Author Topic: 10th Anniversary of the death of Kurt Cobain  (Read 123 times)

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
10th Anniversary of the death of Kurt Cobain
« on: April 05, 2004, 04:46:14 AM »
I know it was a long time ago, but his music had a big impact on me, so i decided to make a thread about it.

For me personally, it was kinda sad to hear the tributes played on radio and tv, it made me realise truely how much talent was wasted.

I didn't start getting into Nirvana until 1995, so i don't know what it was like that day the news broke (April 8th, any want to give their version of what they felt) however I've observed that the impact that he created is everlasting...well for me anyway. The 100+ suicides by fans after his death shows this huge impact. I remember a few years later when i was 12 i saw a performance of Nirvana where Kurt totally trashed the stage and my mate had just bought a new drum set so he was getting rid of his old one. So i took a running jump from a few meters back and dived into it, ended up cutting my arm open and getting bruising all down the side of my ribs.

Well anyway, i'll finish up with one of my favourite quotes from Kurt, it ironically went, "It's not necessarily a big crusade we're on, fuck, we're just a band"

R.I.P. Kurt...even though his legend will live on
« Last Edit: April 05, 2004, 04:47:41 AM by MidoriHaze »
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)

Trauma-san

Re:10th Anniversary of the death of Kurt Cobain
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 07:17:12 AM »
Fuck him.  Any man that kills himself and leaves behind a wife and a young child with no daddy is a piece of shit.  Liked his music though.  

Sven

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • gangsta of art
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 11:32:24 AM »
Fuck him.  Any man that kills himself and leaves behind a wife and a young child with no daddy is a piece of shit.  Liked his music though.  

Well said. Although I never liked his music, never will. It's boring imo, I hate this depressiv kind of music.
Drop down, do the eagle, fuck that Real gangstas just pull up they pants and lean back! - www.svenellerbrock.de

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 12:46:20 PM »
R.I.P.

Hatesrats 2oooIV

davida.b.

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 02:58:01 PM »
RIP