Author Topic: Best Software 2 Make Music  (Read 173 times)

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
Best Software 2 Make Music
« on: April 03, 2004, 06:31:23 AM »
All U in house producers name yours and
The reason why U think it's the best

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re:Best Software 2 Make Music
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2004, 09:54:10 AM »
Fruity Loops.

SINLOC

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2004, 10:45:35 AM »

Doggystylin

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2004, 10:55:10 AM »
Naw its definitley Fruity Loops

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2004, 12:23:14 AM »
Well.....
I have been usin Cubase since like 95 because that's what my dad uses. So I am automatically biased in sayin that Cubase is the best if you have synths and you want to record vocals, but I always hear people say Pro Tools and Logic are better. I have seen Pro Tools but I haven't been able to use it to judge.
For people with no synthesizers or anything, I would say fruity loops is. But I can't stand how most soundfonts sound, because I have been usin real synths for 9 years and soundfonts just sound weak to me.

Mua ha ha

• 'G'
  • You Hear it First
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2004, 01:46:48 AM »
Depends on what kinda music you tryin to make....

Pretty much, for all music editing or anything like that, Pro Tools is the way to go, (especially on a Apple G4 or G5). That's what we use at the studio, and I'll guarantee you at least 8 outta 10 studios use it as well. (Any studio that's worth a damn anyway...). The plugins for it are just phenomenal. You can get Pro Tools free, depending on the OS you are using. (Last time I checked, you couldn't use Pro Tools Free on Win XP... you can on Win 98 though).

Next thing I think would maybe be Fruity Loops. I know alot of cats that use that, but peeps still use Acid just as much.
Some say that if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, it plays satanic messages. That's nothing... if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

oh and by the way, I wasn't being racist, I was being prejudice.  I hate dumb people.  Dumb is not a race you fuckin moron.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2004, 01:55:28 AM »
I use Fruity Loops to make the beat and Acid Pro to mix...

ecrazy

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2004, 12:04:35 AM »
Ive been using Digital Performer At School...DP is a MIDI Version of Fruity loops, but my home setup is Fruity loops and Cool Edit, FL for the loops, CE when i need to sample something or to lace up/record vocals with beats.....Its so simple, but takes time gettin used to

Mua ha ha

• 'G'
  • You Hear it First
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2004, 10:01:09 PM »
We use DP3 in our B Studio, but we just upgraded it to Pro Tools 6 as well. Pro Tools > DP in most parts.
Some say that if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, it plays satanic messages. That's nothing... if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

oh and by the way, I wasn't being racist, I was being prejudice.  I hate dumb people.  Dumb is not a race you fuckin moron.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2004, 10:06:03 PM »
It doesn't matter which of these U pick......just pick 1 and master it, make sure U get tha RIGHT sounds......

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!