
Keep The Faith
Gone Too Soon
Dangerous
Scream
They Don't Care About Us
Stranger In Moscow
This Time Around
Earth Song
Money
You Are Not Alone
Childhood
2 Bad
History
Little Susie
Smile
Is It Scary?
Blood On The Dance Floor
Ghosts
Superfly Sister
Break Of Dawn
Heaven Can Wait
Unbreakable
You Rock My World
Butterflies
Speechless
Don't Walk Away
Cry
Whatever Happens
Threatened
We Are The World

I mean, come on man.  
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 08:18:55 PM by I Just Wasn't Made For These Times »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2004, 01:01:14 AM »
Both are legends...I say Michael though.

Has anyone heard about how Prince recently signed with Columbia, after years of dropping shit independently.

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2004, 02:24:02 PM »
I say good for Prince, I'm not a hater, I wish him the best.  It was good to see him inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of fame last week, he definately deserves it.  If he signed iwth Columbia, I hope it was for 1 album.  He's way too eccentric and his own man to be tied down to any kind of long term contract.  I've read interviews with him, this fucker doesn't even have a concept of time.  He abandoned it.  Literally... he says he doesn't know what time it is, or have any sense of time, because he doesn't live like that.  He just wakes up, goes to sleep, whatever.  He doesn't keep track of hours or days or even months or anything.  Can you believe that shit?  Pretty crazy.  

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2004, 04:30:54 PM »
Yea...He's been giving his new album out for free at his latest concert to anyone who buys a ticket...I heard he rocked the Staples Center like it's never been rocked a few nights ago.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2004, 04:51:05 PM »
this fucker doesn't even have a concept of time.  He abandoned it.  Literally... he says he doesn't know what time it is, or have any sense of time, because he doesn't live like that.  He just wakes up, goes to sleep, whatever.  He doesn't keep track of hours or days or even months or anything.  Can you believe that shit?  Pretty crazy.  

Thats some crazy shit, that may be a problem if he signs with Columbia for a long term contract.

I wish I could abandon all time.

-KIDRENEGADE-