Author Topic: Fuck Dre  (Read 1230 times)

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Fuck Dre
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2004, 07:26:58 PM »
Dr.Dre = G.O.A.T. of hiphop producers

I can understand why he doesn't produce as much for Westcoast acts, half of them is some hating ass jealous bitches.

LMAO! I actually don't care anymore. The only time Dre comes dope is on his own albums, or when he does shit for Snoop. I'm glad he's working with people outside of the West. Less weak ass beats for us. ;D

So you ain't feelin' beats like "Guilty Conscience", "Oh", "G'd Up", etc?

BL7

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2004, 07:40:21 PM »
Dr.Dre = G.O.A.T. of hiphop producers

I can understand why he doesn't produce as much for Westcoast acts, half of them is some hating ass jealous bitches.

LMAO! I actually don't care anymore. The only time Dre comes dope is on his own albums, or when he does shit for Snoop. I'm glad he's working with people outside of the West. Less weak ass beats for us. ;D

So you ain't feelin' beats like "Guilty Conscience", "Oh", "G'd Up", etc?

I don't remember how Oh sounds, but I can't stand the other 2. Seriously, I wasn't hyped about Detox but I thought it'd be a solid album. The fact that it ain't coming out really doesn't bother me. I hardly ever listen to Dre.

hector

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2004, 10:40:40 PM »
LOL, all you who say dre ain't done shit are stupid as hell.  guess what the fuck you morons are doing?  Uh.....posting on a WESTCOAST RAP FORUM  Dre is a huge part of getting the westcoast rap scene on the map, whether you like it or not.  all of NWA, all of the best era of Deathrow, and the only westcoast album to do well besides sellout doggy dogg since the fall of deathrow.  you can say that dre wasn't part of it, or he ain't gangsta, or whatever ya hatin asses wanna say, but point blank - Dre HAS done shit.  Name 1 person from Cali that has done more than Dre....

and back it up with what they have done.

I like Quik more than I like Dre, but to say that Quik has done more than Dre is just ridiculous.  same with cube, same with snoop, same with Pac.

Don Breezio

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2004, 10:44:12 PM »
Dre is a huge part of getting the westcoast rap scene on the map, whether you like it or not.  all of NWA, all of the best era of Deathrow, and the only westcoast album to do well besides sellout doggy dogg since the fall of deathrow.  you can say that dre wasn't part of it, or he ain't gangsta, or whatever ya hatin asses wanna say, but point blank - Dre HAS done shit.  Name 1 person from Cali that has done more than Dre....

everybody is giving dre his props for doing shit back in the day...but as you just proved in your paragraph...the only thing he's done since the fall of death row is his 1 good album...which means dre hasnt been shit since about 96 at the latest.

Smooth

« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2004, 10:51:55 PM »

which means dre hasnt been shit since about 96 at the latest.

LOLLOL, whatever man... yo Luke you get real annoying with comments like this...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2004, 10:53:15 PM by Smooth »
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

hector

« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2004, 10:52:27 PM »
Dre is a huge part of getting the westcoast rap scene on the map, whether you like it or not.  all of NWA, all of the best era of Deathrow, and the only westcoast album to do well besides sellout doggy dogg since the fall of deathrow.  you can say that dre wasn't part of it, or he ain't gangsta, or whatever ya hatin asses wanna say, but point blank - Dre HAS done shit.  Name 1 person from Cali that has done more than Dre....

everybody is giving dre his props for doing shit back in the day...but as you just proved in your paragraph...the only thing he's done since the fall of death row is his 1 good album...which means dre hasnt been shit since about 96 at the latest.

Try reading smart guy.  like I said, name one westcoast rapper who has had any impact on the music industry besides sellout doggy dogg.  Rappers and producers come a dime a dozen, dre is an outlier in the music industry.  and not to mention, just cuz he ain't done shit for the westcoast in a few years doesn't take away the fact of what he has done.  2Pac ain't done a goddamn thang for years, that don't take away his legacy, and same goez for eazy e.  Quentin Tarintino goes years without putting out a movie, does that mean that he is not a great director or producer?

Don Breezio

« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2004, 10:58:38 PM »

Try reading smart guy.  like I said, name one westcoast rapper who has had any impact on the music industry besides sellout doggy dogg.  Rappers and producers come a dime a dozen, dre is an outlier in the music industry.  and not to mention, just cuz he ain't done shit for the westcoast in a few years doesn't take away the fact of what he has done.  2Pac ain't done a goddamn thang for years, that don't take away his legacy, and same goez for eazy e.  Quentin Tarintino goes years without putting out a movie, does that mean that he is not a great director or producer?

im not debating the undeniable fact that dre IS A GREAT producer...but he's not a god like some people on here make him out to be...you're right...nobody has done anything for the westcoast since about 96...but that doesnt make dre the West coast savior. 2pac has had albums consistently coming out since his death which have kept his legacy alive...if he had stopped with makaveli then pac would be nothing more than a memory and a few scratched cds in somebody's collection. dre has a legacy...but legacies are what happens after somebody falls off or dies...

hector

« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2004, 11:04:54 PM »
man shut the fuck up dre wasn't shit to begin with.

im not debating the undeniable fact that dre IS A GREAT producer

am I missing something?

oh and 2Pac has not had albums consistently comming out since his death.  afeni and suge have had 2Pac albums comming out.  and imo they have done nothing but ruin pac's legacy.  try listening to some westcoast rap before you try debating about it dude.  you don't see me debating about gay ass boy bands or ja rule do you?

Suga Foot

« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2004, 11:11:17 PM »
This is a theory I have.  Dre made 2001, he gave a LOT of westcoast artists exposure.  But nobody took it to the next level.  He gave all these Westcoast artists a solid platform to build on, but nobody really took advantage.  It's like, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink it.  He led all these rappers to the water, but nobody took a drink.  So now Dre's like, whatever.  He'll just do what HE wants to do.  

Don Breezio

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2004, 11:15:25 PM »

am I missing something?

oh and 2Pac has not had albums consistently comming out since his death.  afeni and suge have had 2Pac albums comming out.  and imo they have done nothing but ruin pac's legacy.  try listening to some westcoast rap before you try debating about it dude.  you don't see me debating about gay ass boy bands or ja rule do you?

the fact is 2pac albums have been consistently coming out...and TO YOU they have done nothing but ruin his legacy...not everybody feels that way. i love the albums put out since his death...i love the albums put out before his death...theres obviously a big difference in them but i dont think it ruined shit.

Don Breezio

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2004, 11:16:39 PM »

am I missing something?

yeah sorry i probably confused a lot of people...that first part was worded wrong...dre is a great producer but he hasnt been shit since the late 90's (with the exception of a few moments here and there)...he's no westcoast god.

hector

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2004, 11:38:23 PM »
any pac fan from back in the day knows that the albums that have came out since his death, with the exception of makaveli, have showcased none of the real talent 2pac has.  of course you would like them, just look at your fuckin opinion of music.  snoop dogg has consistently put out albums, does that make him good?  fuck no.  I would have 100x the respect I have for him now if he would have stopped after the doggfather.  and back to the pac subject:  at least half of the production and half the guest were never even supposed to be used with the pac material.  he didn't work wit any of those fags, so yez, it did ruin his legacy.  but you would only know this if you were a WESTCOAST rap fan.

Don Breezio

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2004, 11:41:45 PM »
any pac fan from back in the day knows that the albums that have came out since his death, with the exception of makaveli, have showcased none of the real talent 2pac has.  of course you would like them, just look at your fuckin opinion of music.  snoop dogg has consistently put out albums, does that make him good?  fuck no.  I would have 100x the respect I have for him now if he would have stopped after the doggfather.  and back to the pac subject:  at least half of the production and half the guest were never even supposed to be used with the pac material.  he didn't work wit any of those fags, so yez, it did ruin his legacy.  but you would only know this if you were a WESTCOAST rap fan.

1) i was a 2pac fan back in the day...you act like i just got into rap...no homie...ive been into rap for years.

2) i hate snoop dogg...have for a long time

3) you're right that shit doesnt showcase pacs talent...thats probably why it wasnt released! but i'd rather hear it now then never hear it at all...ya feel me?

hector

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2004, 11:50:57 PM »

1) i was a 2pac fan back in the day...you act like i just got into rap...no homie...ive been into rap for years.

2) i hate snoop dogg...have for a long time

3) you're right that shit doesnt showcase pacs talent...thats probably why it wasnt released! but i'd rather hear it now then never hear it at all...ya feel me?

I do believe you just got into rap, from what I can tell from your posts.  my bad if you have been into it longer, but from what I get from what you post in this section, sounds like you just got into rap.  and you can hear pretty much every pac song that has been released, in its og form, which are way better than the remixes made, so no I don't feel ya.  and to top it off, I would much rather not have heard any of it, rather then hear this remixed bullshit, especially that nu mixx garbage excuse for a pac cd.  and what does you hateing snoop have to do with anything?  I just gave an example of how an artist putting out consistent albums shows nothing about them, and in my example, can show how it can ruin an artists career.  dre ain't put out consistent albums, but he sure has one helluva better career than snoop.

Don Breezio

« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2004, 11:58:12 PM »
all you've been doing this entire time is attacking my credibility...like anyone really gives a damn...you've been telling me i dont listen to westcoast rap...heres just a few artists who i own cds of

mack 10, 2pac, boo ya tribe, warren g, dr. dre, ice cube, mike mosley, coolio, knocturnal, etc...

yes i do listen to mostly east coast rap...but why does that make me any less of a 2pac or dre fan? stop attacking my credibility and actually listen to what im saying. i agree nu mixx klazzics was horrible and i would cut my ears off before listening to that garbage one more time...but until the end of time was dope, better days was dope (despite some peoples opinions), still i rise was dope (and i think even you can agree with that), R U Still Down was alright, Resurrection was weak considering there were only a couple new remixes. it was a good comp. of old shit though. then you say "the shit put out doesnt showcase his talent...but you can hear it in the OG versions"...well...umm...either way...ITS STILL THE SAME VERSES! the only difference between the OG versions and the remixes that have dropped are beats and guest appearances...neither of which have anything to do with showcasing pacs talent. so get off it.