Author Topic: Prince VS Michael Jackson  (Read 764 times)

GoodLuvn169

Re:Prince VS Michael Jackson
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2004, 05:18:23 PM »
i think they're both linked to great music, but my ears enjoy Prince more. ;)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2004, 05:24:44 PM »
MJJ
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Neji Huga

• 'G'
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2004, 08:41:39 PM »
Michael jackson gretest artist of all time. Music wouldnt be like what it is today without him. The amount of people he has influenced and the way he has shaped music and music videos . Michael Jackson was ahead of his time, Prince is a great artist but michael jackson is the greatest.
prince, if not only for the fact that he wrote everything by himself....i don't think jackson wrote any of his own songs, quincy jones did

You're drunk.  Michael wrote "Ben" in 1970 when he was like 11.  He's been writing, producing, and even choreographing his own dance moves since he was a CHILD.  He doesn't write all his music, but neither does Prince.  Michael, like Prince, is a musical prodigy, and is talented on several instruments, though he rarely plays any live, since he's always spell-binding the crowd with his dance moves.  For instance, he played the drums on "Billie Jean".  He composes on piano, he even plays guitar.  Most of his songs he played percussion instruments on, and he's an incredible beat-boxer, using his voice to lay down the rythm track on almost all of his dance hits.  He's got a voice that can sing ANYTHING, from low bass notes up to some of the highest falsetto notes in pop music; when do people ever cover his music? They don't, because they can't FUCKING SING LIKE THAT!  

That's just his voice.  Lets remember that Fred Astaire has called  Michael the greatest dancer of all time.  He wasn't taught, he taught himself.  He doesn't count steps, he improvises in real time what other dancers spend a lifetime trying to imitate.  His famous Motown 25 performance where he made the moonwalk the most famous dance move of all time, WAS OFF THE CUFF WITH NO PRACTICE REHEARSAL!  At 45? or however old he is, he can still outdance *ANYBODY*, as he routinely proves by shitting all over his own backup dancers in his concerts, and most recently, Justin Timberlake & Usher in his Madison Square Garden concerts a couple years ago.  

Here's just a few of my favorite Michael Jackson songs.  Michael did this in a HANDFULL of albums spread out over a 40 year career; Prince has been putting albums out non-stop, several times a year, for 20 years.  Even still, Prince can't stand up to this, as much of a legend as Prince is.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll Be There
Ben
A.B.C.
I Want You Back
The Love You Save
Who's Lovin' You?
Dancin' Machine
Never Can Say Goodbye
Don't Stop Till You Get Enough
Rock With You
Workin' Day & Night
Can You Feel It
Off The Wall
Girlfriend
She's Out Of My Life
I Can't Help It
It's The Falling In Love
Wanna Be Startin' Somethin
Baby Be Mine
P.Y.T.
The Girl Is Mine
The Man
Thriller
Beat It
Billie Jean
Human Nature
The Lady In My Life
Bad
The Way You Make Me Feel
Another Part Of Me
Man In The Mirror
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Dirty Diana
Smooth Criminal
Leave Me Alone
Jam
In The Closet
She Drives Me Wild
Remember The Time
I Can't Let Her Get Away
Heal The World
Black Or White
Who Is It?
Give Into Me
Will You Be There?
Keep The Faith
Gone Too Soon
Dangerous
Scream
They Don't Care About Us
Stranger In Moscow
This Time Around
Earth Song
Money
You Are Not Alone
Childhood
2 Bad
History
Little Susie
Smile
Is It Scary?
Blood On The Dance Floor
Ghosts
Superfly Sister
Break Of Dawn
Heaven Can Wait
Unbreakable
You Rock My World
Butterflies
Speechless
Don't Walk Away
Cry
Whatever Happens
Threatened
We Are The World

I mean, come on man.  

LMAO 90-95% is how much MJ do not write On your list. 99% is what Prince wrote for him self. He also wrote for others and inspird alot of people. 2pac was the biggest prince fan I knew of.... MJ is great but Prince is KING of Rock... also can you name one person who wrote for or with Prince? Because used the best producers. Dark Child, R. Kelly Quincy Jones etc... bottm line two great voices (both with range) Two great performers 1 KING who started as a Prince. (Victor) no face changes
My Train of Thought

"I Got 99 Problems. But, a Bitch ain't one...."

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2004, 09:07:02 PM »
Sheryl Crow.  Sheryl Crow wrote for prince; do you have any other questions?  Oh, and can you tell me how many #1 hits Prince has had?  BTW, when was the last one?  And.... how many #1 albums he's had?  ... and When was the last one?  ... and how many albums he's had that have sold 54 million and counting?  ... and how many revolutionary dance moves has he trademarked?  ... and how often do hundreds of women and men faint at each of concerts, requiring special medical areas to be constructed as part of the contract? ... and how many rides based around him have they built at Disney world? ... and ... well, I think you get the picture.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2004, 09:10:17 PM »
And Michael Didn't write 95% of that? Are you CRAZY? He wrote nearly every #1 hit he's ever had.  He wrote at least 50% of the songs I mentioned, probably many more.  He wrote "We are the world".  He wrote "Thriller".  He wrote "Billie Jean".  He wrote "Heal The World".... He wrote "Will you be There"... he wrote "Black or White".... He wrote "Bad".  I just listed 7 songs in 5 seconds, that the sum of equal more than the sum of prince's quality output from his entire fucking career.  You obviously don't know shit about Michael, and I doubt you know shit about Prince.  

Neji Huga

• 'G'
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2004, 09:19:18 PM »
Sheryl Crow.  Sheryl Crow wrote for prince; do you have any other questions?  Oh, and can you tell me how many #1 hits Prince has had?  BTW, when was the last one?  And.... how many #1 albums he's had?  ... and When was the last one?  ... and how many albums he's had that have sold 54 million and counting?  ... and how many revolutionary dance moves has he trademarked?  ... and how often do hundreds of women and men faint at each of concerts, requiring special medical areas to be constructed as part of the contract? ... and how many rides based around him have they built at Disney world? ... and ... well, I think you get the picture.  

Sorry no picture to get. Watch Jackie Wilson & James Brown then tell me how many trade mark dance steps MJ has. Prince has those crazy splits as for Disney world Prince was with waner bros so it would have been bad for Disney to promote someone who gets paid by the same people who own Six Flags Theme parks..... "and how often do hundreds of women and men faint at each of concerts, requiring special medical areas to be constructed as part of the contract?" Happens at most oversea's concerts watch the news.... as far as album sales go No one has out sold mike & no one will. he had america since he was around 9 and didn't let go. However, no one has made more records than prince last number one was around 95' Mikes 93 I belive. you can correct me if I am wrong. However Prince is still better hands down 8)
My Train of Thought

Neji Huga

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2004, 09:26:08 PM »
And Michael Didn't write 95% of that? Are you CRAZY? He wrote nearly every #1 hit he's ever had.  He wrote at least 50% of the songs I mentioned, probably many more.  He wrote "We are the world".  He wrote "Thriller".  He wrote "Billie Jean".  He wrote "Heal The World".... He wrote "Will you be There"... he wrote "Black or White".... He wrote "Bad".  I just listed 7 songs in 5 seconds, that the sum of equal more than the sum of prince's quality output from his entire fucking career.  You obviously don't know shit about Michael, and I doubt you know shit about Prince.  

Diamonds & pearls.. Cream.... 1999... Gold.... Nothing Compares to you... Beattyful ones... Sexy M.F.... 7.... Damn U... All better than your songs from MJ & most of these are not his best work You obviously don't know shit about Prince, and I doubt you know shit about anyone other than Michael. bwt I'm a huge fan of mike no need to get personal. Did I hurt your fellings... The Truth hurts huh? ;D
My Train of Thought

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2004, 10:19:28 PM »
it's official

i just saw prince live here in bako last night

PRINCE IS THE GOAT!

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2004, 04:14:23 AM »
Man, yall amaze me.  Just because somebody's less known, doesn't mean they're cooler or they're more talented.  It just means they weren't as successful.  End of the day, though, I don't really give a fuck what yall think, we all have our opinions.  Some of us just have the correct one.  

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2004, 08:32:09 AM »
I didn't want 2 have and bring this up  :-*
but check the (Prince) resume.... ;)
I doubt Prince need's help writting or creating music.
follow the link homies.
http://home.earthlink.net/~getwild/prince/related.htmlThese are songs that Prince/The Artist/The Artist Formerly Known as Prince has written for other artists

He's defo helped more than a lil' bit...lol
check out the # of people that have covered his catalog
(including a couple of people's former avatar's..)
http://home.earthlink.net/~getwild/prince/covers.htmlCovers of Songs Originally Recorded by Prince

I'll drop a couple of the well know Prince tunes...
that can tear/Compare with anything MJ has dropped
(4 various & longterm listen...)

When Doves Cry
Pop Life
Soft And Wet
Uptown
Let´s Go Crazy
Sign O´ The Times
Thieves In The Temple
Diamonds And Pearls
Controversy
I Wanna Be Your Lover
Do Me, Baby
Delirious
Little Red Corvette
I Would Die 4 U
Raspberry Beret
Kiss
Cream
Take Me With U
The Beautiful Ones
Computer Blue
Darling Nikki
Baby I´m A Star
Purple Rain
U Got The Look
Batdance
How Come U Don´t Call Anymore
Scarlet Pussy
The Most Beautiful Girl In The World
Betcha By Golly Wow!
(a cover of the Stylistics)
ect....

as far as hit's go...
we all know what the chart's & the heart feel are BULLSHIT!!
what's a hit...?
If i play a song 20 years after it was writtin & it still sound's fresh & never dated, as if it dropped yesterday
sound's like a fucken hit to me.
(I'm gonna play it....)

the (Prince) man's got an album 4 just about every year he's been blessing sound...
releasing 3 disc set's & doing it 4 the fan's who got love
for his talent....
#'s of music locked in his personal vault...

ain't no right or wrong in here...
like what u like & let it be..

But as far as Prince needing help with concept'.....lmao
everyone could take a nudge once in a while,
shitt ask R.Kelly & Teddy Riley how they wrote MJ's best shitt after "Bad"....

Oh well...
(Copp that new Prince album it's fire...)

Hatesrats 2oooIV
I'm a MJ fan aswell...
and opinion's are like assholes.

Neji Huga

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2004, 11:20:00 AM »
I didn't want 2 have and bring this up  :-*
but check the (Prince) resume.... ;)
I doubt Prince need's help writting or creating music.
follow the link homies.
http://home.earthlink.net/~getwild/prince/related.htmlThese are songs that Prince/The Artist/The Artist Formerly Known as Prince has written for other artists

He's defo helped more than a lil' bit...lol
check out the # of people that have covered his catalog
(including a couple of people's former avatar's..)
http://home.earthlink.net/~getwild/prince/covers.htmlCovers of Songs Originally Recorded by Prince

I'll drop a couple of the well know Prince tunes...
that can tear/Compare with anything MJ has dropped
(4 various & longterm listen...)

When Doves Cry
Pop Life
Soft And Wet
Uptown
Let´s Go Crazy
Sign O´ The Times
Thieves In The Temple
Diamonds And Pearls
Controversy
I Wanna Be Your Lover
Do Me, Baby
Delirious
Little Red Corvette
I Would Die 4 U
Raspberry Beret
Kiss
Cream
Take Me With U
The Beautiful Ones
Computer Blue
Darling Nikki
Baby I´m A Star
Purple Rain
U Got The Look
Batdance
How Come U Don´t Call Anymore
Scarlet Pussy
The Most Beautiful Girl In The World
Betcha By Golly Wow!
(a cover of the Stylistics)
ect....

as far as hit's go...
we all know what the chart's & the heart feel are BULLSHIT!!
what's a hit...?
If i play a song 20 years after it was writtin & it still sound's fresh & never dated, as if it dropped yesterday
sound's like a fucken hit to me.
(I'm gonna play it....)

the (Prince) man's got an album 4 just about every year he's been blessing sound...
releasing 3 disc set's & doing it 4 the fan's who got love
for his talent....
#'s of music locked in his personal vault...

ain't no right or wrong in here...
like what u like & let it be..

But as far as Prince needing help with concept'.....lmao
everyone could take a nudge once in a while,
shitt ask R.Kelly & Teddy Riley how they wrote MJ's best shitt after "Bad"....

Oh well...
(Copp that new Prince album it's fire...)

Hatesrats 2oooIV
I'm a MJ fan aswell...
and opinion's are like assholes.

Enough Said 8)...
My Train of Thought

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2004, 07:56:13 PM »
aright i just say prince LIVE........and man dude isn't frontin....he's just as exciting live as michael jackson if not more....dude can dance, sing, and rock out on the guitar.....i mean shit Centenial garden was ROCKIN' and it's about a quarter of the size of staples center. When he first hit the stage there was a few cheers and shit, but by 11 you couldn't hear yourself scream it was so loud....the only thing that could rival that experience is Jesus Christ coming back, lol. that's how tight that shit was.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2004, 08:35:35 PM »

Michael Jackson did not write thriller.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2004, 09:00:22 PM »
1. wanna be startin somethin- written by michael jackson
2. Baby Be mine-Rod Temperton
3. The Girl is mine-Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson
4. Thriller-Rod Temperton
5. Beat It-Michael Jackson
6. Billie Jean-Michael Jackson
7. Human Nature-steve parcaro and John Bettis
8. Pretty Young Thing-James Ingram and Quincy jones

Produdced by Quincy Jones

Trauma-san

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2004, 09:19:18 PM »
My Bad.  I guess you're right... Prince is better than Michael Jackson, because he apparently wrote everyone of his songs.