Author Topic: Frightening New Report Says Whites In The US Will Be A Minority By 2050  (Read 316 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Sometimes I think about what kind of America my grandchildren and great grandchildren will be living in and I begin to weep uncontrollably. The future of this country is gloomy indeed.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040318/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/america_in2050_8

U.S. Minority Groups on Rise by 2050    
Wed Mar 17,10:56 PM ET  Add White House - AP Cabinet & State to My Yahoo!

By GENARO C. ARMAS, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - For as long as there has been an America, whites have made up a clear majority. But that will change by 2050 when minority groups will be 49.9 percent of the population, the Census Bureau (news - web sites) says.

Asians and Hispanics will see the most dramatic increases between now and midcentury, when the U.S. population will have grown by almost 50 percent to reach 420 million, according to bureau projections being released Thursday.

America will get older, too. Nearly 21 percent of its residents will be age 65 or older, compared with 12 percent now.

The data highlight trends long predicted. But racial and ethnic changes are taking shape faster than expected, due in large part to higher-than-forecast immigration rates for Asians and Hispanics, said Greg Spencer, a bureau demographer.

Whites now represent 69 percent of the population, but their growth is slowing because of low rates of birth and immigration. Their total will grow 7 percent to 210 million, or 50.1 percent of the population, in 2050.

Those figures do not include Hispanics. The Census Bureau counts "Hispanic" or "Latino" as an ethnicity rather than a race, so they can be of any race, including white.

Between 2040 and 2050, the Census Bureau expects the non-Hispanic white population actually will decline slightly because of a large number of expected deaths of baby boomers, who by 2040 will be at least 76.

Meantime, the Hispanic and Asian populations are expected to continue their explosive growth.

The Asian population is expected to more than triple to 33 million by 2050. Hispanics will increase their ranks by 188 percent to 102.6 million, or roughly one-quarter of the population.

"Historically, we've been a black-and-white country. That's not true any longer, and even less true in the future," said Roderick Harrison, a demographer with the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies in Washington, which studies issues of concern to minorities.

"A good deal of social history in the next several decades will be reflected in how we sort that out, whether we achieve greater degrees of equality in these populations," he said.

The projections — the first released by the bureau since the 2000 head count — also show a burgeoning older population as healthier lifestyles and better medical treatment increase longevity. By 2050, 5 percent of the country will be 85 or older, compared with 1.5 percent now.

"This poses very interesting challenges. Institutions are going to be transformed — and Social Security (news - web sites) is the obvious one," said demographer Martha Farnsworth Riche, a former Census Bureau director. She pointed to education and health care as other affected areas.

Factors such as how multiracial Americans are counted could drastically alter these predictions, Riche and Harrison said.

Prior census data show that most Hispanics choose white as their race. Riche said that could be a sign that future generations of U.S.-born Latinos would select white and rather than Hispanic as their background as they move further from the generation that first immigrated to the United States.

"When you look at 2050 and possibly see a large Hispanic population that doesn't speak Spanish anymore, being Hispanic might be something very different from today," Harrison said.

The bureau expects the black population will rise 71 percent to over 61 million, or about 15 percent of the population, compared with nearly 13 percent now. Blacks would remain the second-largest minority.

Asians would comprise 8 percent of the population in 2050, compared with 4 percent now.

"This means more of a mix of cultures and ethnic backgrounds, said Edward Kwanhun Rim, president of the Pacific Rim Cultural Foundation, Inc. in Barrington, Ill., and a member of a citizen advisory panel to the Census Bureau on the Asian population. "It will be a more colorful and bright future — we can hope."

Leroy

hows it a "frightening" report?

Hispanics will see the most dramatic increases between now and midcentury, when the U.S. population will have grown by almost 50 percent to reach 420 million, according to bureau projections being released Thursday.

dont see nuthing wrong....

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
OMG! IM soooooo scared!   :-[

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Only a racist fool like C-Walker would find this scary. I think it's great news, multi-culturilism is a wonderful thing.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Yes... HA HA HA HA.....soon you will be crushed c walker, you and all your friends

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Only a racist fool like C-Walker would find this scary. I think it's great news, multi-culturilism is a wonderful thing.

Multiculturalism only seems to be important when we are talking about something that is white, like the US or Europe. No one is telling Japan that they need to become multicultural by accepting millions of African or Hispanic immigrants, or telling Saudi Arabia that it needs to become multicultural by accepting millions of Christian immigrants. So how come it is great for white people to become minorities in their own countries but not anyone else.

Sounds like a racist double standard to me.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Multiculturalism only seems to be important when we are talking about something that is white, like the US or Europe. No one is telling Japan that they need to become multicultural by accepting millions of African or Hispanic immigrants, or telling Saudi Arabia that it needs to become multicultural by accepting millions of Christian immigrants. So how come it is great for white people to become minorities in their own countries but not anyone else.

But America was a country built on more than one race, as oppossed to those countries you mentioned. I don't see how it's scary, do minorities frighten you?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
FUckin Republican bastard
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
ras kass was right

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
ras kass was right

Ras Kass got all the information for Nature Of The Threat from Frances Cress Welsing's "The Isis Papers" so I wouldn't give him credit for that.

Paris

Leroy

Re:Frightening New Report Says Whites In The US Will Be A Minority By 2050
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2004, 07:50:36 PM »

who were in America before the white men?
Indians, and Mexicans that are now called Hispanics

Leroy

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2004, 07:51:40 PM »
i cant believe this dushbag actually thinks the white men were here before mexicans/indians im not raceist but this is a example of a fucking "cracker"

::)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2004, 08:45:10 PM »
Have I not mentioned it before. Shit, in a few years we'll be the majority. It's all good, let it happen. Just let it happen.

infinite59

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2004, 02:41:29 AM »

No one is telling Japan to become more multicultural because after we laid destruction on the country with 2 atom bombs (the only country to use weapons of mass destruction), we recreated it in our image. Tokyo is basically New York with a little better technology.

Saudi Arabia is the most multi cultured region in the whole world!  Did you forget that pilgrims from all over the map, Indonesia, Malaysia, China, Russia, Africa, Europe, Albania, Bosnia, Spain, Britian, America, are all required to make a pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia once in their life.  During the Hajj season 6 million people of all languages and cultures can be found in just one small city, Mekkah, with hundereds and thousands of others making the lesser Hajj (umrah) the other months of the year as well.  We do have a similar identity, in that we all are Muslims, we practice Islam; but everyone carry's with them something that is unique from the enviroment that they were raised in.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 02:43:17 AM by Hajj Ibrahim Islam »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2004, 12:55:12 PM »
that's bullshit. whites wont become a minorty.
the only truth is that whites wont be the absolut unfuckwitable majority for too long.
see, at the moment we got more whites than all non-whites melted together.
all the report says is that if you melt hispanics from every kind together wit blacks, mulattos and asians they will be about the same amount as whites.. in 2050..
so saying whites will become a minorty in america is just plain twisting of the facts.

it's like saying in 2050 all americans are died out because of this:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 01:02:52 PM by 7even the Harbinger »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin