Author Topic: "Passion Of The Christ" is inaccurate...  (Read 571 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

"Passion Of The Christ" is inaccurate...
« on: April 01, 2004, 03:30:31 PM »
I hope everyone is clear on this...It was a Roman official who made the decision to have Jesus executed...I think mostly everyone knows this by now, after all the drama this film has caused, but I'm just making sure.

bez

Re:"Passion Of The Christ" is inaccurate...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 03:40:11 PM »
Who cares, great film. lol

Does it really matter though, nobdoy alive can actually say what is accurate or not so it might as well just be left as it is.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 04:04:45 PM »
I'm just saying, as to what I've read and heard from historians...PeACe

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 04:40:56 PM »
Maybe we watched different movies, but the Passion I saw had a roman official okay his death. Influenced by Jewish pressure, which is accurate.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2004, 04:54:13 PM »
Maybe we watched different movies, but the Passion I saw had a roman official okay his death. Influenced by Jewish pressure, which is accurate.

The movie made it look as if Jews forced Romans to kill Jesus, hence people claiming the movie to be anti-Semitic.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2004, 05:40:57 PM »
I didn't take it that way at all. Pressure or not, the romans were the one with the authority to make the decision. Otherwise the jews would have killed him themselves. People who say the movie is anti semitic in my opinion are being over sensitive. What happened, happened. I don't understand why it's a big deal anyways. Ya'll don't believe in Jesus as the son of god anyways so why does it matter if he's just another man? Doesn't make sense to me.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2004, 06:03:04 PM »
I honestly don't care, I liked the movie...I was just pointing that out.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2004, 07:06:21 PM »
If you didn't care, then why did you take the time to make a thread about it?

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2004, 07:40:57 PM »
In the Bible it says the Jews where chanting for Piolt to kill Jesus.

Many Rabbis have said that this movie isn't anti-semetic

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2004, 08:37:55 PM »
there are inacuracies in the passion....but they're VERY small, and all deal with the devil in the movie .

but in the bible it says that pilot gave the people(the jews) the chance to have a known killer and theif or jesus freed....and the jews chose the killer.  then pilot washed his hands to this and let the people have what they wanted.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2004, 09:11:32 PM »
I hope everyone is clear on this...It was a Roman official who made the decision to have Jesus executed...I think mostly everyone knows this by now, after all the drama this film has caused, but I'm just making sure.

The movie doesn't portray that the Jews had Jesus killed.  The Bible, and the movie, both suggest that Pilate had Christ killed, but as mentioned above, Pilate apparently didn't want to do it.... He had a council with Christ, and asked him if he had told people he was the son of God... Christ said "Whom do you say I am?" or something like that... Later, Pilate said "I find no fault in this man", but DID have Christ crucified, because there were thronging crowds demanding it.  He even tried to let Christ go, by asking the Jews whom they would have him release, Jesus, or a thief he had in prison, and they all chanted the thief should be released.  That's how the movie portrays it, and that's how the bible portrays it.  Don't get so uptight, nobody hates Jews over that, it was the plan from before the existance of the earth for Christ to die in that manner.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2004, 12:07:45 AM »
I'm not getting uptight, I'm just stating my belief.

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2004, 01:31:46 AM »
The movie was incredible . Jesus went through all that shit so we can be saved . And Mel Gibson is a genius

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2004, 06:35:55 AM »
I'm not getting uptight, I'm just stating my belief.

So let me get this straight.  You're a jew; and as such, don't accept the new testament or the gospels describing Christ's last days.  You don't even accept he's christ; and based on that, say "this movie's inaccurate", lie about what happened in the movie, and then when it's pointed out that the movie is exactly in line with what the New Testament says, you say "I'm just stating my belief"?  Who's the one being inaccurate here? You're the one saying things are in the movie that clearly *ARENT in the movie.  

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2004, 12:27:41 PM »
but in the bible it says that pilot gave the people(the jews) the chance to have a known killer and theif or jesus freed....and the jews chose the killer.  then pilot washed his hands to this and let the people have what they wanted.
Thats exactly how i thought it was...

and trauma.. Nobody hates the jews over the death of christ... lol...