Author Topic: Most Overrated Rapper  (Read 693 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re:Most Overrated Rapper
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2004, 03:17:38 PM »
i dont understand some of your choices, like Joe budden is a good 1, casue people were calling him amzing, dutring his mixtape days,  but Loon, hows he overated... i dont see a loon fan club raving hes the best ever....

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2004, 03:24:09 PM »
^I hear alot of people my way saying he's tite.^
« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 03:24:43 PM by Samuel Jackson »

-KIDRENEGADE-

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2004, 07:42:16 PM »
Lloyd Banks, The Game, 50 Cent, Eminem, Snoop Dogg.

Yup

aha! we got some aftermath haters right here!
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

The Watcher

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2004, 07:54:37 PM »
2Pac, Snoop
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

eS El Duque

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2004, 08:40:18 PM »

Eminem is not over rated..he has skill..if you call Eminem overrated, than Paris must be waaaaaaaaay overrated (but i don't think people even know who he is -_-)
Lloyd Banks and The Game havn't dropped an album yet..we'll see if they're overrrated (which i think they are..a lil)

Biggie is overrated -_-...greatest rapper MY ASS...D.O.C

PhantomChild

• 'G'

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2004, 08:46:25 PM »

Yup

aha! we got some aftermath haters right here!

No, I only hate wack rappers.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

PhantomChild

• 'G'
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2004, 08:48:42 PM »

Eminem is not over rated..he has skill..if you call Eminem overrated, than Paris must be waaaaaaaaay overrated (but i don't think people even know who he is -_-)
Lloyd Banks and The Game havn't dropped an album yet..we'll see if they're overrrated (which i think they are..a lil)

Don't be hatin on the homeboy Paris,at least he's making music that actully makes a bit of sense!Quit acting like yo boy Eminem ain't gripped on skill because he's not!He's gripped on pop appeal,and hearing Soldier is the reason why I hate Em in the first place!Because he thinks nobody can touch him!Thats Bullshit! :( ;D

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2004, 08:49:36 PM »

Eminem is overrated as hell. I don't see what's so great about him, his lyrics and flow are nothing special. Paris isn't overrated since he's not well known. Who cares if Lloyd Banks and The Game haven't dropped an album yet? People are toting them up to be something special whereas they are both boring punchline rappers. LOL @ you talking shit about me thinkin Eminem overrated and then saying D.O.C is overrated. No One Can Do It Better is one of the greatest albums of all time, up with Paid In Full, Illmatic, etc....

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Jome

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2004, 09:40:56 PM »
50 Cent
Joe Budden
Cam'ron
Snoop Dogg
Fabolous

eS El Duque

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2004, 10:29:16 PM »

Eminem is overrated as hell. I don't see what's so great about him, his lyrics and flow are nothing special. Paris isn't overrated since he's not well known. Who cares if Lloyd Banks and The Game haven't dropped an album yet? People are toting them up to be something special whereas they are both boring punchline rappers. LOL @ you talking shit about me thinkin Eminem overrated and then saying D.O.C is overrated. No One Can Do It Better is one of the greatest albums of all time, up with Paid In Full, Illmatic, etc....

err...guess i wrote my response..i was trying to  say D.O.C is closer to being the GOAT than biggie...it's the diggy diggy DOC y'all

Eminem has a crazy flow and lyrics...better than Paris (no question about it)

Guess you didn't read my post..."Lloyd Banks and The Game havn't dropped an album yet..we'll see if they're overrrated (which i think they are..a lil)"

Im saying that you can't rate a rapper if they havn't dropped an album yet.  I bet people thought Nas was overrated before he dropped his album....

'DsR'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2004, 03:46:41 AM »
50 cent, NQA.

"fuck under tha influence im hella fucked up, swervin down the freeway spillin my cup"

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2004, 03:52:29 AM »
so many people are quick to call eminem overrated and i wonder why. his style's always been unique and as an MC he is 10x better than many cats who only get props...if em was doin underground shit, sellin 10k copies an album i guess he'd only get props and would never have been mentioned in this topic

Lincoln, the fact somebody ain't known to the masses don't mean he's not overrated, since there might be a lot of heads who just think he's dope as fuck when he's just another aight rapper and that makes him overrated too

sum cats on my list:

The Game (I know dozens of w/c gangsta rappers who are easily as good as him)
Lloyd Banks
ODB (I like him, but people act like he's one great lyricist)
KRS-ONE (gets too much props for sum of his shit, i don't hate on him either tho)

West C. Connected

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2004, 05:17:32 AM »
50 Cent
Not by the groupies, they actually have a good reason to like him.
All the rappers (good and bad) say 50 Cent is their favourite artist.

Lloyd Banks
By magazines and rap fans.
He's not the best rapper ever.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2004, 09:18:32 AM »
Sorry all, I just don't see what's so great about Eminem. He's nothing special to me.

Paris