Author Topic: Prince VS Michael Jackson  (Read 763 times)

the408figga

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Keep it Savvy!!
Re:Prince VS Michael Jackson
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2004, 11:07:09 PM »

Personally, im with my mayn trauma on this one. The bottom line is Mj has reached soo many people with his music. I dont care what kind of legal drama he is in. You cant write him out of history. You cant take away what he has done.
TO have the childhood success he has had, then flip that into an adult career that may  be the best ever?

Now to me, prince was a dope artist, but he has become too eccentric. His earlier stuff was on par with mj's stuff.  But his recent stuff is just out there. I guess he is just bored of making hits.

At this point, obviously prince is in a good position to make a comeback, with his new cd "musicology" coming soon. It would be interesting to see what he puts out
I stay dipped like them fools in gq/ step into a party and they all say " he's cool"/
                                             -Mac Dre

Im a 3rd generation mack/ like the asses on my girls like the trunk of my caddilac/
                                              -Mac Mall

Neji Huga

• 'G'
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2004, 12:45:20 AM »

Personally, im with my mayn trauma on this one. The bottom line is Mj has reached soo many people with his music. I dont care what kind of legal drama he is in. You cant write him out of history. You cant take away what he has done.
TO have the childhood success he has had, then flip that into an adult career that may  be the best ever?

Now to me, prince was a dope artist, but he has become too eccentric. His earlier stuff was on par with mj's stuff.  But his recent stuff is just out there. I guess he is just bored of making hits.

At this point, obviously prince is in a good position to make a comeback, with his new cd "musicology" coming soon. It would be interesting to see what he puts out

All this time and you & Tramua are missing the point. Read everyone's post who wrote about prince being better and look for the mention of Mike. "You cant write him out of history. You cant take away what he has done." No one said Michael Sucks. No one said has was not one of the greatest. All we said was Prince was better. In each one of our replies it says we are MJ fans too. (Not be hating on anyone)Tramua is the one who said all that stuff about Prince that got me & others started. This whole thread is about opinion! Because at the end of the day. Were are all Pac & Biggie fans. We could argue for days about who was better. Same with Rakim, GM Flash, Cube, Jay, Eminem, Nas, & Snoop. Truma asked for facts so we gave some. Another fact is we Love Mike... We just Love Prince a little more. 8)
My Train of Thought

"I Got 99 Problems. But, a Bitch ain't one...."

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2004, 06:11:53 AM »
I don't think Prince is better because he wrote "more" songs, I think he wrote better songs. Iwas just making a correction to the list of songs Jackson did write. Personally I think their both mediocre artists. Just because you're popular does not neccesarily make you great. Elvis is and was huge, bigger than Jackson, but you won't hear me say he was an amazing artist. Off the top of my head here are some artists that are head and shoulders above both Prince and MJ. Pete Towsend, Lennon or McCartny, Bruce Springsteen, Jimi Hendrix, Roger Waters, Jimmy Page, Niel Young, Brian Wilson.

FullSurfDude

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2004, 06:25:28 AM »
Let get this SHIT straight. Michael is the All Time. Through all his struggles and problems with him trying to change his look every damn minuet, he still was putting out hits after hits. You always here about something that he has or did from the past. With Prince, no doubt he's a genius but you don't hardly here shit from him in terms or what things he has done, like for charity or things like that.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2004, 10:18:16 AM »
I don't think Prince is better because he wrote "more" songs, I think he wrote better songs. Iwas just making a correction to the list of songs Jackson did write. Personally I think their both mediocre artists. Just because you're popular does not neccesarily make you great. Elvis is and was huge, bigger than Jackson, but you won't hear me say he was an amazing artist. Off the top of my head here are some artists that are head and shoulders above both Prince and MJ. Pete Towsend, Lennon or McCartny, Bruce Springsteen, Jimi Hendrix, Roger Waters, Jimmy Page, Niel Young, Brian Wilson.

Prince VS Pete Townsend....they're equal on guitar, i'd say but prince can outsing, outdance, outperform, and outwrite him any day of the week

Prince VS Lennon and Mccartney- writing wise, lennon and McCartney are the better writters but prince would give them a run for their money, but again prince is a better singer (waaaay better all 4 beatles have horrible voices), he's a better guitarist, pianist, dancer, ect.

Prince VS the Boss- bruce is one of my favorite artists but prince is just better than him in every aspect.........also bruce relies on the e street band, prince could interchange anyone with the revolution and make poppin music...bruce can't say that.

jimi hendrix vs Prince-this is a good argument here. i'd say overall they're about the same

Roger Waters Vs Prince- no contest it's prince all day here, Roger waters and pink floyd wouldn't be THAT band if it wasn't for Gilmore and their first lead singer going crazy.

Jimmy Page-no contest here, prince is on par with page as a guitarist, jimmy page is the most overrated guitarist, and that's all page is....prince is more than just a guitarist.

neil Young-lol c'mon man.....prince all day homie

brian wilson-yes i'll say it brian wilson is a genius, i think he deserves all the credit the beatles get, BUT as an Artist and a performer prince is on par with Brian wilson and surpasses him in many many areas as well

Prince and Jimmi Hendrix= the 2 best solo artists ever

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Neji Huga

• 'G'
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2004, 10:56:21 AM »
Let get this SHIT straight. Michael is the All Time. Through all his struggles and problems with him trying to change his look every damn minuet, he still was putting out hits after hits. You always here about something that he has or did from the past. With Prince, no doubt he's a genius but you don't hardly here shit from him in terms or what things he has done, like for charity or things like that.
LMAO... His first album of the Millennia 60% of the sales went to save Sheep. "Rave until The Joy Fantasic" Even had a the reason why on the inside cover just to educate everyone of purchased the album.
My Train of Thought

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2004, 12:12:01 PM »

Prince VS Pete Townsend....they're equal on guitar, i'd say but prince can outsing, outdance, outperform, and outwrite him any day of the week

Prince VS Lennon and Mccartney- writing wise, lennon and McCartney are the better writters but prince would give them a run for their money, but again prince is a better singer (waaaay better all 4 beatles have horrible voices), he's a better guitarist, pianist, dancer, ect.

Prince VS the Boss- bruce is one of my favorite artists but prince is just better than him in every aspect.........also bruce relies on the e street band, prince could interchange anyone with the revolution and make poppin music...bruce can't say that.

jimi hendrix vs Prince-this is a good argument here. i'd say overall they're about the same

Roger Waters Vs Prince- no contest it's prince all day here, Roger waters and pink floyd wouldn't be THAT band if it wasn't for Gilmore and their first lead singer going crazy.

Jimmy Page-no contest here, prince is on par with page as a guitarist, jimmy page is the most overrated guitarist, and that's all page is....prince is more than just a guitarist.

neil Young-lol c'mon man.....prince all day homie

brian wilson-yes i'll say it brian wilson is a genius, i think he deserves all the credit the beatles get, BUT as an Artist and a performer prince is on par with Brian wilson and surpasses him in many many areas as well

Prince and Jimmi Hendrix= the 2 best solo artists ever

Okay look I don't mean performer, I mean artist, in this case musical artist.

Pete Townsend is the creative genius behind miultiple Who albums and songs. Albums is what I'm judging by. The Boss had like 8 classics in a row, Born To Run, and Darkness, were masterpeices. The Beatles are the Beatles. Niel Young may be tone def, but he is a very good guitarist and even better lyricist. Pink Flloyd. Nothing Prince ever does or did can match the Wall or Dark Side. Prince is godd. Very Good, even Great. But album for album he falls short. and Page is more than just a guitarist, all the original Zeppelin stuff was all page. I mean you could say Hendrix was just a guitarist, but that would be stupid.

Bottom line is Prince is a better all round "entertainer" than all those I mentioned, and so is Jackson. But Elvis was also a hell of an entertainer, but not a great artist. Prince lacks the consistency and creativity for me to place him as high as you do.

Also I forgot to mention Bob Dylan, who pushed forward the way artists write songs by atleast 10 years.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2004, 01:41:51 PM »
i never really got into Prince, and Michael.. hes the king...

Trauma-san

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2004, 07:32:03 PM »
I dunno, man, there's some real ignorance in this thread, I think.  I think if most of you got into some of these people more, you'd have different opinions, for one, the biggest travesty is dude that said Elvis wasn't great.  You have got to be shitting me.  If you think all he could do was shake his hand and eat pizza on stage, you're wrong, this man had one of the greatest voices of ALL TIME, anywhere, anybody, ever recorded.  And Don, saying all 4 Beatles had horrible voices? Are you retarded?  I could see where you could say that Ringo's voice was just normal, or maybe you didn't like the lilt in George's voice, but Paul and John had great voices!  They could do whatever they wanted... listen to John's "Twist and Shout" and tell me he had a horrible voice.  You've got to be on crack.  Listen to Paul's "Here there and Everywhere" and tell me he had a horrible voice.  

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2004, 08:02:20 PM »
Look man I love Elvis, there are very few people i would rather hear sing any song. When Elvis adopts a song he takes to higher level than anyone before or after, (except for unchained melody, Elvis version was good, but Hatfield's was perfect). However, as a creator, writer of lyric and music, Elvis could never match up with someone like Springsteen.

Trauma-san

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2004, 10:35:07 PM »
you said "You won't hear me saying he's an amazing artist"... he's CLEARLY an amazing artist.  

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2004, 03:20:14 AM »
Michael Jackson is great, no one can disagree with that. But, come on. Prince is pure genius. He plays every fucking instrument there is. Ever seen those classic lines on Prince's albums: "Produced, arranged, composed & performed by Prince"? That means that he got in the studio by himself and got out with a record under his arm. Drums, keyboard, guitar, whatever. Seen him do that guitar solo in the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame a couple of weeks ago? That shit was un-fucking-believable. He writes ALL his songs, except when he does a cover or something. Michael writes SOME of his songs. From where I see it, MJ is a great SINGER. Prince is a great MUSICIAN.

MJ may be the King of Pop. Prince is the King of Music. Prince has done pop, funk, r&b, hiphop, rock, reggae, tecno, dance... I've heard Prince sing with his normal voice, sing in falsetto, I've heard him rap and do raggamuffin, I've heard him sing shouting...he has done almost everything that can be done in music.

MJ hit the right note when he was with the Jackson Five and has kept hitting it since. He's been doing the same music for 30 years. Prince keeps experimenting with music. His last album (before "Musicology") was "NEWS", an instrumental jazz/funk record. No Prince album sounds like his previous one.

And I'm telling y'all, I love MJ. He's got some of the greatest songs out there, Straight classics. But in terms of musicianship and talent, there is no contest. If you like MJ better than Prince? Nice! Everyone's got their own taste and liking MJ is having good taste in music no doubt. But let's not deny the obvious.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2004, 03:03:11 PM »
michael jackson, fuck what prince done/did.....the shit mj did back in his thriller days still aint gettin fucked with imo

pz

Neji Huga

• 'G'
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2004, 01:33:34 PM »
Michael Jackson is great, no one can disagree with that. But, come on. Prince is pure genius. He plays every fucking instrument there is. Ever seen those classic lines on Prince's albums: "Produced, arranged, composed & performed by Prince"? That means that he got in the studio by himself and got out with a record under his arm. Drums, keyboard, guitar, whatever. Seen him do that guitar solo in the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame a couple of weeks ago? That shit was un-fucking-believable. He writes ALL his songs, except when he does a cover or something. Michael writes SOME of his songs. From where I see it, MJ is a great SINGER. Prince is a great MUSICIAN.

MJ may be the King of Pop. Prince is the King of Music. Prince has done pop, funk, r&b, hiphop, rock, reggae, tecno, dance... I've heard Prince sing with his normal voice, sing in falsetto, I've heard him rap and do raggamuffin, I've heard him sing shouting...he has done almost everything that can be done in music.

MJ hit the right note when he was with the Jackson Five and has kept hitting it since. He's been doing the same music for 30 years. Prince keeps experimenting with music. His last album (before "Musicology") was "NEWS", an instrumental jazz/funk record. No Prince album sounds like his previous one.

And I'm telling y'all, I love MJ. He's got some of the greatest songs out there, Straight classics. But in terms of musicianship and talent, there is no contest. If you like MJ better than Prince? Nice! Everyone's got their own taste and liking MJ is having good taste in music no doubt. But let's not deny the obvious.
...8)
My Train of Thought